What can you say about portuguese cuisine?

what can you say about portuguese cuisine?

Attached: pt.png (1160x773, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

media.giphy.com/media/47xqMrjTiFPslA0AOK/giphy.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spain cuisine is better

lots of fish based recipes
tasty pastries

good food really

Black beans and sausage are alright.

so? there must be a lot of differences.

we stole their feijoada
everyone think feijoada is a brazilian food but it came from portugal LOL

Attached: 1521836733075.jpg (786x786, 292K)

Good if you like seafood. I'm not a fan myself.
Pic related is one of the few local dishes that I really like.
Our meals always have one of three things: Rice, noodles or potatoes.

Attached: carne_de_porco_a_alentejana_CHLM.jpg (1920x1080, 279K)

This is a popular one: bacalhau a bras: it's codfish with chips and herbs... not a fan myself but worth a try.

Attached: bacalhau.jpg (617x370, 111K)

Looks like interesting foods, I would love to give a try

that looks delicious
wtf, i love portugal now

This one is popular in my region. It's made from bread, pork meat, herbs and potatoes. It is seasoned and it becomes very tasty. I cannot cook it...

Attached: migas-à-alentejana-3.jpg (1600x1067, 415K)

Never been in Portugal, but I've been in Chile and Peru where seafood is the main ingredient of their cuisine, and idk... It was "meh".

Probably I'm too used to eat meat.

Since the complete ignorance, I see that in the recipes that you sharing, the principal 'problem' is the complexity. And with complexity, I mean the difficult.
I know what you mean, but I believe that the European and Asian cuisine is much more specific and elder than the American one.

I prefer regular migas, desu.

10/10 Hangover sponge.

Portugal is about 3-way tied for second largest consumers of fish per capita (with Taiwan and Japan, and behind Iceland), but actual seafood isn't as prevalent. We probably eat a lot more than average, but fish is more common.

They aren't really that similar. Both are pretty good.

A lot of Brazilian food is just Portuguese food with tropical ingredients. It's like tuga on vacation food. Pretty good.

They are fairly similar, especially Galician. Spaniards always abuse on tomato and garlic.

Most Portuguese food isn't *that* complex, but it does rely on fresh stuff, since almost everything is readily available fresh here.

Attached: migas.jpg (1000x667, 148K)

Oh yeah, only experienced cook can make this type of food. I can't cook for shit. I only cook for myself because I live alone and I do simple stuff only like pic related

Attached: microMsg.1454031539464.jpg (1320x2200, 689K)

Best Portuguese food, coming through.

Attached: polvo_a_lagareiro.jpg (575x375, 76K)

This is what I eat when I go to my father's home.

Attached: microMsg.1445976976285.jpg (1320x2200, 513K)

Not bad. Deves ser do norte :^)

The Argentine recipes are really easy, you can cook everything without being pretty experienced in cooking theories and practices.
Looks absolutely beautiful, I need to eat this thing
My grandparents used to prepare that kind of beans, they are pretty tasty and catch the taste of all the spices around them

Coimbra, por isso varia com a definição de norte. Há muito bom polvo aí para o sul, também.

Um polvo à lagareiro com migas destas e umas batatinhas a murro são como a estrela dourada do super mario para mim.

Polvo à feira na galiza também não lhe fica atrás.

Attached: apu5.png (657x527, 44K)

More than the dishes, it's also the little things: you can't get decent bread or coffee anywhere but here.

Or tremoços. Fucking tremoços are nowhere to be found in this world.

Attached: Paposecos.jpg (400x300, 162K)

Mas o polvo é apanhado em Aveiro amigo.
> Pescador.
Ninguem posta arroz de cabidela? Papas de sarrabulho? Triste

Thanks for the Macanese style African chicken, Portugal.

>Mas o polvo é apanhado em Aveiro amigo.
Sim, mas há polvo em todo o lado. Pode não ser como o de Aveiro ou do Minho, mas é bom na mesma.

>Ninguem posta arroz de cabidela? Papas de sarrabulho? Triste
Nem arroz de lampreia. Por muito bom que seja, é difícil argumentar só com fotografias e descrições de "é feito com sangue". Tem de se provar para saber.

Attached: arroz-de-lampreia-a-moda-do-minho.jpg (1200x630, 209K)

>you can't get decent bread of coffee anywhere but here
from every single romance country

Haver até há mas aqui em Setúbal há muita mais influencia da gastronomia alentejana. Há muita mais carne de porco do que aí. Porco preto é uma espetáculo. é caro mas valeu a pena! Por acaso gosto mais do polvo enlatado que vem cortado e temperado que há nos supermercados

They are our allies so we are obliged to say it is the best, which it obviously is

Attached: 1518217825882.png (602x491, 114K)

Not quite. Italian coffee is the same as ours, but they're the exception.

By bread, I meant the cheap, default one. More expensive breads are good throughout Romance countries, but un Portugal, the 12c bread is GOAT and unbeatable.

>Arroz de cabidela

Attached: 1522007402862.jpg (462x343, 53K)

good to know user

Pastel de Belém
Uma delícia

Attached: paste2808.jpg (720x413, 287K)

Pretty good, user, pretty good. HOWEVER

Attached: pasteis-de-tentugal.jpg (1600x1200, 202K)

Arroz de cabidela é a minha comida prederida, assumo que sejas do Sul o pessoal ai embaixo nao gosta de sangue na comida...
Entendi mal, pensava que estavas a dizer que o polvo so sul era de melhor qualidade.
> Nunca comeu polvo panado com arroz de tomate.

This looks amazing, user. I've always wanted to go to Portugal and now you're really intensifying that desire. What sort of cakes do you guys eat?

Bolo de bolacha. It's made with "Maria Cookies" which aren't very sweet but have tons of sugar, soaked in coffee and covered in chantilly cream.

But we mostly do egg-based pastries for sweet stuff.

Attached: Bolo-de-Bolacha-TC_003.jpg (3656x2218, 1.26M)

Korean women would love something like this in the picture.

Pic related and nutella crepe are my favourite.

Attached: Bola-De-Berlim-Portuguese-Doughnuts.jpg (848x477, 80K)

>7
It is something. Also check this out!
media.giphy.com/media/47xqMrjTiFPslA0AOK/giphy.gif - more information on gif image

i've seen twice eating these a few of times now.

no idea if they were legit or the average chink clone, though