Leonardo DiCaprio Could Play Joker In Origin Movie

Recently, we learned that a new Joker origin movie is in the works with legendary filmmaker Martin Scorsese involved as a producer. Now, a new report has more exciting and interesting news about the film in the area of potential casting.

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that Oscar winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio is being eyed to play the Joker. No offer has been made to DiCaprio, so this is not a done deal by any stretch; THR also reports that Scorsese's deal is not finalised.

It sounds like a longshot for DiCaprio to come aboard, but it's an exciting prospect to think about regardless. "The chances of landing DiCaprio could be slim to none. But the attempt in itself sends a signal to talent that Warners wants to hire serious filmmakers to make serious films," THR reported.

Scorsese and DiCaprio have worked together on many big-name movies including The Departed, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, and The Wolf of Wall Street. The new Joker movie is to be directed by The Hangover's Todd Phillips.

Jared Leto played the Joker in Suicide Squad and will reprise the role in its sequel, as well as a spinoff movie, but he won't play the role in the new origin film. Sources told THR that Leto made his unhappiness known to his CIA agents about the possibility of there being two Jokers.

The untitled Joker spinoff will be a "gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in the early '80s Gotham City." Interestingly, WB is reportedly setting up the film not as a DC movie but rather like one of Scorsese's '80s-set movies like Raging Bull or Taxi Driver.

Phillips is writing the script alongside 8 Mile's Scott Silver. No release date has been set, and overall it still sounds like very early days.

gamespot.com/articles/leonardo-dicaprio-could-play-joker-in-origin-movie/1100-6453078/

FUCK YES! Leonardo "Best Actor Ever" DiCaprio as the best comic book villain ever. I am so fucking hype.

>origin story with a 40 year old actor

not going to happen sry man

>'80s-set movies like Raging Bull or Taxi Driver

Of which Taxi driver ws made in 1976 and set during that time.

anyone interested in any origins story should kill themself

tell me, who looks like whose dad?

And saying that Dicapri iwll work because of Scorcese is literally a joke. You can't take this seriously.

Nice English loser.

>Leto made his unhappiness known to his CIA agents
>his CIA agents
What

Mr. Leto, I'm CIA.

>joker
so we get more stories of another "actor" claiming to deep dive into character prior to even playing the part.

>nothing concrete
>all hearsay
literally nothing, the thread

>tfw Willem Dafoe as the Joker is never going to happen

>literally using "fake news" on a film thread
Yikes...

Out, is he?

Bane?

This and Donald Trump in the picture for no reason.

OP, is everything ok?

>Sources told
We've been through this, this is fake news

Not everything with an anonymous source is fake news you fucking mouthbreather.

From the sound of it, WB seems to be pulling away from the idea of a "cinematic universe" with this one and making it more of a standalone movie. Which is great news. With that being the case, it makes sense to change the actor.

You know WB couldn't easily make everyone happy. Just go with the Leto's Joker is Jason Todd theory. Have Leo's Joker be the actual Joker and the one who turned Jason Todd.

But it really is.

>LET ME JUST BUILD A BUILDING OF SAND

>Leo is going to play a young joker
Leo is a nice actor but he's not playing a guy in his 20s

based kys poster

>it's a Joker is portrayed by a fat old man in a mivie episode

ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT! AT LEAST LETO HAS THE BODY FOR THE ROLE!

I hate the idea of an origin story for Joker.

But a standalone, crime story set in the 80s, with Leo as Joker is interesting.

As long as they don't go too far into his origins, it could be ok.