The Pickup Artist

How does it feel knowing when (IF) you get a gf a PUA is going to swoon her?

How can you compete when all it takes is 2 minutes of SMOOTH talking and you're getting KEKED 10.pm friday?
What's the point of even trying if there are legends like J-DAWG, Matador and the great (((MYSTERY))) prowling the streets?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on PUA's and the community

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RV98C9BauGk
youtube.com/watch?v=Dj4XAYhF0ok
vocativ.com/279467/infamous-pickup-artist-mystery-has-epic-facebook-meltdown/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just how little is that blonde guy?

Why are you so insecure, OP? Why do you care about this bigger world stuff when you don't have any little world to take care of?

Those were simpler times, user. A sexist show like this would never work today.

this game show was so meh. it made beauty and the geek seem amazing

MYSTERY niggas

I'm not american but am I supposed to believe any of those weakling fags dressed as drag queens get anywhere near a willing pussy with their bullshit?

can't unsee

Corrected it for you NEET.

Any good/embarrassing videos/documentaries on Pick Up artists?

hE'S A SMALL GUY....

Oh wow, Mystery's pals with Macklemore?

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=RV98C9BauGk

Look at that Hispanic faggot. He is drowning in pussy.

I was into PUA stuff when I was younger. It helped give me the confidence to start talking to girls, but when I got good I realized that PUA is just overcomplicated training wheels meant to ease robots into becoming comfortable with their own sexualities, at which point they really can just be themselves and don't need PUA stuff any more.
The PUA movement itself realized this at some point. I sometimes check in on it, and I see that modern PUA dudes mainly focus on so-called natural game, and almost nobody cares about the old-school Mystery-type shit any more. This is the correct approach.

Yeah it's more about internalizing the reality of male-female social dynamics and working around that. I was never into the dopey ass peacocking and retarded stories like "The Cube"

Yep, and on an even deeper level than social dynamics, it's about simply being comfortable with your own sexual desire and letting it show when you're interacting with women.
Not in a Screech from Saved by the Bell, creepy stalker way, I mean, but in an actually relaxed way.

proof that pua shit is for betas, just look at these faggots

The whole culty PUA scene has only helped mark out all the most pathetic guys at bars to everyone. Still, it's free entertainment I suppose

It obviously is because Chad is a natural

Doesn't mean betas can't Chad their shit up a bit

yep.

they are the failed norms who hone their craft in creepy internet chatrooms

>chatrooms

Never heard of this, all of the worthwhile content is in blogs

This show was pure cringekino. I wish the series was on youtube or something I'd love to watch it again

It was annoying to see that the robotic, routine-following side of PUA got a TV show just as the more natural, organic side of PUA was beginning to consign it to the dustbin of history.

it's so easy to pick up on who is obsessively reading the PUA/MRA subreddits when they try really hard to touch girls and be playfully insulting

basically they act like that guy that sued those jews on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=Dj4XAYhF0ok

So if PUA shit isn't like how this show was anymore, what's it about now? I've never even held a girls hand so I could never even think I'd be able to be "taught" anything at in all in terms of getting women.

wright in a benis

It's focused more now on what's called inner game, in other words adopting the same mindsets that guys who are good with women have, rather than trying to just imitate their outward behavior.
A lot of this boils down to ditching negative mindsets rather than building new positive ones. Many guys who suck with women view their own sexual desires as somehow wrong. The more one can get rid of that, the better.
There's also a more realistic attitude nowadays toward the importance of looks. Old school PUAs sometimes were a bit too optimistic in that they sometimes claimed looks didn't matter at all, any dude could get laid with hot women. Modern PUAs tend to bit more realistic. You have to work with what you've got, but it would be a good idea to try to get skinnier if you're fat, etc.
There's also the whole manosphere "redpill" movement, which is an offshoot of PUA which has emerged in the last few years. This basically boils down to realizing that sex and love are independent and you shouldn't expect to find love or loyalty in your sex partners. Unfortunately, the red pill community attracts a lot of bitterness, even though they themselves preach overcoming it and learning how to enjoy relations with women. They end up spending a lot of time deconstructing male-female dynamics rather than talking about how to get laid, so I'm not sure whether I would really characterize it as being PUA anymore.
My own approach is simple: treat your sexual desires as being ok, be socially competent, realize that women are people, interact with them while aroused, let interacting with them get you more aroused (in a relaxed way, not a creepy "robot with a boner" way), be natural.

Can you imagine how bad his dick must smell to be named Mystery, to look/dress like that, and apparently be able to pull any amount of ass? Nigga's got to have negative standards.

"Mystery" was a stage magician before he became a pick-up artist, so for him the weird outfit and theatricality worked. He was congruent with it. People who tried to imitate him? Not so much.

Whoop dee doo, he looks like a faggot who lives at the mall.

He fucked hot women, which was his goal. You don't have to look like that to fuck hot women, but that's the approach he hit on, and it worked for him, so he ran with it.

>He fucked hot women
Calling bullshit, but feel free to keep defending yourself, Mystery.

>Many guys who suck with women view their own sexual desires as somehow wrong
Can you explain this a bit further?

Dude go outside sometime. There are guys much weirder looking than Mystery fucking hot women. It's not like fucking hot women is some rare skill that you need rocket surgeon talent to accomplish.

......david duke

man, i feel bad for these guys. it's so much more pathetic than drunk people grinding on girls at bars and then watching the girl run away/rescued by her friends.

Mystery is a divorced lonely man. He's the living proof PUA is just a jewish meme, and true happiness comes from getting married early with a virgin wife.

vocativ.com/279467/infamous-pickup-artist-mystery-has-epic-facebook-meltdown/

Literally this

Context, dude. Mystery would look ridiculous trying to pick up chicks in a mall. But in a goth club, he looks cool. He never advocated that guys should dress like that to get laid.

Bob Dylans career choices really makes me think.

PUA isn't a meme. It's helped lots of guys become happier and psychologically more together. However, becoming good with women won't magically turn you into a happy person or somehow make it so that you don't have to deal with the issues of aging, children, mortality, and so on.

What's his name again?

repressed sexuality
shame
guilt
fear
etc

im 100% certain i could beat up every single one of those faggots

this show legit had a lot of good info. if you fags ever talked to a girl you'd know it

Sure. I'm referring to any feelings of shame about one's own sexual desires. Well, don't get me wrong... if you want to fuck kids or do other non-consensual stuff, you should feel shame about it. But if you just want to have sex with consenting adults... there's literally zero reason to be ashamed of it. Women like sex. Nature equipped you with sexual desire. You having sex with women doesn't hurt anybody. Yet lots of guys grow up feeling shame around it. Some guys feel that there's something wrong with sexuality for religious reasons. Other guys grow up feeling like sex is something that the woman gives to the man and only the man really enjoys, so wanting it is like wanting to steal something from the woman. Guys like that usually feel that they have to desperately conceal their sexual desire all through the process of trying to get laid, and then somehow spring it on the woman at the "right moment". But this is nonsense. Women like sex and tend to spend a lot of time pursuing it. Another variant of sexual shame is feeling that expressing sexual desire is an enormous breach of social norms, like pulling down one's pants and loudly farting in public would be. Now, there is a grain of truth to this, in that it's true that one shouldn't act like a creep or a stalker, and one should have some level of social awareness and not do stuff that would embarrass the woman, or say "hey baby wan fuk?" (unless you can do it in a really playful, non-attached way that isn't creepy). However, it's perfectly normal to let one's sexual desire be there while interacting with women, and to let it show to some extent. For example, there's nothing wrong with becoming aroused in public. Having a giant boner obviously poke out of your pants is going too far, but that's an extreme example. Flirting is basically just becoming aroused in a playful and relaxed way while interacting with another person.

Is there any truth to PUA?

Cont. It helps to be aware of the difference between needy ego-arousal on the one hand, which is actually a mental response to a sense of insecurity and lack ("I must seduce this woman to feel manly"), and on the other hand, relaxed organic arousal, which is more of a happy, non-needy, whole-body thing. It's still sexual arousal, don't get me wrong, not some hippy dippy thing, but when you're aroused in a relaxed way you're feeling the sexual desire in your own body and enjoying it without needing to give it consummation. So then expressing that sexual desire is more like sharing a flame that is making you feel good with another, rather than running around with a painful hardon and feeling like you need to stick it in a woman in order to make your ego/mind feel better. The former is a mental craving sort of thing. The latter is a physical, natural thing.
So overall, the key is to not be ashamed of your sexual desire and to know that there is no rational reason to be ashamed of it, to realize that you expressing your sexual desire benefits women and that most women expect men to occasionally become turned on by them and are ok with it as long as the men don't express it in a creepy or disrespectful way, to understand the difference between needy ego-arousal and genuine, relaxed arousal, to be socially competent enough to understand context to some extent and not make big faux-pas, and to treat women as humans and realize that becoming aroused by them doesn't disrespect them. Becoming turned on by a woman doesn't disrespect or hurt her - it only disrespects or hurts her if you try to approach her from an ego/needy way like you're trying to take something from her.

pretty much ye training wheels for robots is a great way to put it, user. once you have the confidence it's not really worth anything but of course the pua masters can't tell you that or they don't sell merch and seminars

Cont.
The ego/needy arousal isn't actually true arousal. This is extremely important to realize. It's fake arousal, a mental craving masquerading as real sexual desire. Real genuine sexual desire feels good immediately, without needing to fulfill it. Fulfilling it with a woman just adds more pleasure to something that's already pleasant. Ego desire, on the other hand, is like a compulsion or craving. I've already said it, but it's so important to realize that I'll say it again: ego arousal feels constricted and needy and "mental" and tends to make you seek fulfillment in a narrow, mechanical way. Genuine arousal feels good in the moment, expansive, and physical. You feel it in the body. Now, genuine arousal can include all sorts of kinky stuff - I'm not saying that it has to be some vanilla thing. But it's organic and a body arousal, as opposed to a mental need for ego satisfaction.
Guys are often confused about objectification. Why does it seem that women want to be objectified and don't want to be objectified at the same time? The answer is: women want to be the object of genuine arousal, but they don't want to be the object of creepy ego "arousal".

Correct.

so it's still as cringey as ever

>The former is a mental craving sort of thing. The latter is a physical, natural thing.
Oops, I got these two backwards in this sentence.

Learning how to get laid when you're starting from a position of being a r9k style robot is inherently cringy, yes. You can't make it completely non-cringy. However, what the good side of the PUA phenomenon does (as opposed to the cultlike and scam artist side) is to try to get robots over the cringy part so they can stop being robots.

>It's helped lots of guys become happier and psychologically more together
no, it hasn't. you haven't resolved any of your issues by following pua conartists. you may have gained some confidence and even kissed a girl or two but you're still the maladapted loser with chronic depression and self-hatred. you need a psychiatrist not an ex-magician who wears eyeliner

People who go to /r9k/ are naturally born cringy. You can't train that away, it's part of their being.

PUA generally won't fix people with serious mental problems, no. I'm not saying it will. And yes, there are many con artists in the movement. I recommend not spending money and just reading free stuff if you're going to read any of it at all.
PUA *will* help *some* guys who have social issues get over them.
Of course it's not going to fix deep seated depression and self-hatred, at least not for most guys.
I'm not claiming PUA would have turned Eliot Rodger into Gandhi. Rodger had serious mental issues. But PUA can help a more or less sane dude who has serious shyness around women get over it and become more socially competent and sexually fulfilled.

you're test tube gub gub snail man!

>People who go to /r9k/ are naturally born cringy. You can't train that away, it's part of their being
that feel, my issue is more that i'm inherently emotionally detatched from reality, I've been this way since i was a kid. Also I may or may not have missed a handful of opportunities (12, not that i counted while in a hyper depressive slump or anything) to start a relationship in which the girl was invested in me but I couldn't see it until it was too late. The worst part is I think I can spot the signs now but I'm also 99% sure I'm going to miss them again

life is a shithole man

>all those times you were supposed to take the lead but didnt and you fell behind everyone else sexually

Will haunt me to the end of my days.

>people who post regularly on Sup Forums

ftfy

>PUA
All their bullshit is just to try to make up for being a reject in one way or another. If you're tall, reasonably fit/attractive, and not a sperg, you don't even have to try.

>If you're tall, reasonably fit/attractive, and not a sperg, you don't even have to try.

>He actually believes this

PUA is just CBT with funny hats on.

PUA works, my friend does it all the time.

But it wont work to get a specific girl you want. The only reason it works is because you might ask out 20 girls in one night and 1 will say yes.

Just last week.

>be 6'2" /fit/
>power goes out
>go outside to see what's going on
>see girl next door is outside
>she's getting a food delivery
>ask if her power's out too
>expect a quick yes/no
>her power's not out, yet she lingers talking to me for 10 minutes while her food gets cold
>it's blatantly obvious she wants me to make a move
>she's not unattractive but i'm not interested so there's some awkward silences
>eventually tell her i'm gonna head back home
>"well hey if you get bored maybe take another walk over"
If I wanted it I could have easily fucked her that night and all I did was ask if her power was out.

that's nothing
>be me
>5'9" otter mode dicklet
>leave the house in a full fledged sprint
>immediately 9 women give chase to me shouting about how they want my cock
>slide down rails to subway station and leap onto train as doors slam shut behind me
>by now there is a group of 20 girls in pursuit, all pressed up against the glass
>the train leaves the station and they sprint behind it desperately trying to keep up
>i sit down and take a breather before the next station, knowing that when i get to my stop, there are going to be 3 times as many females trying to steal my seed

if you're not getting laid, you're not trying hard enough

>having a gf
>any year
Sometimes I just think I am better off alone.

>would they really do that
>just go on the internet and tell lies?

Moonman

Just because it's an alien concept for you and you lack the skills to bang hot chicks, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. You put pussy on a pedestal, somehow thinking hot chicks are more than just chicks (which to be fair, you know nothing about).

"could have" but you didn't so it doesn't matter. it's all about results, you got nothing to show.

That's how normal male to female interaction looks, just fyi. Too bad no woman has ever been into you so that you've experienced it.

I thought Sam Hyde's costume in the World Party pick-up artist sketch was pure Dada, but I guess he saw that Jamiroquai-hatted cocksucker at the front.

>TFW my friend was friends with the girl this guy was dating and i had to hang out with him
nice enough guy i guess...kinda annoying. she always cheated on him. that being said she was a lot better looking than him

A great summation, user.

Is this asshole wearing fucking binoculars as a chain???
He looks like the lovechild of a 80`s rockstar and a magician

>Old school PUAs sometimes were a bit too optimistic in that they sometimes claimed looks didn't matter at all, any dude could get laid with hot women. Modern PUAs tend to bit more realistic.

Good example of the transitional moment may be in Tyler's The Blueprint Decoded - he spends a lot of it talking about "natural game" but still plays down the importance of looks and has an obvious sperg dressed like a hobbit positioned in the front row of the seminar, as if to show that his system can make anyone score.

david duke

Half of these guys are good-looking enough on the level of bone structure and facial features that the only impediment to their being promiscuous would have been psychological. What. A. Scam.

>he doesn't wear binoculars to scope out hunnies
pleb

You would be surprised how many people still need the training wheels. There are some people who take a long time to "get it"

I was a pretty good looking guy a couple of years ago before I fell into depression and shit and I had this happen everyday, what really matters is actually going through that initial stage and doing what you really want to do, the disintrest is nothing more than a defence mechanism, you and I know this very well, you wouldn't be on Sup Forums looking for approval if you didn't have a massive hole to fill.

kek