Wth i hate mcdonalds even more now

wth i hate mcdonalds even more now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oaStAR7hz_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EVERY DAY THEY TRY AND SHILL THIS BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA FLICK

Burger King is better.

I dont get why people like the Mcdonalds Brothers when they didnt give Ray Kroc any freedom?

this film had the opposite effect it was intending to have methinks.

Because it was their system which he took credit for and basicall ripped from their hands. He was a guest and given privileges should he follow the rules and then proceeded to break every rule, get rich, and fuck over everyone below him

Already dislike McDonalds (and fast food in general) ever since I saw Super Size Me. I did a paper on Ray Kroc in high school and it sealed the deal for never buying Mickey D's again.

I did enjoy it a lot and loved Keaton playing a douchebag. It's such a contrast to his feel-good stuff in the 80's and now he's rocking it with playing jerks and villains.

>tagline directly rips off The Social Network
Is the rest of the film as derivative and uncreative?

ok, well thats just dumb

At least say like In and Out, or Culvers, or even fucking Wendys but Burger King? Seriously?

>ever since I saw Super Size Me
You've been bamboozled

Because they were decent men making an honest living until Mr. Kroc pulled a fast one on them and screwed them out literally everything. For all intents and purposes he directly shut them down.

The only thing he did wrong was building McDonald's next to the brothers' own restaurant at the end. I don't know why he decided to do that nothing suggested that he hated them so much.

>While most productions shoot a minimum of 12+ hours per day, The Founder frequently shot for between 8-10 hours. This was due to the fact that John Lee Hancock came very well prepared and didn't overshoot anything he liked from the first take. Adding to the fact that the whole film was shot in only 22 days, this makes for an incredibly rare shoot.

>working 22 days to make millions

Budget $25 million
Box office $23.9 million

It's not like it was meant to start a franchise (heh).
Though it may discourage studios from making similar non-standard movies which is worrying,

look at this guys filmography

How do you even describe a director like this

It shows, the movie is technically shit compared to other movies like the Social Network.

Maybe they make a bit of profit from blu ray sales and selling to tv

it really is a shitty movie
the story is actually quite amazing, but you're better off just reading about it on wikipedia or something

I could see if he winged it. But it at least sounds like he did his research before the cameras started rolling.

If he didn't expand the McDonald's then it would've been some local restaurant, probably dead by now. And Burger King would be on top. Don't see how you can hate the man

>wth
youre probably a mormon

MCDONALD'S WILL MAKE YOU FAT, THEY SERVE BIG MACS. THEY SERVE QUARTER POUNDERS, THEY WILL PUT POUNDS ON YOU.

>Super size me plebs

It starts off good, and has some good scenes here and there(with the lettuce, then in the bathroom) but it really drags on in the middle where I thought about turning it off

This was a genuinely bad movie. The first half was like a lifetime movie that was promoting how amazing McDonalds is and then the next half just goes lol Kroc was real piece of shit.

On one hand, I sympathize with the brothers, but their vision was way too limited. Kroc IS the founder of the McDonalds CORPORATION and changed the landscape of dining out irrevocably by bringing the brothers' ideas to the masses. McDonalds Corporation linked the US economy and later the global one with its agriculture, real estate, merchandise, and other factors. It employed countless people since its inception as well as its invaluable charity work.

The 2 things I DO hold against Kroc is that he should've honored his handshake pledge and gave the 1% percent of profits in perpetuity as well as not forcing them to close the original restaurant that the brothers wanted to give to their employees.

That's just human vice. The rest of the movie is like an apotheosis of entrepreneurship, ingenuity and free market. McDonald's brothers' system and Kroc's idea for franchise. Makes me want to go out there and start a business.
But for God's sake don't put faith in anything that isn't on paper. The brothers put in on themselves.

Without knowing the story beforehand, the movie gave me the feeling that Ray Croc honestly wanted to take the brothers to the top with him. Then the epilogue?? (words at the end of the movie) comes on and I find out Croc didn't honor the handshake and put a McDonalds right next to them and drove them out of business. Seems like the movie made Croc seem a little nicer than he was in real life.

>Don't see how you can hate the man
I can empathize Kroc for wanting to strike it big. He had so many failed ideas that were mocked by banks and his country club friends that he wanted that 1 success to make him a high-roller. He was persistent and that's what made him prosper.

But 2/3 into the film, I realized that I was sorta rooting for this asshole who divorced his loyal wife, stole another's, and caused a heart attack for one of the brothers.

At least Richard and Maurice got 2 million bucks in 1960's dollars. Most people who get screwed over would kill to get that much.

>You can't eat red meat and fried food for every meal or you will get fat.

Gee, thanks.

At the very least the surviving brother later reunited witht he company and served the bilionth burger or whatever.

>DUDE STUFFING YOUR FACE UNTIL YOU LITERALLY PUKE WITH RICH FOOD YOU DONT NORMALLY EAT BECAUSE YOU'RE VEGAN EVERY SINGLE DAY IS BAD FOR YOU LOOK AT MY HORSESHOE MUSTACHE LOOOL AM I LIKE MICHAEL MOORE YET???

>But 2/3 into the film, I realized that I was sorta rooting for this asshole who divorced his loyal wife, stole another's, and caused a heart attack for one of the brothers.

This is why I really liked this movie. It is rare to make a movie about an asshole, and yet still get the audience to root for the asshole.

I agree. Their lawyer fucked up big time by not insisting to put that on paper or at least filming the handshake pledge.

I think Kroc respected the shit out of what Maurice and Richard did, but grew frustrated how small-time their thinking was. He felt they were holding him back from millions (which he probably would've given to the brothers gratefully).

Kroc went from being their fanboy admirer to their bitterest enemy because of the clash of ideologies and all the hang-ups in their original contract. I can respect the fact that the brothers wanted quality control, but that only works for a lone restaurant. Kroc wanted expansion so he cut corners here and there, but retained a lot of the original execution that the brothers showed him.

>LOOK AT MY HORSESHOE MUSTACHE

Why did this make me lol?

They were scared of change and losing power of their brand. Which is pretty ironic right now.

burger king's flagship burgers unlike mcdonalds have more fixings and proper toppings, so what's wrong with making the distinction

i watched this last month. then found out maccas has $1 hamburgers and 24 nuggets for 9.95

I gained 20kg

>I think Kroc respected the shit out of what Maurice and Richard

The last scene summed this up well. Croc didn't want to steal from them, but he also soon realized that the bros' didn't know what they had. Croc saying that McDonalds sounds like America is so dead on, and the fact that it was stolen from it's original owners makes the parallel that much more powerful.

I wouldn't say root so much as you have to really admire Kroc's determination. Remember that hotel scene with the Persistence recording?

youtube.com/watch?v=oaStAR7hz_s

Kroc wanted to become a big shot so much (and in his 50's!) where most men his age would just be content with a cozy middle-class life.

I think his work as a traveling salesman contributed to his single-minded obsession with wealth and fucking over anyone that got in his way. There's a theory that traveling salesman develop sociopathic tendencies due to being isolated from people while driving as well as having to deal with rejection after rejection. It hardens someone because if they don't get their sales, they're out of a job and away from their homes/families in some Bumblefuck town.

>There's a theory that traveling salesman develop sociopathic tendencies due to being isolated from people while driving as well as having to deal with rejection after rejection. It hardens someone because if they don't get their sales, they're out of a job and away from their homes/families in some Bumblefuck town.

Jesus, that sounds terrible.

I had a job a couple years back where I had to travel across the continental US for weeks. I wasn't a salesman so I didn't have to deal with door-to-door shit. I treated it like a mini-vacation since I got to see a lot of the nation in-between the coastal states. But man, the driving really got to you. Especially for hours so that you can reach the nice hotels the company booked for me along the way. I did enjoy going through Colorado because it was beautiful as fuck.

So I can sorta see why traveling salesmen would develop those attributes. There's even a theory that traveling salesmen in the past might be cross-country serial killers from 1900 to the 1950's. They're constantly on the move, forensics wasn't stellar back then, and how hard would it be for some guy on business to randomly murder in the countryside and be caught for it?

i don't know about that. every time i've eaten burger king the burgers have been soggy as shit on top of being bland.

I wonder what kind of person is attracted to a job like door-to-door salesman in the first place? I mean, I'm sure some guys just sort of fell into it, but certainly some men purposely wanted that type of job.

plus there's that urban legend about the salesman who accidentally stuck his dick in a milking machine, apparently, he thought it was the farmer's daughter

>but certainly some men purposely wanted that type of job.
Probably a dude that's into one-night stands. You can sleep with a different woman in every county and state.

Or someone who wants to get away from home for whatever reason and doesn't mind driving alone.

thoughts on this guy

>Hey let's hire this guy to turn our shitty burger stand into a successful franchise
>OMG how dare you turn our shitty burger stand into a successful franchise!

Fuck the McDonalds. Kroc is the All American Dream.

Low penalty for failure. You blow a sale and make a fool of yourself, that's fine. Just move into the next neighborhood or city and no one knows you.

I want Sup Forums and /cont/ to leave

>eating fastfood, ever
>caring about stupid people that actually do
get your shit together

Kek. A subtle shill.

Michael Keaton is a living legend

>movies only make money from box office

Especially since it didn't get a full release.

The way I look at it Kroc was an asshole, but sometimes that's what it takes to really get an idea off the ground. It would be like if the guys that invented the combustion engine only wanted to put it in handbuilt luxury cars. Sure that's maybe the folksier way to go about it, but you lose so much potential.

They were squandering their potential. One tiny burger shack doesn't need a super efficient system like that, it was made for mass production. If Kroc hadn't done it some other asshole would have just copied it and not paid them a dime because you can't copyright "an efficient kitchen setup".

Johnny Rockets and Wendy's are the best tho

someone post the copypasta its been missing

I like Checkers

Are you retarded? Like really? The guy rubbing his hands wants you to buy more McDonald's.

You neoliberal cunts are impossible.

for what exactly? wikipedia?
read the summary off imdb then, or just not at all I don't really give a shit

It's really not.

1. Shake Shack
2. In-N-Out
3. McDonalds
4. Hot garbage
5. JackintheBox, Burger King, Wendy's

t. fast food fatass

I see your burgercinemas amd raise you burgerkino: The Habit

Coasties can fuck off. Five Guys is the king of burgers.

dat McFlurry tho

Hello, food?

They're really good but as a meal i prefer in-n-out's double double with some fries and a coke.

Blizzard's are better and you're not aggrandizing a cunt by buying one.

Everything in Burger King is good.. cept their burgers

I agree with it all if five guys is the top of the list

Dairy Queen actually has halfway passable burgers now too. At least as good as McDonalds.

Protip: if you call everything and everyone jewish propaganda then you have all your bases covered.

Blizzards ARE better, but much more expensive

Mcdonald's aren't halfway passable.

Most of this website is evil.

Maybe if your fatass didn't need ice cream everyday you could afford to eat at the dairy queen

I miss the BK Broiler

I miss Jack in the box and their ultimate cheeseburger.
Fuck this region

There's fucking nothing wrong with McDonald's. It's nice to know I'll get the same decent food if I'm in bumbfuck North Dakota or Bahrain.

You aren't supposed to eat it every day. It's quick calories on a busy day. Eating high calorie/high salt anything multiple times a week is fucking stupid.

Pic related is my BP results from today. I'm 31. Been eating mcdonalds once a week or so for years. Shit won't kill you.

Reverse image search proves you a liar.

>There's fucking nothing wrong with McDonald's.
Except for the fact that its owner was a thief and a liar whose unethical practices cheated a family out of their namesake and invention.

Nobody is talking about super size me you stupid Mcdonald's swilling hick.

Clever shitpost, fatbody.

he's dead, who gives a fuck

The good people of this thread kind user.

Whatever. The owner has gotten reliable cheap food to within a few miles of almost anywhere in the states. I'm sure the people he "screwed out" of their business wouldn't have achieved that, so fuck em.

Nah, he's a cunt and needs to be remembered as a cunt. How you get there is as important as getting there.

There is no such thing as good or evil, only power and those with the will to grasp it.

>it's a "normies pretend the McRib is the greatest thing on earth" episode
Had about enough of this one.

>you will never steal a multi-million dollar business model

Why even live bros?

Nah, fuck off with your moral relativism.

But morals are relative. McDonalds is a massive employer that has done far more good for the world than bad. Are you going to tell me just because two nerds got screwed out of some of their money that totally negates all the positive they've done?

Yes.

Literally every Mcdonald's executive, employee and customer should be taken in front of a ditch and shot.

Ray Kroc's body should be exhumed and buried in a pile of pigs shit to turn to dust.

Better hope you aren't posting from a device running anything using Apple or Microsoft, wouldn't want to look like hypocrites now would you?

Shut your burger hole and line up you fuck.

Quality is important too, right? That's what they were obsessed about. Getting the highest quality product to the customer as efficiently as possible.

Quality for them was never as important as consistency and speed. It's not hard to keep quality up when you only have 4 things on the menu.