Why didn't Sup Forums have an autistic meltdown about this the way it did about TFA?

Why didn't Sup Forums have an autistic meltdown about this the way it did about TFA?

for reference

The internet was a mistake.

Because Lando is actually a good character with his race playing no factor in the role.

Empire Strikes back came out in 1979, Sup Forums in case you aren't aware didn't exist at the time. Fucking brainlet.

because Lando had some class and didn't say shit like "gotaboyfriendgotacuteboyfriend?", he didn't smack his lips and he didn't chimp out.

there's a difference between black people and "niggers".

Im an actual racist and the freakout here over finn was retarded. His character was fine, rey was the film ruiner

well Sup Forums didn't exist then but if you mean star wars fans:

>billy dee williams is objectively handsome and charismatic
>casted perfectly for the character he plays

oh and also:

>empire turned out to be the best star wars movie and lando plays a major role

Lando is a halfie with white people hair and talks nice. Finn is darker than Wesley Snipes and is putting on a fake American accent.

me in the middle

Lando was aesthetic, had a mustache and a cape. Finn looks like a purse snatcher.

people were probably too busy freaking out over the vader father meme and luke getting cucked by ford.

You're actually reddit. His character was fucking retarded.

because Billy Dee was THE smooth 1970s motherfucker, and even dem raycisss gave him a pass

His character was awful, but rey was worse. They should have let him keep his natural bong accent, and made him less of an american negro monkey archetype character

Because modern racist outrage has been manufactured by right wing media and online propaganda. The "red pill" is ideology, same as the blue pill. It's not waking up, it's faux awareness of "issues" and the "jewish plot" but really it's just regurgitated propaganda without a spark of reasoning.

Yea, makes sense chimp out over a character you don't even know yet.

You don't need to be racist to realize finn was a terrible character that had no place in star wars.

FUCKING THIS. I mean, BDW was probably a diversity hire back then, too, but at least he was cast in a well written role and he was great for the part. If you're going to do diversity hiring, at least do it right. Focus on writing a good character first, then make sure you pick an actor/actress that has merit and who's performance will fit the role no matter what color their fucking skin is. A good performance combined with good writing can downplay doubts about casting every time.

>They should have let him keep his natural bong accent
This. I mean the empire was almost exclusively dudes with british accents, so why not? It makes sense for the character and the universe.

But people were sperging out before the film even came out. After it was released people stopped caring about finn

I wouldnt say people stopped caring, there's just so many things wring with tfa that the hate got spread around.

Lucas was really ahead of his time.

Why are you asking a stupid question. Sup Forums is the birth place of autism. This is the board that hoards all of degeneracy, worse than Sup Forums. Many people here are considered mentally retarded. They think the visual appearance of a person determines character. That is possible the least verified scientific idea and mantra you can live by and spreads mental aids.

>muh all black ppl in my life are nig nogs
>derfore all representations of black ppl can't deviate from my experience

which is probably not a true experience anyway

>lando plays a major role
Not just that but a pretty complicated role. Its hard to play a judas character and still be likable.
It doesn't hurt that billy dee was one of the suavest motherfuckers to ever walk the planet.

Its because the empire was almost exclusively dudes with british accents, can have the good guy sound like the bad guys he grew up around and was indoctrinated by

lando was a smooth, classy, funky motherfucker.

im cool with lando.

>But people were sperging out before the film even came out.
You mean like Sup Forums does about everything?

Billy D got too much swag to hate.

Literally the black Clark Gable.

Felt natural.

Was before the sjw culture, Billy D looked like a lord not a monkey like Boyega and not social net/twitter etc

because nu-Sup Forums is nothing but provocateurs searching for things to politicize and act irrationally angry over by inventing imagined leftist conspiracies around them

I think you people are forgetting the media wouldn't undermine it's own diversity and there weren't widespread internet forums for dipshits to converge in uncensored and "warn" everyone.

>don't mind me, I'm just being a black guy in a Star Wars film

Billy Dee didn't rant on twitter about how every other fucking movie/show needed more niggers.

Lando is a cultured gent, the savageness of the negro bred out by several generations of mixing

Finn is an ape straight from Nigeria

The real reason is race politics in 1979 are nothing like what they are today. People can spout all manner of extreme opinions through the veil of anonymity on the internet.

I guess it was technically a Judas role, but he was forced into it since the Empire arrived before Han and Leia got to Cloud City, which would (in conjunction with charisma/looks) explain why people still liked him. Like he loved to say, "It's not my fault!"

Because BDW is a handsome brother, a good actor, he played a smooth-ass and necessary character, and John Boyega is a fucking nigger.