Why does the Last Jedi have less hype than TFA?

Why does the Last Jedi have less hype than TFA?

t.retard

It has less hype than fucking Rouge One.
Maybe Disney expect it will make a fortune regardless of how little the advertising based exclusively on brand recognition.
Or maybe they have zero confidence in it and they try to cut off their losses.

Could you fuck off with the star wars threads already?

Because TFA was a huge letdown even for normies

>Google TFA reactions years after release
>OMG BAZILLION VIDEOS!
>Google last jedi reaction videos months before the movie is even out
>HAHAHA ITS SHIT

>first SW film in 12 years
>to many the first good SW film in over 30 years
vs
>3rd SW film in 3 years
>with one teaser and no full trailer
Gee I wonder.

Because we hadn't had a new Star Wars film in a decade plus it was a long anticipated sequel to the originals, now everyone knows the series is going to be bland like the prequels but still see it anyways.

they kill hype with releasing a ton of films, rogue one was a bit reason people act like "oh another starwars movie, ok"

You know millions of people are going to watch it anyway.

this is pretty accurate.
TFA wasn't a disappointment to normies. Even my parents went and enjoyed it, but they got sick of the stuff real fast.
Mind you, i enjoyed it too, but the whole agenda and the blatant pandering in the trailers for Rogue One got me sick of Star wars forever.
Maybe i revisit the original trilogy if i have the time, but that's going to be it.

They don't need to market it as hard, it'll still make a fortune off toy sales.

Because you're a viral marketer, pajeet.

Why would Disney bother marketing? Everyone will watch it anyway. Literally money on the toilet.

>sick of Star wars forever
>see a star wars thread
>click on star wars thread

they had a bigger hype budget for TFA

/ourgal/ Kathleen is just playing 9D chess

Because we saw TFA

Normies just jump on "big events" regardless of what it is because they have no opinions of their own. They were told a new Star Wars movie was a big thing, so they tried to hop on the trending train and suddenly became SW fans overnight.

People started shitting on TFA afterwards, then Rogue One happened (some normies still try to do the whole "the force is with me, I am one with the force" shit which was said by a character with zero characterization). People just don't care about Star Wars now.

Malaise. People still havent recovered from the overhype of TFA and RO, and they need more time to forget about them.

Plus...the movies havent been that good. There's a slow drip of bad news coming out every month, and there's no "OMG i saw dailies this is amazing!" coverage like the first one had.

In all honesty, the next one is starting to get a Ghostbuster's vibe...the next Avengers is gonna blow Star Wars off the map.

The funny thing is that TLJ will most likely be a far, far better movie than TFA.

My normie sister sat through the whole of Rogue One, and said at the end "I thought her (Jyn) name was Rey".

People actually thought Rogue One was episode VIII

this

Because even when they force themselves to like TFA, they know something is "off" about Star Wars when Disney is in control of it. Despite all of their flaws, you could always sense the feel of the original trilogy in the prequels because George Lucas was in control of them.

Did you notice that Star Wars fans went apeshit over Rogue One? Not because it was a good movie, but because it was better than TFA. They thought it was an average movie until the Vader scene, which was the only scene that felt like Star Wars.

It's the same with Marvel movies, everything Disney touches just becomes meh because it's so typically done.

Lord of the Rings is a good example of modern production still feeling magic because a lot of love and care went into making it feel that way.

The problem is that we now also have Guardians of the Galaxy, Infinity War, Thor Ragnarok etc. These are all movies set in space with futuristic technology while also featuring supernatural powers.

This would be fine if Star Wars decided to stay unique in storytelling but it didn't. Disney applied the same formula. So now you basically have a couple of weak superheroes pulling powers out of their ass (because jedi training doesn't matter anymore apparently) while pulling quips out of the same orifice as well. It just blends in with the rest except the Marvel universe is actually more interesting at this point. The only unique thing left in Star Wars are the lightsabers.

Think about it. Would Chris Pratt and his raccoon buddy look THAT out of place in the current Star Wars?

>TFA was trash
>Rogue One was slightly better but still bad
>TLJ has almost no marketing at all

Because The Force Awakens was the first star wars movie in 10 years, and the first one with the main cast in 30.

You fucking dumbshit.