After many years looking back, was it a good film?

The last samurai.
>culture
>cute japanese girl
>fights

good film.

>Bob

Watched it for the first time just a month ago.

I thought it was pretty good. I'm sure someone shit their pants that it isn't perfectly historical but I think it's well made, the battle sequences seem very coherent, and it's a good story.

>samurai film
>lead is a fucking white male

>sake

Good flim, I mean at least it's not a another remake so...good in my book.

Films women will never understand

*film

>the last samurai is a white man

Katsumoto was the last samurai, not Tom Cruise.

Honestly on rewatch I couldn't get passes the fact that the Samurai give ZERO fucks about the army they're massacring because it's made up of peasants. Like their whole problem is just that Japan is becoming industrialist and unjapanese and they don't mind killing hundreds of innocent people looking to better their lives to make that point. And the movies on their side.

Samurai is both singular and plural.

>caring about peasants
Found the anarcho-commune mud pilier

it was meant plural, even the director said so. Then again English is a low-tier trash language akin to nigger speak in Africa, so no wonder people would misunderstand.

The other dude was the last samurai. Cruise was just LARPing a bit.

Yes

>The last samurai
>starring tom cruise
I have an idea for a movie
>the last nigger on earth
>starring tom hanks

Its one of my favorite movies, the theme of honor plus the comfyness just really does it to me.
It beats Kingdom of heaven in my eyes because of orlando fucking bloom.
Seriously, if it werent for him, KoH directors cut would be the perfect movie

That movie is such absolute pleb shit. Samurais fucking loved guns.

The tvseries "shogun" is a lot better and adheres closer to japanese culture, despite also getting the gun thing wrong.

>In the year 1567, Takeda Shingen announced that "Hereafter, the guns will be the most important arms. Therefore, decrease the number of spears per unit, and have your most capable men carry guns

Weeb ripoff of The Last of the Mohicans

Was the last samurai supposed to be cruise or Watanabe's character?

Watanabe

Cruise was just along for the ride.

It genuinely has nothing in common with Last of the Mohicans, Dances with Wolves on the other hand...

I think it's a decent film, but I also consider it one of my favorites. I just find the setting in the village extremely comfy. Plus the themes of honor and duty.

Shit, what are some other films like this?

SAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Schindlers List or the last Jew

It's one of these films you are always keen to watch of they air on TV, like LOTR

Early seasons of Vikings do it for me, not so much honor and duty but more of Athelstan wandering the villages getting used to the Northmen's culture, and the sense of exploration

Yeah I really enjoyed the first couple seasons of Vikings too dude. Same kind of feels. Especially that episode where they journey to that mountain temple for the festival.

>White male

STAHP

needed steven segal

>giving him you's for such shitty bait
I have no idea why this board is such shit, its posters are so intelligent they realize that Tom fucking Cruise wasn't the titular last samurai

> the battle sequences seem very coherent

I don't think so. Pay attention to the swordfighting and you will quickly see how clunky and holywoody it is.

Other than that, yes, pretty good film.

I'm specially fond of the first battle, seeing the Imperial Army completely unprepared was good fun.

I think you underestimate how many people haven't seen it and pop into the threads to try and be clever by pointing that out.