What would have happened if Vader had shot down luke's x-wing in the trench?

What would have happened if Vader had shot down luke's x-wing in the trench?

Luke would have crashed and died.
That leaves only two ships: one y-wing and one x-wing. Wedge's X-Wing was damaged, and he already retreated. The y-wing wouldn't last a second in the trench alone, in fact Vader would have shot them down immediately afterwards anyway.
Han Solo had the element of surprise, but Vader wouldn't be distracted by Luke anymore so Han would probably just warp out of there.
Then the Death Star destroys the rebel base, which it was moments away from doing before it exploded.
And the rebel alliance is history

what happens next!?

galaxy-wide peace without any rebels causing trouble

>galaxy-wide peace without any rebels causing trouble
Exactly. The Empire was always right, even in their genesis. With "democracy", you end up with dipshits like Jar Jar or Hank Johnson making important policy decisions.

Wow, you're right... Leia was in the rebel base when it was destroyed!

But what would Sidious do about the force? I mean, without obi wan, luke, leia, or yoda (who will die soon anyway), there's no pesky light side fogging up his plans

How do you think it feels watching these movies knowing that a few years later a BIGGER Empire with BIGGER Emperor and a BIGGER Death Star and BIGGER AT-ATs blah blah blah?

Quipu joku

>"I feel a great sadness"
>*in his mind*
>"darth you fool, you killed your son!"
>"Obiwan?"
>"I'm a force ghost you cunt you just killed your son. He was a good friend. "

that sounds like a different, non-canon, timeline so I'm not too worried about it

When did you realize the force is just a code word for plot armor

Sheeve would probably kill off force sensitives, which isn't that many, and their sacrifice will be for galactic peace.

I already got to pretend Return of the Jedi didn't happen because of that shit. Didn't need Disney for that.

Basically I haven't cared about the "canon" since... Han was defrosted. Thereabouts.

>Destruction of Alderaan still happened
>Multiple systems join the rebellion regardless of the result of the battle of Yavin

Sidious continues to steadily grow more arrogant and less careful... at some point several years in the future there is a second rebellion or civil war, and the Empire is destroyed.

Irrelevant because Luke is the only one capable of turning Vader good

>watch OT
>empire bad
>rebels good
>black and white

>watch PT
>jedi are kind of dicks
>sheev makes a lot of sense
>many shades of grey

>watch OT again
>rebels look like the bad guys now
>the empire did nothing wrong

The Empire existed thanks to Jar Jar.

That was Lucas's intention. Well, not on the "did nothing wrong" level, but muddying up the shades of gray was part of it.

The real lesson is about the importance of family and love, whatever politics, or the Force, or your masters may say about it. Had Luke followed Obi Wan and Yoda's instructions to a T, he would have killed his father and fallen under Emperor's control. Refusing to fight, he became a truer Jedi than any of them.

Why does this even matter? Even in RotJ, the second Death Star would have been destroyed even if Vader had not turned. Vader's "redemption" (I put it in quotes because you can't really be redeemed from Vader-level crimes against humanity) is secondary.

They're just next to be destroyed by the Death Star

Tell that to Skippy the jedi droid.

Lucas deserves credit for taking a bland black and white dynamic and adding depth to it. It's easy to see how Anakin turned when I, the viewer, find myself agreeing more with Sheev than the Jedi. But plebs just bitch about Jar Jar, the love story, etc, not realizing the kino George gave us.

>being old enough to have watched the OT before the PT
You don't belong here, gramps.

He would of had him now