strawpoll.me/13870391

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TSyU6djt7M
youtube.com/watch?v=l0vm_Yyygl4&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=kjCC8nqNytQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Now that the dust has settled, where does the Return rank along Lynch's other work?

First for Leaping Lad.

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

I don't understand episode 18.

It won't stop hurting, guys.

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

All of Lynch's door/window shots are kino

Around top 3, if not his best work.

david lunch lol

Sneaky Sheryl :3

lol

Really makes you think

Fuck laura I wanna know what Mike said

I mean he's not wrong, has Tarantino ever made a remotely three dimensional female character

some shots were definitely pieces of art but it was all so uneven.. some takes were somehow messy and amateurish looking, like that camera sweep around buckhorn before the episode cooper came back (i might remember the ep wrong)

Kill Bill

Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=2TSyU6djt7M

The Return is the Prometheus of the Twin Peaks.
Completely unnecessary, explaining stuff nobody was interested in(jumping man, why Laura cried in forest), it ruined all the good memories people had of TP.

THERE THEY ARE, ALBERT

I didn't like that ending.
>dude you have to make up your own theories, so deep.
No it doesn't work that way when you build up a lore during 3 seasons and shit that kind of ending. It failed to deliver.
>In b4 mulholland drive and lost highwar did the same
No, mulholland drive was pretty straightforward and losthighway wasn't about 3 season of detective shit. Also i cared about the characters, while i didn't give a fuck about Laura, Diane or the motivations of Cooper.

Cooper is Orpheus

I want to be sandwiched between 1990 Sheryl and 2017 Sheryl while they team up to do dirty things to me.

Is it fair to compare the finale with Brazil, from when Evil Cooper shows up at the sheriff's station onward?

>standing ovation
>pour David Lynch

fucking frogs.

>I cared about the characters
>but I don't care about the two main characters of the entire series

but user
it explained absolutely nothing.

>This standing ovation benefited from the French Tax Rebate for International Production.

Retards are under a lot of stress, Rodney.

If you were forced to watch 3 episodes of The Return for 18 days straight, which 3 episodes would you choose? :^)

Yeah. Everyone in this thread should see Jean Cocteau's Orphee, it's very clear that Lynch has watched it

FWWM

Episode 17 was the real ending. 18 was the epilogue.

>This is my cousin but doesn't she look almost exactly like Laura Palmer?

Tell me, is there a man oozing with more charm than Mr. C?

Took those words right outta my fuckin mouth.

blew some fuses in my brain, too.

8, 15 and 16
and the last 5 minutes of 18as a bonus

That's actually true and call me a pleb for making the comparison but it has a slightly Steven King's The Dark Tower feel to it.

>KinĂ³ shots

It's not a still shot, but it's as kino as it gets

I cared about Cooper when he was a FBI agent doing FBI agent stuff even if it was borderline sometimes. I don't give a fuck about "muh diane", "muh need to save the world" metaphysic bullshit.
And no, i never cared about Laura the drug addicted whore.
People even starting to think that it was all a dream of her since they can't believe that such a person was an angel send by some gods.

Judy
is
the
house

it was nice to see again a white-eyed doppelganger, always reminded me of the ghouls from The Evil Dead

the only thing he's oozing is fake tan

>he's a coffee and pie comfyfag

You could have said that from the get-go and saved me the time, that's not the story Lynch gives any shits about

Never have felt so weird after watching a tv show. It's been three days and I legitimately still feel fucked in the head.

Even if it was the real ending, it was rushed and underwhelming.

Does anyone else think that it was a bit anticlimactic to just have Lucy shoot Mr.C? Out of all the based characters, Lucy?
Also, what was he even up to anyway? I guess we can conclude that he was some kind of crime lord for the past 25 years, but do we know what did he try to accomplish by going to Twin Peaks 25 years later all of a sudden?

what do you think andy had in that picnic basket?

oh yeah, that was a great one as well.

I have been working pretty solidly so haven't been keeping up with theories that may have developed over the last few days, but something hit me while at work today.

What if Dougie Cooper is Broken Cooper? The shell of a man who has realised he got everything wrong and wasn't good enough to stop whatever evil it was he had to. Maybe he had a total mental, spiritual and physical breakdown after the moment where he says 'What year is this?' and went catatonic? He begins to act like Dougie just before asking that question; unsure and unsteady and almost childlike.

We know that the timelines inter-cross and are convoluted, so it could make sense. I read somewhere that Cooper asking the year means the Ep. 18 ending was in the 'past', so Dougie is the present day shell of post-breakdown Cooper.

Also electroshock therapy used to be a thing used on catatonic/depressed patients so maybe that ties into the plug socket moment: he is told to wake himself up by the one armed man so the cycle repeats yet again.

Just cheese.

I'm not a coffee and pie comfyfag. I enjoyed s3 better than s1 and s2. Its just that the ending sucks for the reason i just told.

Ofc he was broken, anyone would be after spending 25 years in a Lovecraftian hellhole

What was the equivalent scene of this in S3?

Reminded me of a point-and-click flash game you'd find on Newgrounds

>explaining jumping man
>ruining memories of TP
lol try again YOU PLEB

The lodge spirits were trying to get him back into the lodge as far as I can remember. There's a bit in one of the early episodes where he crashes his car and throws up everywhere where it seems like he's worried about the time.

b-but she finally understood how cell phones work!

1, 4, 12

He wanted the faceless woman/Diane.

>Ray was /ourguy/ all along
makes me happy knowing that

what for???

>Laura the drug addicted whore
Ok bro

What was Bob trying to do by getting the coordinates? What was his goal at all during s3?

She allowed Cooper to enter whatever lodge rift existed along the desert road. Presumably Evil Coop wanted her for the same reason.

Giving me more of a mid-90s CD-rom adventure game vibe. Which reminds me how much I want a shitty 90s era Twin Peaks game

avant-garde anti-nostalghic masterpiece

But I mean he was broken by that moment where he realised he had fucked up, not just being stuck in the lodge that long.

And possibly even worse, he was constantly having to re-live that moment on a loop.

Cooper->fucks up->Dougie->electricity->Cooper->fucks up->Dougie->electricity->Cooper->fucks up->Dougie->electricity

The coordinates were to the location in the desert where Cooper and Diane traveled to. It would allow him to travel to Judy's dimension/the past.

its explained here. Bad coop wanted to get to lauras house because Judy is the house and thats what he was after the whole time. For reasons...?

youtube.com/watch?v=l0vm_Yyygl4&t=2s

Did you even watch the episode? Fireman sent him in Twin Peaks

yes. such comfy

is tpg dying?

youtube.com/watch?v=kjCC8nqNytQ

remember "it's two fifty-three, fellas!"
it was also 2:53 in the Sheriffs dep.
now, spell it out one number at a time:

two five three
"too five free"
in Suaheli "TU FAYF FAREE" means "The one that dances with the snake"

notice how the clock creates and "O" shape?
now, Coop stands next to the clock on the right and his left arm extends, forming a "P"

The Suaheli phrase is often used to describe men who want to sexually please other men.
Lynchs message in that scene:

OP dances with snakes:
"OP IS A FUCKING FAGGOT"

Why didn't he go straight to the desert then?
Why does he want to travel to judy's dimension.

The Fireman can't distinguish between Cooper Prime and Mr. C.

He basically explains it in the first episode. He's trying his best to avoid returning to the Black Lodge. He also shows the picture of Judy, and says that's what he wants. So he needs Judy to avoid going into the black lodge.

When he gets the actual coordinates, which would have send him directly to Sarah Palmer's house (possessed by Judy), The Fireman redirects him to the Sheriff's Office where he gets fucked over.

so did cooper need diane to "Cross over?" if not I can't imagine why she would've come with him instead of Gordon

At least we can feel tfw /tpg/

>This guy knocks on your door and tells you you're not you and that you need to go visit your childhood home with him where you were sexually abused as a child

Do you trust him?

You're an idiot if you think that. He brought Evil Coop to the Office so that one punch lad could punch BOB back to hell.

why Diane was the blind girl?

Do I need a jacket?

This man is surely the greatest filmmaker and all well round artist of our time.

I love this man.

>The Fireman redirects him to the Sheriff's Office where he gets fucked over.
He also wanted to kill Naido, according to Andy, but I don't know why?

He could've just walked from the sherrif station to the palmer house or, even better, stolen a car

He could have taken Gordon but the sex would have been even more awkward.

Just marathoned Eraserhead.

What the fuck did I watch?

I'm not sure if Coop would have wanted to have sex with Gordon.

>this guy spits on the ground and proceeds to beat the shit out of you and force you into a car before taking you on a trip to the middle of nowhere where he hands you a GPS and tells you to go stand on a rock

Do you trust him?

Evil Coop is a creation of Judy, and had already exhausted all the rape and murder of Cooper's friends and loved ones. What better than a whole new dimension to corrupt.

It seems like he needed a pure lodge entity to travel there.

Laura confirmed best girl as she didn't take much convincing to put her coat on

try Harvester.

>Kyle will never come to your door and drive you off to Twin Peaks
why live

>erasehead
>marathoned