A literal masterpiece

A literal masterpiece

>pleb opinions held by the 18-35 useless generation

It's genuinely great and while it does borrow a little stylistically from other filmmakers it is almost completely original which is rare.

agreed. the last original comedy of the millenial generation

I didn't like this movie, ama

It's reddits flick

Who here /id/?

Contrarianism will force everyone in this thread to shit all over it but this is legitimately one of the most interesting films ever released that was consumed and enjoyed largely by the general populace, who normally wouldn't give something like this the time of day. For a film to forego so much convention and formula while also still being embraced by the zeitgeist of pop culture is shocking

Name something funny in it

its a good thing were having a draft & war to thin out your numbers by half

genX are too important to draft. ahahahaha. better learn mandarin son!

we should shoot these kind of people

Napoleon reaction when the "time machine"
didn't work

>>i love the taste of my own pretentious farts

i just bet you do!

kip's chat room
napoleon trailing the toy outside the bus
the bus seeing the cow get shot
uncle rico in every scene
the time travel scene
the general mundane feel that makes it funny even when dialogue isn't spoken and jokes aren't being made.

Even after this picture still people are defending Domnalt Trumnap?

dont worry. the koreans & iranians will do it for us & we can be "proud" of tgeir "sacrifice". keke

movies only mid-westerners understand

>thinking even slightly about anything is pretentious
How has the state of this website been declining for so long yet never found the floor

just us rich assholes getting tax breaks! ahahahaha

>HURR if it doesn't have jokes it can't be funny DURR

my brother used to wear a "vote for pedro" shirt to school all the time. that was a prime example of movie merch kino

t. Baruch Goldstein

But the setting is in the northwest

I have never even SEEN the mid-west, but I understood it. Atheists BTFO!

whatever movies only flyover states understand

admit it. yould crawl up your own asshole and live inside it if you could.

Only a fucking retard would think so.

You're the retard. I didn't even explicitly mention jokes. I said something funny. Le hipster nerd atmosphere isn't funny you refugee.

the plebs decided that pic related was the best teen comedy of the year
instead of Napoleon

I hate Garden State with a passion
it is the polar opposite of Napoleon
If you liked Garden state and hated Napoleon Dynamite
you are the plebbiest of the pleb

There's nothing pretentious about using proper English, user, or articulating yourself clearly. You should try it some time!

>tina you fat fucking spic
>kip calls lafonda his "nappy little slave nigger"
>full frontal uncle rico autoerotic asphyxiation death scene
jesus i dont know how they got away with this shit

>HURR muh jokes
>DURR situational humor is a spook

>pleb mcwageslave

try not to get your envy all over my stuff pleb. its stinks of poors when you do that.

>le hipster nerd atmosphere

See, cityfags will never understand napoleon dynamite.

>Le hipster nerd atmosphere

you couldn't be more off the mark

Lol he said ham!11 xd

I'm literally wetting my pants right now guise!1 Fuck off.

tbqh I unironically think that's what Sup Forums is actually like irl, the global elite shitposting en masse

fuck i wanted one of those shirts so bad

fuck off

what an odd picture

>HURR jokes are the only thing can be funny
>DURR the unreflected tragedy of a small life is not a source of amusement you gais!

>implying i dont have a personal ball washer named Bill

t. 22 year old bitter-at-the-world NEET

i audibly chuckled. also nice dubs

It honestly isn't funny though. The movie's only "humor" is at the expense of actual social outcasts. The first time I saw this movie it actually kind of broke something in me, that everyone was raving about how hilarious it was when it was just about a kid who was bullied and whose life sucked. King of the hill is a good example of humor that doesn't have jokes. I haven't watched Dynamite in a long time but last I remember it was a tasteless film, only humorous to people who have problems sympathizing and empathizing with people who have more problems than themselves

Just a regular blue collar joe

I couldn't stand this movie when it came out and to this day I still don't get why so many people like it.

Sounds to me like you have shit taste, my friend. It's alright, you can still hang around with us.

you got it backwards. its dreaming by poors who pump gas for minimum wage. you can tell by their church / public school logical fallacies..

What? The love of the film comes from people embracing the social outcasts. They literally all win at the end while the popular girl loses. It was a very early form of "nerd/geeks are cool" shit that permeates pop culture today. Are you a younger person and saw the film later, after it was already popular or something? I'm not asking this to insult you or dig at you, I'm asking legitimately--otherwise you would not have missed the large shift in culture about how it became okay to be weird in the last decade.

it's actually a surprisingly heartfelt movie about everyday suburbia life

I watched this movie when it showed on tv one time, had literally never even heard of it AND I was a social outcast, but I laughed my ass of at this flick all the way thru. Which proves that you're an idiot and that I'm a genius.

Maybe some but I just don't see it that much.

>NAILED him harder than jeebus to a cross

kek. thanks for plebing.

Why do you like it?

>lmao the wallpaper guise1!
>lawl just like my grans back home XD
>shits self in a fit of laughter brttt xd lal

It's because people have something called "taste" and "a sense of humor". Plebian autists like you will never understand, just stick to your capeshit and your LE FUNNEY QUIPS XD

Thanks kind stranger!1

what? The whole point of the movie is that it's okay to be an aspie weirdo. if you think we're supposed to be laughing directly at the characters you've missed the point.

>HURR, where r teh jokes?
>DURR teh joke u gais, where are they?
>HERP how i suppos to now when to laff if no jokes?

>the people win at the end
I dunno man, I never feel this way about films and made up situations like this. Having the social outcasts win at the end is just a way of the writers saying "hey, we're not actually jerks haha" imo. I felt the same way watching Parks and Rec with Jerry. Everyone's always like "Oh it's fine because the writers gave him a hot wife and a huge cock so his life is actually great", but that doesn't make anything any better, it's just an excuse to keep using a certain character or type of person as a joke butt. It is, imo, tasteless

what type of comedy do you like?

>thread immediately turned into politics

>made up situations
Like I said, the film was released at a turning point for weird, niche, "uncool", and geeky interests/people. It was a literal harbinger of a change in culture which has unfortunately resulted in this throw-away fandom consume everything capeshit pop culture we're stuck in.

>mfw everything is politics these days
please God deliver us from this evil

>lal Big Bang theory and napoleon dynamite r iZ my fav show ladies braarp xDd poo pee

>DURR but there is no jokes gais!!!
>HURR no. jokes. !!11!

>XD

>no
>jokes
>gais

>were
retard

I don't care what anyone says, napoleon dynamite will always hold a special place in my heart.

Since this is a discussion thread one part that stood out to me in particular was the tetherball scene. I remember spending countless hours after school hitting that ball around waiting for my parents to pick me up.

Jesus Christ you're one stupid bastard then

But you don't understand, there are NO JOKES. How can it be funny with NO JOKES?

KiLl yOurSElf

>nO jOkEs

This movie came out while I was in junior high, and the constant quoting by literally fucking everyone in the school probably ruined it for me. After finally giving in and watching it, I didn't laugh once because I'd already heard every catchphrase and memorable line hundreds of times and they already annoyed me. It also felt like it was desperately trying to by funny without any real substance behind it, so I thought anyone who enjoyed it was just following a trend.

I still assume that. I guess the movie has a kind of humor that sheltered suburban kids can relate to, but there was nothing there for me except stale memes recited endlessly by Mormons and normies.

Inb4 no jOkes guise lal

What's wrong with Mormons?

For some fucking reason I can't stop watching this film.
2 times a year I've been watching it since 2012, I don't find it funny nor do I find it particularly interesting anymore yet I literally can't stop watching it.

Nothing, I was friends with a bunch of them at the time. This movie was especially popular with them because Mormons made it and the humor is very "clean," so parents encouraged it. After I told my friends I didn't find it funny, they all assumed it was because I wasn't a Mormon, since apparently the movie is full of "Mormon humor" whatever that is.

>we ARE having a war
>BUT ur tHe one whose gunna die in it
>and he thinks im the tard...
kekeke.
u gun get drafted!

Do the chickens have large talens?

hmm

HNNNNGKILLSITKILLLSGNNN

>how was school
>worst day of my life what do you think!

Spat out my OJ

Best line?

>Can you bring me some chapstick? I'm really busy right now Napoleon.
Was Kiff /ourguy/? posting on the internet all day gets a hot black girlfriend in the end moves out gets married

You keep spamming that and acting like it shuts down criticism, but you've never said what you think is actually funny about the movie. No one in the this thread has.

As far as I can tell, it's just supposed to be cringe humor, which I've never found funny.

>how can it be funny with no jokes?!?!?!?!?!

Uncle Rico was truly comedy-kino
>his awkward head-on-fist pose

I once talked to a guy who came from the city where the movie takes place, he told me that the intro scene where the cow gets shot actually did happen IRL. The film makers found it so absurd that it led to the inspiration for the movie. That's why that particular scene is in.

On another note, I thought it was a real bad movie the first time I saw it, I did not get it at all. Some time passed and I gave it another shot, which I laughed all the way through. I think I didn't "get it" because the trailers gave me totally different expectations. The trailers made the movie seem like it was like any other comedy of the time, so I was expecting some dude where's my car and the like.

Jeez, it's like you're not even trying to defend this movie you think is so amazing. I mean GOSH!

>runs away flailing arms

Am I a comic genius now?

>but the jokes!
>you don't understand!
>gais!
>no!
>jokes!

This must be what autism looks like.

>the part where kip runs over the plastic bowl and it breaks
>dang it
>drives away
Every. Fucking. Time.

>but how do I know when to laugh?
>no?
>jokes?

So instead of explaining what you find funny, you keep memeing? Not everyone has the same sense of humor, ausitsmo.

>How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

>doesn't even own a gun
>thinks he's going to shoot anyone
Rightists are hilarious.