Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mF0afU5bF4M
youtube.com/watch?v=hSIijZf2GiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CRpz0zuAGVs
youtube.com/watch?v=GCm4r0F0tts
scamstuff.com/products/ec001
youtube.com/watch?v=TwFIJyWKs1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sometimes they pretend to swap decks and such just to make them guess wrong. It goes against the point of the show. Lots of the contestants try to achieve FOOLED status without actually earning it.

I remember Penn got really upset the one time it happened. And then they started to catch on, and I don't think it happens as much anymore.

Also, skinny Penn is worst Penn

link? i've only seen bits and pieces of the show, but this one scene sounds interesting.

They're probably just still embarrassed about the oreo/napkin move that was hilariously blatant and they still missed it.

>going on Penn and Teller: Fool Us
>Penn says "I think you know that we know how that trick was done."
>too beta to argue with them

>Pull an amazing trick off and manage to fool them completely
>A month later sell the trick online for anyone who wants to know

>be a literal sorcerer
>perform actual magic
>use it to fool penn and teller

TRASHED

>go on Fool Us
>I'm n-now going to make this napkin float around the room
>braAAaAAaaAAaaAAAAaaapPPppPPPpphhfthh
>user, we think we've figured this one out, I'm sorry but you didn't fool us

>and the OTHER deck of cards

The first time I saw was when a magician came out with a large box, bigger than what he took out of it, and did his trick. At the end Penn said that there was stuff in the box he didn't use. Then he showed them the inside of the box where he had written the word, "NO". Penn and Teller gave him a standing ovation, but most people don't do it that cleverly.

youtube.com/watch?v=mF0afU5bF4M

>not fooling these guys

This one's pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=hSIijZf2GiQ

It was a guy who they thought did a deck switch but he didn't. He didn't intentionally mislead them, he just knew that the most common way to do that trick would be a deck switch and was being a cheeky bitch about it.

He could have just brought out a single deck of cards. His oversize box was definitely to try and trick them.

I like the one where a guy comes to do the exact same card trick pen and teller did a few weeks earlier on the today show.

Penn saw the smirk on the guy's face and said "this motherfucker" and pretty much got rekt in the card trick and had no clue how he did it.

Kostya kimlat. Best trick imo

>that episode with the stupid watch toy
>visibly triggered when Penn dismisses his whole trick instantly

Wonder how much practice you have to put in to sort the cards like he does for that trick.

Is there a place to talk about magic on Sup Forums? I learned the muscle pass over the summer and it was satisfying to practice it until I got it working, but it's a pretty underwhelming trick for how much effort goes into it. What are some cool coin tricks I can learn to go along with it? Sleight of hand is preferred to gimmick coins since that lets me just randomly do magic at bars/parties without preparation.

I know magic is bullshit and everything can be explained, but i've always had this tiny lingering doubt in the very back of my mind.
>What if?
What if there 'were' people who could do really simple magic shit, but they keep it secret and mask it as an act?
I know i'd try to keep that shit as quiet as possible.
Even someone who could do something as simple as making a card or something disappear would immediately get a black back over thier head by the government and dragged off to some lab for testing

Jesus Christ what a fucking idiot. This is the video equivalent to I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED.

>be a literal sorcerer
>perform actual magic
>penn and teller STILL figure you out

Link?

Dont remember that one which guy was it?

I have electrokinesis that i cant control and never tell anyone about for the black bag reason.

In the homo pussy virgin board. Chads dont toy with spells

>roleplay

>you don't fool us, user, this is actual sorcery!
I'd kill myself.

underrated

holy fuck was that a joke, i literally saw it live the first take

can you imagine paying top dollar to see them perform and they bring out these fucking 1 trick pony hacks

also they jumped the shark when they got the stupid old bitch from american pie and replaced the better british host

only saving grace in the last season was Penn's cunny magician

Im not into paranormal shit and i wont speak on it further. Was just saying.

qt animated shaky gif of this pls

this made me laugh more than it should have

God the hostess is so fucking try-hard

Who is the best Fool Us contestant and why is it Shawn Farquar?

>Teller whispers into Penn's ear while pointing at your amulet repeatedly
>Penn shakes his head disappointingly while muttering something about The Elder Code of Anubis
>Teller seems to quickly do some hand signs while throwing unexplainable dust over his shoulder
>Finally they both tuen to you and Penn begins
>"Boy wasn't that quite a show! Haven't seen anything like that since Crowley's Golem Summoning Ritual back in the Cubs game of '67!"
>"Unfortunately, as soon as you chanted 'Sevientor Disthine Molenkos' we were immediately aware that you were assisted by Mithril Queen of Hearts familiars, and the whole sacrificial goat head thing is really one of the oldest tricks in the book that students first learn in Dimensional Displacement Theory 1101."
>"It was actually endearing to see that kids of your generation still pray to the elder gods, but unfortunately you're not fooling anyone with that Silmaril staff"

There's only so many ways to do a trick, and when you're a pro, it's pretty easy to figure out how shit is done.

It's all either:
1. Sleight of hand
2. Use of specialized props
3. Use of a known / unknown assistant

That's it.

So when somebody does a trick, all you have to figure out is when they pawned / produced whatever, or which prop is rigged, and since you're a pro, you're familiar with the distraction techniques and timing used to hide your sleight of hand shit, so it's not hard to figure out. So unless somebody does something actually worthwhile and unique, P n' T are more than likely going to figure their shit out.

>Sometimes they pretend to swap decks and such just to make them guess wrong. It goes against the point of the show.

Well yes and no.

Some people are obviously cunty with telegraphing moves that don't matter, since the rules are that P&T only get one guess.

But you can't go too narrow with it either because magic really just comes down to a few things you can do and variations on known themes. Entirely new routines and methods are rare. They've even basically admitted that some winners win on the basis of flawless performance rather than strictly fooling them.

More to the point the show is really just a gimmick. The points don't matter so to speak, it's just the spectre of American Idol talent show with judges, but people come on just to showcase their skills. Like Penn likes to say Piff was one of the most successful acts they ever had on and he wasn't a fooler.

I just wished to Jebus they'd get rid of Alyson, she's really awful as a host. She's gotten better I guess, less nervous. But there's no fucking contest with the bantz of a Jonathan Ross.

>Penn's cunny magician

?

His daughter?

Is anyone gonna post any fucking links or continue talking like retards?

I've been dicking around with a screenplay involving that very premise. Some shitter who knew how to do basic magic and his main way of using it was to fuck with people on the equivalent of /x/ and Sup Forums.

UARRGHghHGhghhGHghhhGHgh

youtube.com/watch?v=CRpz0zuAGVs

>you will never be this good

THAT FUCKING SMUG OREO CUNT

that's my favourite one, just that he does it in penn's hands makes it that step cooler.

then he comes back and fools them again, absolute madman.

>cool
There are backstage judges you reveal the trick to beforehand.

To be fair he does address that. He says he showed it to them, they guessed the same (incorrect) method as Penn and he told them that was how it was done.

Honestly it’s an ingenious method but the whole ‘I secretly fooled them’ thing just reeks of attention seeking. He chose to accept defeat rather than telling them they got it wrong - that’s not meta-conning, that’s just being a beta.

Fucking lmao

Holy shit.
Commenting so I can find this again later

At he got humiliated in front of Simon Pegg. You could tell he really respected him and was nervous when he was performing the trick.

Post more magikino

youtube.com/watch?v=GCm4r0F0tts

scamstuff.com/products/ec001

Best two bucks I ever spent.

youtube.com/watch?v=TwFIJyWKs1k

>you will never be so fucking astounding at cards, while blind, that Teller already concedes by just the rundown before the trick that you'll win anyway

>that neckless

>guy comes on and does lame tricks with a lame monologue over everything
>there's a part where he beings up Teller and the host of the show
>tells them to do as he does
>there's a part where the three of them eat an oreo
>at the last minute the guy picks up another cookie in a napkin and pretends to wipe his face with it
>the trick is that he appears not to have eaten the oreo
>it's time to guess how he did it
>penn literally says, "i don't think you stuffed another cookie back in your mouth, i think you hid it in there the whole time!"
>penn and teller get fooled by one of the most obvious "tricks" of all time

wtf is wrong with these people?

Really interesting concept, but the fact that they didn't destroy careers by explaining their shit had me upset.

I honestly think they were giving a shit magician more credit than he deserved, looking for a trick that wasn't there.

Not sure how possible this is but for every episode they need to put in 1 winning act for every 3 losers. So it's possible that they were getting to the end of the run and needed another winner.

Most of the acts on here don't use original techniques, so P&T can 'spoil' the trick just using method codenames. For tricks which are actually original like Farquhar's book trick or Piff's card morphing trick they have to be more explicit about the proposed method or draw a diagram. Only in a couple of cases have they actually revealed a trick on stage but usually in those cases it's pretty obvious anyway.

But the nail!

easy to see how he put the 7 into another deck.

i'm guessing he had 1st deck he gave to penn to show it's a real deck which we saw
then traded it for a 2nd deck with only 7s, so obviously penn picked a 7.
then he put the signed 7 into the 3rd deck that was ready to get another card in it (in the screenshot). penn believes both jokers are removed, which means this deck also don't have them so there's extra room which makes it easier to put the joker in it.

that's about it i think? anyway it's extremely well done.

>That shitty nigger kid who fooled them just because they guessed wrong some shitty trick which could've been done a hundred different ways

Nah man there couldn't have been a deck switch between Penn shuffling the cards and choosing the 7.

There was a deck switch, though. Penn called it out, and Teller noticed too.

this new deck didn't have a 7 in it but likely all the other cards, so he must have know about the 7.

or, i guess it's possible he managed to take out the 7 in his other deck somehow during the trick, after penn picked the 7, and then replace it with the signed one he got from penn. he's fondling his pockets a bit during this.

post link nigga

Kek

Yes, there's an incredibly obvious deck switch when he takes the pen out where he swaps the shuffled deck for a new sealed deck, but that's not really important as they point out.

The point is that when Penn's shuffling the cards, you can clearly see they aren't just 7s. Between then and him picking the 7, there isn't any kind of deck switch as we can see and Penn can see because he's looking intently at Farquhar's hands.

It makes sense that the 7 was already taken out of the new deck and there's a correctly-placed slit in the box he reseals through which he can put Penn's 7, but a deck full of 7s isn't the way he did it. If it's a force, it's a really really fucking good one.

kekd

When will there be a contestant as good as kostya?

Kid looks like Alyson

is that sergey karjakin at 1:19?

>watching cw teen soap opera trash

>go on penn and teller: UK
>we know how you did it
>yeah i know you do thanks anyway
what is it like to live in a country with no class

That kosta kumyat guy was the best

holy fugg shes a qt

also thats incredible. i cant believe i never saw that when the tf2 spy memes were big

>who is shawn
>who is shin

I did wonder whether he was the original inspiration for those.

If you want to talk about real magic go to 8/pol/

>actually managed to meme Ebolachan into papers

I prefer the acts that don't really care about trying to fool them too much, but are just seasoned magicians with a great act that they want to show.

I also hate that they call them "tricks" on the show.

What would you rather they call them?

ILLUSIONS

Go away, GOB

cringe

>I also hate that they call them "tricks" on the show.
A trick is something a whore does for money

> Penn remands the sorcerer saying "I say to you, do not call up what you cant put down"
> Proceeds to chant in mixed languages
> Yog Sothoth appears before the audience and swallows the sorcerer into an infinte oblivion
> "Up next we have Bob from Liverpool, England performing mind bending spoon tricks"