France has the most interesting/vibrant history

France has the most interesting/vibrant history

Attached: Flag_of_France.jpg (600x399, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

laregledujeu.org/2017/12/25/33145/trump-jerusalem-et-les-juifs-par-bhl/
panamza.com/02122013-cyril-hanouna-israel/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Board_of_Governors#List_of_governors
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

China and India.
and of course Italy ;)

France is a country drenched in blood

that's one of the reasons why it's interesting

> t. Mohammed al-Geria

France only got bloody because filthy berbers came and pillaged peaceful France. Shitskins projecting their shit behavior on to Europe, as always.

it gets bad when you are part of their long list of victims

>wh*Te delusions

the past is the past

All countries are.

Italy has great history. The roman time was so important for the world. Tbh Dutch history is really good as well. Nobody learns about us but if you are a history nerd you should check it out. We fought against a ton of people and we discoverd a lot of places in the world. In the 16th centery we were the most powerfull country in the world. Sad that those Brits had to take over and delete all of our history :'(

The Maghreb was going to be colonized no matter what we did.
You colonized plenty nations in America, Africa and Asia that you never had contact with.

Yeah, but the thought of my ancestor's remains being legally owned by the french government is still absolutely intolerable.

why bother living in France?

I agree. I might be biased, but I had the most fun studying French history.
The conquest of Gaul, the fall of the Roman Empire, the Frankish conquest of Western Europe, Francia, Charlemagne, the Norman conquest of England, the Crusades, the Hundred Years' War, the Renaissance, the Wars of Religion, the Franco-Dutch War, the Enlightenment, the Seven Years' War, the Revolution, the Napoleonic Wars, the short lived Restauration, the July Monarchy, Napoleon III, the start of the Third Republic, WW1, WW2, and finally the Fifth Republic...

Among existing countries, France is definitely the one with the most interesting history IMO.

>In the 16th centery we were the most powerfull country in the world.
>this is what the "muh Golden age" Dutch really believe
You basically wriggled out of a few wars because FRance, Spain and England were infighting between each other, and barely survived Louis XIV in the first place.

I don't hate France, but their inability to tell their own people the dark side of their history.

>you will never be a condottiere in late Middle Ages/Renaissance Italy

What's the point of living anymore?

Then again some of my ancestors probably were but who cares.

Yes

Because you guys were fighting eachother the rich people left your country. We as liberals took them and started to develop economicly. Amsterdam became to place to be for trade and wealth. We even got a care system for the poor. Other nations ( who were not only 10 times our size but also had a lot more population) Saw this succes and teamed up to defeat us. Now days you can still see some things we did. New zealand is named after a Dutch province, New york used to be called new Amsterdam. A lot of names like Harlem come from Dutch cities. Vanvouver is named after a Dutch guy. Tasmania is named after a dutch explorer. There is no other country our size who has done the same.

>New zealand is named after a Dutch province, New york used to be called new Amsterdam. A lot of names like Harlem come from Dutch cities. Vanvouver is named after a Dutch guy. Tasmania is named after a dutch explorer.
There's a French car brand called Citroën too. It's a Dutch noun :^)

>There is no other country our size who has done the same.
That's not being fair though, the Netherlands was always endowed with a strong maritime culture and high pooulation for a small country, as well as being at the crossroads of Europe for trade.

Anyways they weren't rich, all they were was Huguenots, and most were wealthy I guess, but not hugely so.

>aw this succes and teamed up to defeat us
That's not what happened though. France and England were just bickering against each other for who would get the Netherlands, and that's the only reaso,n we didn't invade you.

This is completely not true. We the common white people of France are constantly being asked to feel guilty for crimes we never committed. But the so-called "elites" that govern us and want us to apologize on their behalf, they'll never admit to any wrongdoings.

Greek history is more interesting

The point that I am trying to make is everybody knows about the Frech history because its a big part of european history. Everybody knows about the English history because its a big part of European and American history. Everybody knows about German history beacuse of the world wars. But a lot of people dont know that the Dutch were really powerfull at one point in time. But because we were surrounded by 3 4 (if you count spain who we fought against for more than 80 years) bigger nation they kind of stole the show and left their mark on the world we know today. But if you are willing to look you will see that we did stuff too :)

Sure mehmet. Arabs and Berbers never invaded europe. It’s just a big conspiracy to keep the opressed muslims down. Stay woke bruh! Kara boga!

I 100% agree with you though, my post() was a joke

This. India, China, Iran are also interesting but nothing tops Greece for me.

>But a lot of people dont know that the Dutch were really powerfull at one point in time.
If they're retarded I guess. In France, some emphasis is made sometimes that British trading got most of its impetus from copying Dutch techniques and banking systems with William I.

French people today have nothing to do with the events of that time anymore, but at the same time France has yet to be held accountable for the horrors of colonisation. For fuck sake, one of my ancestor's skull (he was beheaded by colonizers during the conquest of Biskra) is still in your museum collection.
I think it's really no excuse when one your most popular politician declared that colonization was a good thing.

>most interesting
subjective faggy OP for a low quality thread
>Among existing countries, France is definitely the one with the most interesting history IMO.
> I say this as someone who has an absolute knowledge of every country's history
well, tell me, what do you know of the largest country history?

Why do you think I used terms like "biased" and "IMO"?
Do you have no reading comprehension?

That doesn't change anything.
>I prefaced my point by saying it's probably wrong, how stupid are you for pointing out it's wrong?

At least, say "one of the most".

Keep crying.

?

t. not french

Alright, I'll make it simple for you.
Your claim is a comparison. "France is the most X". You give examples of why french history is X, now you need to compare it to other ones.
Which country's history do you know at least as well as french history?

I studied history for a while. It's all beautifully horrible and fascinating. Don't look for any kind of morals there, I mean maybe occasionally you can find some, but if you don't always expect the worst you will end up disappointed, it doesn't matter where and when. I think my favorite period is the middle ages, people had more balls and standards, and were overall happier I think, but still many things were terrible but the world was already pretty shitty then and still is now.

And what do you even mean being held accountable? Do you mean paying compensations like Germany to Israel? Lmao. That is not going to happen. See Israel can get away with it because they have a lot of power. Justice has nothing to do with it.

As far as our politicians, they say one thing and then the exact opposite, depending on what fits their agenda on one given day. I stopped giving a shit one way or another a while ago.

No, I really am french. That was a good input though, thank you.

Are you autistic?

Not really trying to derail the thread, but when you say "Israel has a lot of power", what kind of power do you have in mind?

I've answered your previous questions, I'm still waiting for you to answer mines, then I suppose we'll be able to have a proper conversation

But I don't want to have a discussion.

>interesting/vibrant history
dont make them more arrogant, they are already full of themselves

Financial, mediatic, criminal, so essentially political.

Israel even has an importation/sales tax fraud ring that operates completely unpunished in France. Just one example.
Souce : My brother works in customs. Feel free to believe me or not.

You should not ask questions in that case. You probably should go to bed.

I didn't ask anything though lol, you're literally mental

I have to remind you that you don't want to have a conversation.
Can you briefly expand on the "mediatic" part before story time about the fraud ?

Well a very sizeable portion of people on television, news, the entertainment industry are Jews. And lots if not most of them would support Israel's interests over France's. The most well-known contemporary French "philosophers" are filthy rich Jews who fully support Israel and all kinds of filthy lobbies (banking, the war busines...). See Bernard-Henry Levy and Alain Finkelkraut. The former being the most despicable of all. He's the influencial mind behind the war in Lybia.

As far as the fraud thing, well I'm not an expert and just heard about it once but basically, some shady companies from Israel just import goods in France, The French customs are sloppy and "trust" Israeli customs for checks or something, anyway the paperwork is done somehow, but regardless, once imported, the taxes owed over the goods are never actually payed, then the goods are selled for a fair amount of shekels. And there are no repercussions whatsoever. They're not the only country that does this, some Muslim countries do this too, but the Israelis are especially good at it and organized.

Yeah, I know the history is not that great but we can learn lessons from it.
I think that europeans really don't understand how complex colonialism was.
So many times i've seen people who thought that colonisation was just synonymous of conquest, they have no idea how complex and how deep its consequences are.
I don't believe that reparations can be made but at least I want the restitution of my ancestor's remains to the homeland so he could be given proper funerals.
Thanks for expressing your insightful thoughts. You sound so intelligent desu

I do agree you should be given your ancestor's remains back. Your story does surprise me a little bit desu (but just a little bit).

And you're welcome, I do try my best not to be retarded. There are way too many retards around already. Don't fully trust anything I or anyone else says though, we're all full of shit sometimes.

i think Russia has most interesting history out of any country, very odd country

only good post in this thread

Just in case, I don't think that "jews from TV" and "Israel" stands for the same thing.
I don't really know but I'd vaguely assume that people from Israel might equally dislike the "filthy lobbies jews".

hey friend, what do you think I was implying there

My post was only semi-serious

But it's always nice to see French people who appreciate Russia

Probably some do, I mean Israelis are not drones, they obviously have a range of opinions like every people.

Regardless, you will find that many of these guys on French TV are actually pretty vocal and explicit about their support to Israel. It's not a secret or anything.

Below, just a random example, you'll find a lot more if you do your research, I promise. I used to be very sceptical about this Jewish lobby shit too, I still have a nuanced opinion about it, but I see it all over the place now...
laregledujeu.org/2017/12/25/33145/trump-jerusalem-et-les-juifs-par-bhl/
>BAAAW Trump doesn't suck Israel's dick hard enough

And another...
panamza.com/02122013-cyril-hanouna-israel/

Even Coluche back in the days briefly mentioned that the Jewish community was "untouchable" (in the context of making jokes about them, which is bad enough in my book). He was not a hateful nutjob, just a funny guy who knew the business.

To be fair, some genuine antisemites do tell lies about Jews and spread misinformation. Which makes the truth even harder to distinguish from lies. Tread carefully and question everything.

Do you think it goes both ways ?
I mean, ok, those jews claim to any and everyone how much they love Israel, how bad the situation there is, how they're constantly victims of rocketry etc

What does Israel do for those jews that have pretty much never lived there?

Is there a purpose?

Well BHL for one is a billionaire and has real, obvious connections in our government. His ties with the Israeli government, not as easily verifiable I gues, but it's a pretty logical conclusion from all the information you can gather about him.

Nobody really knows how far the rabbit holes goes, unless those involved.

It's not just about France either. Look at the Federal Reserve in the US. It's largely been managed by Jews, and there's at least a couple in the list that have documented ties with Israel or even Israeli citizenship.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Board_of_Governors#List_of_governors

If that doesn't prove Israel is very powerful and influential, I don't know what does.

>unless

*except

PS: I realize I didn't fully answer your question. I guess I don't really know what the Israeli government could potentially do for people like BHL. Maybe nothing. Maybe their support is just ideological. Maybe it's just one-sided solidarity, or maybe they exchange favors, share networks and so on... That seems more likely to me, but again, I just can't know for sure.

Hint:
Right now, european countries cannot morally send back the syrian refugees since their country is at war. If/when the war ends, they'll probably be relocated back to Syria.

Top 5 most interesting histories in no particular order

>China
>Italy
>Greece
>India
>Egypt

Closely followed by France, Russia, Japan, and Persia.

The Germanic tribes had a pretty interesting history. Wars with Rome, eventually sacking Rome, conquering and colonising Gaul and Britannia, holding onto paganism until the bitter end, invading Italy, North Africa and Hispania. Raiding everywhere they could. Then after they raped "old" Europe to death they started slaughtering each other instead, slowly giving birth to the Europe we know today. Ironically after they made sure every last bit of the Western Roman Empire was destroyed they started larping as Romans themselves despite Eastern Rome still standing.

Granted, today they don't see each other as the same people, but to me they arr rook the same.

Attached: file.png (1122x630, 1.39M)