Surrounded by fish

>surrounded by fish
>starve

Attached: Ireland.jpg (260x358, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Basque_whaling
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: dark moor.jpg (1500x1500, 800K)

>HURR DURR WHY COULDN'T MILLIONS OF POOR FARMERS IN THE 1840S JUST GO TO LE COAST AND FISH HURR
You're fucking stupid

they literally couldn't think of it

Attached: Scientific_irish.jpg (696x333, 60K)

>roman nose
>anglo

You literally only need a fishing pole. If you had already eaten all the worms at that point, then it's a different matter.

>Be Irish
>Starve
Jolly good

Attached: the brit.gif (554x668, 11K)

Genuinely curious. What are the popular potato cultivars in Ireland?

As a reference, the NE part of South Korea is basically potato-land.

Attached: irish merchant.png (501x684, 80K)

Meh, not their best album.

They just settle for a being a tax haven these days.

You can't literally eat money.

Nigga like how tf do you starve lmao just go to the fishing hahaha

That's the reason they are starving nowadays.

you can't fish when you drunk

we call them the black spot of europe for a reason

Copypasting posts I saw on /his/:

>...the fisheries of Iraland, were undeveloped, and in Galway and Mayo the herring fishermen were too poor to buy salt with which to preserve a catch.

>... A large part of the Irish coast, in the south-west, west and north-west is perilous: there are cliffs, rocks, treacherous currents, sudden squalls and above all the Atlantic swell surging form America across thousands of miles of ocean. By the nineteenth centruy timber was short in Ireland; in the west, practically speaking, there was none, and fishing-boats were small, the largest being 12-15 tons. The national boat of Ireland is the 'curragh', a frail craft, often of considerable length, made of wicker work covered originally with stretched hides and latterly with tarred canvas. The curragh rides easily over the great Atlantic swells, is fast, and with four oarsmen can cover suprising distances. The Curragh was not suitable for the use of nets in deep-sea fishing, and according to an expert writing at the time the fish off the west coast of Ireland lay many miles out at sea in forty fathoms of water. A vessel of at least fifty tons was needed, capable of going out for several days, laden with nets, to face 'the frightful swell of the Atlantic'. If a gale blew from the east the nearest port of refuge was Hailfax, in Nova Scotia. The curraghs and small fishing-boats of the Irish were 'powerless in these circumstances'; and an inspector, reporting from Skibbereen, wrote that the failure of Irish fisheries was due to the want of boats suitable for deep-sea fishing, 'though this coast and the coast of Kerry about with the fines fish in the work' another report commented that the courage and skill of Irish fishermen were remarkable; 'the native fishermen' were 'out in thier frail curraghs whenever an opportunity offers, and in weather when nobody else could think of venturing themselves in such a craft'.

(continued)

British prohibited Irish to fish illegally

(here)
...but the heavy swell off the west and south-west made deep-sea fishing in curraghs impossible. 'The poor cottier had a miserable curragh, fished for his family or neighbours and got paid in potatoes.

>you have to preserve a fish with salt to eat it

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 37K)

Saw this one on /his/ too:

The British had actively suppressed the development of an effective Irish fishing industry since (I wana say) the 1700's, so by the time the potato famine was rolling out it didn't matter that Ireland had over a 100,000 fishermen to provide for the nation as they didn't have the market, accessibility, and so forth to give those fish to the starving Irish.

We're talking laws against Irish fishing boats not being allowed to fish when English fishing boats were out on the water and not being able to dry & cure fish because they can't get salt imports due, again, to English shenanigans. Like, England did EVERYTHING they could to dissuade and prevent Ireland from having a substantial fishing industry.

The Irish really are too stupid to live kek

Just go through some /his/ archive, this has been asked several times already. Nvm these 'lol Irish dumb/lazy' memesters that replied to you.

>source: my arsehole

Not if you'll eat it right away, brainlet. But they had to store fish, they can't eat all the fish on one day.

>/his/

Attached: 1521730436552.jpg (707x483, 74K)

>be the European country that litreally haven't done anything wrong
>get bullied as if like you have done some war crimes
Why bully poor Irish?

Why are euros such heartless bastards?

What did they eat before potatoes were sent from America?

so just camp next to the fucking coast or by a major river and eat fresh fish as you catch them
not rocket science

i feels lucky having an internet buddy for more than 2 years from manchester that has charming attitude and very fucking nice.

Attached: 1519551319922.jpg (427x700, 65K)

>black spot of europe
Look inward.

Attached: Diane-Abbott-714889[1].jpg (590x350, 29K)

>they can't eat all the fish on one day.
why not?
they could just sail out and catch the fish they could manage to eat and then sail back

They starved because of the British government

or they could have hunted whales

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Basque_whaling

also

>As early as the 14th century, Basque whalemen may have made "seasonal trips" to southern Ireland and the English Channel – where they undoubtedly targeted right whales.

they had people to feed dummy

so?
they could save themselves

if a substantial part of the irish population could live off fish why didnt they do it?
that most are starving is better than if all of them starved

The *rish are a slave race.

Attached: 1520875161509.jpg (480x528, 43K)

why are irish such cucks?

god I wish that were me

And yet, more than 10% of the American population got Irish ancestry... Really makes you think.

How many times are we going to have this thread? The logistics of a poverty-stricken population of 8 million to support themselves with small-scale fishing at a time of crisis was completely unfeasible. Of course it doesn't matter bringing up facts in this case since half the thread just came to shitpost and ignore the fact that there was more than enough food in Ireland to support the entire population, like there had been the other times there was a potato blight, but the English wouldn't stop the export of food from the country so what little people had got confiscated by force. Everything else is summed up in

>1/2 english, 1/4 german, 1/4 irish
>= irish american
>self identification in the u.s

Did you not read the part about the state of the Irish boats? You can't catch a fucking whale with something the size of a canoe you retard.

Maybe you should have stopped being a nigger and learned how to make boats?

Don't worry Irishbro we will get your revenge from these Brits

Attached: 1521761195535.jpg (547x643, 34K)

>still not reading
There was fuck all wood to make boats from because the brits cut down most of our trees to make their autistic navy. And if there was it was we weren't allowed own boats that large and even if we were how the fuck would people build these boats fast enough to get enough food to feed 8 million people?

Thanks Arabro.

please walk out in middle of the ocean and fish with you DIY fishing rod and post result.
I mean that is literally all you have to do right? I bet a dumb little sissy retard fin like you wouldn't even know where the nearest fishing equipment shop is, nevermind know how to fish too busy plowing your bumhole with oWo big cocks!! oWo lonely sad faggot driven to gayness fucking woeful
Literally believing retard anglo lies word for word shocking state of you faggot nordics and I'm sick of your gay posting whoring out for cocks on a place full of shut-ins and americans too dumb to wash their dicks they chop the dirty parts off. But you'd like that wouldn't you faggot cunt, dirty smelly dicks riddled with fermented dick cheese slapping you across your fat fucking cheeks and dumping loads into you slanty gook eyes FUCK YOU

14th century botas vs 19th century boats? dunno man, those guys sailed to your island to hunt wales

Are your jimbobs in a jumble?

Attached: 1520804902380.jpg (180x180, 12K)

Just handling banter like a real drunken irish would. Nothing exeptional here.

Based. Fuck F*Nns and *Nglos

maybe you couldve eaten fermented dick cheese

maybe if you'd kept around a few boats from your old viking overlords

In azores they have 16th century whaling ships and they were pretty much elongated nut shells
I once did a trip on one of those and that thing spent most of its time in a 30º angle, with a side just barely over the water.

The real reason fishing was not an option was because there were no sailors to start with

Attached: azores1.jpg (639x533, 160K)

god i wish that were me