Disney gives Colin Trevorrow the boot over Star Wars Episode IX

Disney gives Colin Trevorrow the boot over Star Wars Episode IX.

Who should replace him Sup Forums?

starwars.com/news/a-statement-regarding-star-wars-episode-ix

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/colin-trevorrow-as-director-star-wars-episode-ix-1035463

No one cares

It doesn't matter, in the end it's a bunch of non-creatives making all the decisions and imposing their arbitrary rules and injecting marketables to the detriment of the film.

who fucking cares, star wars has and always will be shit

stop giving the jew your shekels you dumb fucking retards

>the absolute STATE of Sup Forums

tfw women ruin everything

>Sup Forums defending firing the fucking director of Jurassic World
THE ABSOLUTE SHIT STATE OF Sup Forums RIGHT NOW HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Saves your movie

When will Kathleen Kennedy get shit for fucking up Star Wars? If the MCU was as fucked up as SW is right now people would call for Feige to be fired.

Care to elaborate?

mouse squad damage control

this franchise is beyond redemption

Hire my twelve year old little brother to direct it, it'll be the same result either way.

That was predictable. Like that fantastic 4 director. I predict the same fate to the kong director. They're inexperienced untalented cucks the studios have zero respect for. The films are shit but still make money because of brand recognition and brainwashed audiences.

except while TFA was a shitty star wars movie it was infinitely more memorable than MCU garbage #21301293

NuWars didn't deserve him anyways.

Good. Jurassic World was a massive piece of shit.

Maybe hire a WOMAN? Huh, Disney? Come on now. It's time girls take back Star Wars

This is legitimately good news. It was baffling that he got the job in the first place.

It's practically gauranteed to go back to JJ.

>except while TFA was a shitty star wars movie it was infinitely more memorable than MCU garbage #21301293
Literally what? TFA was 'Generic: The movie'
>generic hitler bad guy
>generic edgy teenager angry at his dad
>generic diversity casting
>generic super weapon

Every single facet about that movie was as forgettable as you can possibly make it. Not even trying to shill for MCU given how formulaic their shit is, but TFA was 100% rehash.

TLJ has had practically zero production problems unlike the other three movies so far, so it's more likely they'd try and tap Johnson to continue with it if he can.

JUST

>except while TFA was a shitty star wars movie it was infinitely more memorable than MCU garbage #21301293
user, TFA follows the exact same formula as the marvel movies. it is marvel trash with Star Wars decals slapped on it.

They probably removed him to give episode 9 to Rian Johnson

He probably did a fantastic job with 8

If you could read you would see I wasn't defending Disney - rather ridiculing their film making process.

TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.

Book of Henry was kino. Disney will regret this

I know most people on Sup Forums don't like the sequel trilogy, but I couldn't be happier. Trevorrow turned Jurassic Park into totally homogenized family Hollywood blockbuster crap. It was far too cheeky and didn't take itself seriously. Yes, I realize Jurassic Park is inherently fantasy but the tone was completely changed.

Let me guess, a female director will take over and Disney will pat themselves on the back for it.

what does colin trevorrow leaving star wars mean for white male directors? can we trust them to helm such big budget projects in the future?

Episode 8 must be a total dumpster fire of a flick and Disney doesn't know what the fuck they're going to do.

no. Star Wars can't BOTH be for nerds AND normies.
SW is just normie now

TFA is easily the worst Star Wars movie ever made. It has so many failings that it's impossible to list them all. Some of its biggest flaws are bland, forgettable characters, poor direction and a complete lack of original ideas. Not only does it add nothing to the Star Wars saga, but it's lack of originality actually detracts from the franchise itself.

But Star Wars was always normies, real nerds preferred Trek.

WHAT IS HER FUCKING PROBLEM?

If TLJ gets 85%+ on RT, I'm guessing Rian Johnson will be renewed for Episode IX.

If not then maybe Alex Garland or Ridley Scott, I could see their style meshing with Disney.

>real nerds preferred Trek.
and that got fucked too.

>Episode 8 must be a total dumpster fire of a flick and Disney doesn't know what the fuck they're going to do.

Episode 8 is literally the only Disney Star Wars that hasn't been a near or actual train wreck.

I fucking called it.

I remember when he was first announced and I thought "this putz? dude is just riding on the jurassic world wave", i knew he wouldn't make it to IX.

with the way things are going, i think villenueve will get nabbed for IX.

Star Wars directed by George Miller

You've seen it?

save star wars? if you insist.

why the fuck would they care when the movies fucking made so much money?

Yeah, it's real good.

Or more seriously, do you actually think they're doing super secret disaster hiding on SW8 while they've been unafraid to expose what shitfests SW7, RO and Han Solo have been? Not to mention putting a bullet in one movie entirely and canning it.

What I mean is that even a movie without public production disasters can end up bad. Maybe Rian turned into a yes man for Kennedy, or maybe there hasn't been issues because Kasdan isn't around. We could end up with a film just as mediocre as TFA.

This is the perfect time to show that the force truly is female

meant for

>villeneuve
>sinking to SW

hes not THAT much of a hack

I wouldn't call her one of the best but I'd certainly prefer her to Trevorrow

Really. It seems like Book of Henry is going to be one of Sup Forums's favorite movies within the next five years.

Better than TFA

Name ONE good Star Wars film made in this Millennium

you LITERALLY can't

How about you post one OBJECTIVE piece of evidence that TFA was not an unmitigated success in every way a film can be.

>tv director

not even once

i'm pretty sure he'd only turn it down due to scheduling, everyone has a price. either him, nolan or johnson. most likely it will be johnson, if it is, that probably means kk and co are very happy with rj's viii.

rots

Screenshot this now it'll be Patty Jenkins.

I never claimed TFA wasn't successful, just that it had a very troubled production, which is a fact. That's why I said "near" train wreck, it was something they pulled together despite it's problems.

I consider Rogue One the same way.

What happened during TFA's production? Never heard of this before.

>Patty Jenkins
You're probably right, it would be right in Disney's wheelhouse to drop one blockbuster director for another one that's also an underrepresented gender/race

I think a big reason TFA gets hate that has nothing to do with the actual movie is that it was made by Disney.

The Disney buyout of Lucasfilm and their immediate decision to start making SW films as fast as possible just comes off as very cold business to a lot of people. People had made up their mind, before TFA came out, that Disney SW movies are just product and not movies.

When the comparison to A New Hope started being made after TFA came out, people got very negative, especially with the idea Disney's motive was just to make product that appealed to the long-term fans who knew REAL SW was Ep 4-6. Nostalgia money. Hating The Force Awakens was the result of that.

A lot of the "repetitive" stuff is a meta-commentary on the nature of Star Wars itself to appear to appeal to fan demand while actually deconstructing it at the same time. I don't know how people miss this, Kylo Ren is not a subtle character and the First Order is clearly meant to be a subject of mockery.

From the opening shot until the last frame, TFA was a great movie. One I can watch again and again.
Why?
Good characters.
Good relationships.
Excellent visual effects.
Fantastic sound design.
Practical sets.
Characters who I actually want to see again.
A universe which I would want to visit again.

Good, Treverrow is shite.

>mfw they pick fucking Villeneuve because muh Arrival, muh Blade Runner

They should go for a really adventurous choice like Takashe Miike

This desu. TFA gets shit on far too much

Holy shit, The Book Of Henry literally nuked his career.

I would've be bad if it went back to Johnson or Abrams

Kathryn Bigelow would be pretty sick

>Villeneuve
>not a hack
Ahahahahahahaha

The Clone Wars

>Good characters.
Mary Sue, Jar Jar Binks-lite, Emo Vader are good characters, huh? Before you lecture me on how Emo Vader is supposed to be meta-commentary, it doesn't make for an entertaining villain. Especially in light of how over-competent the protagonist was. She actively undermined the tension in almost every scene she was in.

learn to read

His comment was criticizing the movie you fucking mongaloid.

Okay, >Not a total hack, then.

I think it's pretty likely he signs on

kill yourself

JJ Abrahms, I want to see if he makes the chick fuck the nigger or makes the nigger and the mexican gay for each other

They will get the guy that did Planet of the Apes.

Matt Reeves? Guy is a solid blockbuster director and free from that other franchise now

already working on Batman (with Affleck)

Okay, so since everyone is bitching about TFA, let's list our top fives to actually direct the thing:

Hideo Kojima
Guillermo del Toro
John Lasseter
Bong Joon-ho
Jonathan Glazer

miike is hot garbagio, not to mention no jap will ever get their hands on an american franchise.

>tv director
>best action director alive.

Jesus fucking christ. The guys who did John Wick have more integrity and those arent even that good. Crank, the Raid, Fury Road, and Hacksaw Ridge all come to mind too.

Hell, even Snyder possibly.

Gareth Evans would be better

Jackie Chan should direct episode 9.

This looks like a job for Joss "don't stop riding my dick til" Whedon

Did you even read the posts you quoted, autistic fuck?

Brad Bird

hey how bout we just get george back at this point

Kylo Ren is a great character. He's just saddled with having a 0 dimensional propaganda poster as an enemy.

Taika Waititi would be the GOAT choice.

Seconded.

If Bigelow could reclaim the heights of Point Break, I'd put aside my Girl Power aversion and cheer her on.

Brad Bird is a great choice, actually. The cartoon sensibility he brought to Mission Impossible is just the right balance of action and humour you'd want to have in a Star Wars movie.

Who wins in a fight, by ranking? Here's mine. It's pretty shit. There aren't many characters left anyway.

Night King
The Mountain
The Hound
Brienne of Tarth
Jon Snow
EUron
Arya

Bronn
Beric
Gendry
Grey Worm
Jorah Mormont
Jaime Lannister

From memory, it went through multiple writer changes and was in a state of constant rewrites even while filming was taking place. It was pretty much pulled together in editing and reshoots. They did a significant rewrite during the month filming was shut down when Ford broke his hip.

which is more dead, game of thrones or star wars

ITT: People desperately trying to hold on to hope that it wont be a Woman, and specifically one of color.

$poiler: It will be. The days of white males directing anything important are over.

How did it take The Mouse this long to realize that Jurassic World was festering dogshit and Trevorrow is a complete hack?

>Gareth Evans
>Bong Joon-ho
>Brad Bird
>Taika Waititi
>Alex Garland
>Takeshi Kitano
>Peter Jackson
>Joe Cornish

One of these.

Someone must have watched Book of Henry.

Waschowskis when??

Every Star Wars film Disney has created has been directed by a white male Every MCU film created so far has been directed by a white male. What possible reason do you have for thinking there's some anti-white, anti-male agenda out there?

According to some of the articles it's been a while coming, they were just delaying pulling the plug because it was a bad look doing this and the Han Solo movie thing so close together

it was never a complex story, only the prequels and EU made it that and ruined it... its just a simple good vs evil tale set in space with cool special effects..