100 years into the future

>100 years into the future
>using m4 assault rifles and go-pro cameras

>using m4 assault rifles
realistic as ever since The US are incredibly stubborn and have a raging hard on for that rifle
>go-pro cameras
I dont see the problem

>68 years into the future
>using AK-47s

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

you should know by now that alien is giger and o'bannons movie

>implying this shit doesn't get replaced through caseless ammo rifles like the G11 which are clearly the future
>implying they won't use high velocity railguns
>implying there is a need for gopros when you can send out super advanced mini drones that scan the perimeter

>it aint sneed starts playing

the better example would be the 1911. used for more than 100 years

based slavshit

>100 years into the future
>using Brown Besses and red coats

I dont care. 1000 years in the future and the US would still be using that piece of shit rifle

>The Heckler & Koch G11 is a non-production prototype assault rifle developed during the late 1960s, 1970s and 1980s
Yeah, totally the future dude

why were the people so retarded in that movie?

>lets not observe the weather and make detailed maps of the landscape
>lets not send down drones first who take samples
>lets land there instead and don't use helmets so in case there is deadly alien spores we can breathe them in

Why? This was a colonisation mission manned by people 'The Company' didn't like, at most the weapons would be to put down rowdy colonists, why spend the money on that shit?

Kraut Space Magic doesn't beat shitty modular designs, unfortunately. They'll be shooting aliens with M4's in the year 3000.

Guns made in WW1&2 are still in current use in the field.

>multi gorillion dollar colonisation mission that goes on for multiple years
>send the retards

because the technology right now is not ready yet.
caseless ammo is the future and advanced 3D printing and better materials will lead to their success.

in the year 3000 they will be using nanomachines son. no need for rifles anymore.

>100 years in the future
>being stupid

exploring an alien planet with no containment suits
>brilliant

You'd be on the mission too bro, it was to get these fucks off Earth because nobody likes them either.

caseless is shit, nobody's solved it yet and nobody is likely to (but it would fit on an M4 if it worked).
3d printing is literally worse at everything and always will be.
Better materials will make an m4 lighter and cheaper.

G11 was made in the 70s you idiot how is that anymore the future

The M4 platform is pretty realistic.

>realistic as ever since The US are incredibly stubborn and have a raging hard on for that rifle

The advantages for replacing it are pretty small compared to the cost of replacing it. Firearms technology simply isn't advanced enough to call for replacing the entire platform.

Not only was it made in the distant past it is an AWFUL design. There's like 100 tiny intricate fragile parts in the trigger alone. G11 is one of the worst guns ever made but it does actually work, thus kraut space magic.

>caseless is shit
no it's not you fucking retard. the only reason the usa hasn't adopted the lsat is because they don't want to have to buy all new ammunition. the lsat is superior to the saw in every way

>shitty modular designs
>M4

>100 years in the future
>white males still exist

The 1911 pistol was designed in 1911.
Still popular today.

only among hick retards

you're wrong and a simpelton

and its the concept of the future.

its just a concept and in the future these type of weapons will extremely improve.

Is "Moronposting" about Prometheus and Covenant an epic meme or are people genuinely this stupid? It certainly explains why sci-fi isn't more popular.

muskets,flintlocks,crossbows lances and clubs aint broke its just that theres better shit and if you're gonna write a scifi hundreds of years in the future you can come up with a better personal weapon then a 20th century firearm .

atlest guns firing programmable caseless microrockets EM\ionizing weapons for millitaries\poeple with money and cheap 3d printable guns firing caseless ammo for poor\criminals .

as for gopros they'd have cams on their closed circulation suits if they actually land anywhere with alien life (which means both the oxygen they breath in and co2 they breath out stays in the suit to not contaminate the planet) as contact with microscopic alien life is 99.99999% likely to fucking kill them.

scifi is capeshit tier so obviously brings the retards

aks are horrible wtf u on idiot

what do you mean?
the people in those movies are legit dumbasses

look at but Ridley Scott is too much of a dummy to think about this.
somebody should beat him to death with a stick.

>Take old tech
>It breaks
>Fix it

>Take SUPER AWESOME SCI-FI WEAPON 3000XXX
>It breaks
>Get assfucked because nobody can fix or replace it

>they breath out stays in the suit to not contaminate the planet
Have you never seen Alien?

They use caseless in aliens so it makes sense that they use a caseless m4 prototype or somethhing as a predecessor to the M41A.

>let's just do it, there's oxygen here, live in the moment yo! wow the air is so fre-
>*gets infected by freaky shit*

they're a fucking colonization mission , they dont take any weapon they just print it when they go down and they're at lest gonna print something which fires caseless munition because its simpler,more reliable and lighter then an m4.

yea i know its retarded . its has the
>dude takes off pressure suit in atmosphere because instruments tell him the composition is air-like
trope which would never happen in an actual scifi because chemically air implies life and life implies alien microorganisms which will kill you.

>Not wearing helmets on a strange unknown planet with obvious biomass

But what constitutes 'old tech' for them could still be 50 years more advanced than anything we've made.

Space rednecks

>wait in orbit until storm is over
>send a drone in the wreck and don't land
>fly over the city and call David a faggot via speakers and wooosch back up into space
>movie only takes 30 minutes

Yeah but there's not that much advancement in weapons generally. They've been going the opposite of innovation for the past 80-90 or so years. Streamlining the manufacturing and functionality to make it even less of a gun.

White males with mulatto blood. Full White males went extinct.

Ripley: Lieutenant, what do those muskets fire?
Lieutenant Gorman: 19 millimeter unjacketed buck and ball caseless. Standard heavy anti-personell rounds. Why?

You must be being intentionally dense. Are you saying they should have gone unarmed instead of taking old weapons? The only purpose of the weapons on their mission was crowd controlling the colonists, they didn't even expect to find plant life there, so waiting until they colonised the planet would defeat the purpose.

>something which fires caseless munition because its simpler
Not it isn't

>[Alien] has the dude takes off pressure suit in atmosphere because instruments tell him the composition is air-like trope
No it doesn't

>being retarded and going outside on a alien planet without a suit

>Mission: go to an alien planet and live there
>BUT WHYCOMES THEY TAKE OFF SUIT?!?!

Only brainlets don't understand and enjoy these films.

did you even watch the movie retard?

It's akm you faggets.

Nigga we are using MA Deuces after 100 years

I use a 10 year old laptop at work because my company can still get use out of it. Who is paying for all these new toys?

Weyland is richer than your bydlo company that sells old dildos

Doesn't mean they'll spend capital to defend against theoretical aliens.

I'm more interested why a colony ship was equipped with a military tier gear.

Do you wear helmets when you go outside? Remember, these people were going to set up their colony there because they weren't willing to go back into stasis after the accident.

The problem is that this is supposed to be a prequel to the Alien films.
I would have loved to see a prototype version of the Pulse rifle in this film....

Instead I got this lazy ass old man ridley scott bullshit

Outdated gear.

Prometheus and Covenant are a lot more enjoyable when you think of them as David's story instead of Alien prequels.

Except who is paying for it and who will train colonists to use it against theoretical threats. An old weapon may work just as welll.

Are you retarded?

>hurr durr we kno nuthin about the planet lets land and walk around with no helmets while knwoing jack shit about the biosphere

the only thing that matters here is god tier brunette katherine waterston

They should have cut out the retard crew filler plots and movies would have been way better

That is a huge forehead.

If you plan to colonise a planet you might as well take your helmet off. A planet with life on it WILL have potentially dangerous micro organisms on it even if the colonisation is a complete success. Earth has countless dangerous bacteria, fungi, protazoa etc. One thing they wouldn't find on an alien planet is dangerous viruses.

Walking around an alien planet without a helmet would be as dangers as walking around Africa with no helmet. No HIV infected locals though.

fore you

>If you plan to colonise a planet you might as well take your helmet off.
they didn't plan to colonise it, they wanted to check it out.
confirmed for not having watched the movie.

Brainlet

>nanomachines
How about a little something called "thermodynamics", my dude

They were going to a shitty planet to colonise and then found a way better planet. It doesn't matter if there are micro organisms. It doesn't matter if they take their helmets off. There is no way to sterilise and entire planet. They have to take the helmets off eventually.

Earth has dangerous microorganisms. Micro organisms specifically adapted to fucking with humans. Do you wear a helmet?

>m4 assault rifles

/K/ loves Nagants, a 130 year old gun.

Alien was always supposed to be janky used-future shit.

kek

>you can come up with a better personal weapon then a 20th century firearm
Can you? Chemical explosives offer a very light and compact way of storing energy, and mass moving at a few hundred m/s is a damn eficient way of killing things; strikes a nice balance between destructive potential and weight. What are they gonna do in the future, carry fusion reactors on their backs to power railguns? Because it's actually not physically possible. You could MAAAAYBE use antimatter to power handheld directed energy weapons, but that's not exactly the safest thing to run around with in combat. And if you increase the power of the weapon, before long you'll simply need too much mass to deal with the waste heat anyway.

If you're gonna start naming things like gravity guns or lasers that tap into alternate universes for power, fine, whatever. Just don't assume it's the future, because it's fantasy.

and thats why they're all dead, stupid retards taking their helmets off BEFORE doing the survey

Accurate depiction of the slowing of technological progress as blacks, latins, and arabs become majority groups in the West

>/K/
what?

also the mosin is garbage

>focusing on tech details when the story is already shit, engineers are destroyed when it was the most interesting thing about Prometheus

>Cataloging every micro organism on a planet before you colonise.

Good thing humans have eternal life in the future.

You do know these are prequels right? Have you see any of the other Alien movies? Why would they have super futuristic lazor beam guns then switch back to an m4 style gun (Pulse Rifle)

>100 years in the future
>white people

>100 years in the future
>People at all
Robots will serve the rich and the rich will no longer need the poor or the middle class. We will be exterminated.

Im surprised p-90s werent everywhere

If a large chunk of sciece fiction movies and shows since SG-1 have taught us, its that were gonna have a symbiotic relationship with the p-90 for the rest of time

>200 years into the future
>using a sawed off Ithaca 37

When I found out it uses a 9mm round I was very disappointed. You wouldn't shoot 9mm at ayylmaos. You would use the big stuff to put big holes in them. Impress them a little.

Explain

no it doesn't. its 5.7mm

>go-pro cameras

They walked around with these all movie long and we never got a single over the shoulder sequence.

Absolute ass.

The only way I can make sense of the crews of both Prometheus and Covenant being so retarded is that Ridley is trying to push some theme that the creators seem like retards to their creation (David), hence his actions.
It's pulled off pretty badly if that's the case.

>thousands of years later
>people are still using knives in 2017
LMAO HUMANITY

Film about 2017 in 1920.
WTF they still use the 1911 and they just put in a bigger browning gun!

desu gun design is near perfect dont expect handheld rail guns for a long, long time same for lasers. Caseless might happen.

>I dont see the problem
By that time, they would likely have inch-sized micro-cameras attached to their suits. No need for cumbersome go-pros.
But I guess they made it so the technology would look somewhat retro, like the original Alien, and it kind of works.

>what are androids

>100 years in the future
>fucking instead of cloning people in science labs

This.

Also, 5.7mm is a fucking meme.
Counter terror units hate because while they pierce armor you need a whole mag center mass to disable someone.

>current year
>no universal healthcare

kek

Hick's shotgun was cool because it was so obviously not standard issue and it was so obviously not his primary weapon. If I saw a soldier with an antique six-shooter as a sidearm in a modern battlefield, I would consider him a badass. If I saw a whole squad of soldiers with fucking lever guns as primary weapons, I would consider them, their armorer and their officers to be total fucking morons.

Having M4s in the series that gave us pulse rifles and smart guns is lazy and retarded.

Probably to not look odd having better weapons and tech than the movies that are supposed to succeed it.

If it didn't appear in Alien, I don't expect Scott to acknowledge it exists