Give me back my fucking phone Edition

strawpoll.me/13870391

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>people legitimately criticize The Return for its obvious flaws
>they must be too dumb to understand it because it is very complex, avant-garde and straight out of the art house
>they are mad because it wasn't like the original series
>The Return is unlike everything before except the excessive use of tropes (non-linear storytelling, surrealism, time travel and superpowers are novelties)
>David Lynch is a genius and everyone who likes The Return has a high IQ and is an intellectual
>the original show was shit anyway and didn't change the world of television at all
>even FWWM is better than the first two seasons
>Reddit and Twitter don't love the high IQ only show that is TP:TR
>avant-gardism totally does still exist and the fans of TP:TR are familiar with the history of art house movies and surrealism in film
>the amount of substance in TP:TR totally justifies the creation of hundreds of fan theories

This season was a beautiful piece of art that failed to deliver a fitting continuation to Twin Peaks and ultimately misunderstood what made the original so beloved in the first place

I THINK I'M HIIIIIIGH
I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AAAAAM

>ultimately misunderstood what made the original so beloved in the first place
It understood, just didn't care to repeat itself

Post em, boys.

Is this the new pasta?

kill me

Cross post Lynch does this too and it's infuriating because he has genuine talent as a director.

>even FWWM is better than the first two seasons
why delegitimatize your whole pasta by saying this, literally everyone agrees with it
uh maybe it just wanted to be a beautiful piece of art, it doesn't have to fittingly continue twin peaks or replicate it (it shouldn't have.)

>it doesn't have to fittingly continue twin peaks
It doesn't have to, but it should have

Instead we just got a Lynch project with a Twin Peaks coat of paint

>a Lynch project with a Twin Peaks coat of paint
i'm totally fine with this. i guess i'm more of a lynch fan than a peaks fan.

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays after the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms /tpg/ never get their minds back. (Pic is evil /tpg/)
Listen: youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

>it was all a dream
>the ending is in the real/our world
>Gordon will remember the "unofficial" version
>Lynch is Gordon
>he makes Twin Peaks
woah

>Carrie is Laura Palmer in all but name - same face, same body, tragic life with her own BOB-like figure
>Cooper completely ignores her plight and her wellbeing in order to complete his mission of saving a girl who's been dead for 25 years

>the original show was shit anyway and didn't change the world of television at all

Hahahaha
L Y N C H E D

I'll also have to add - btw I don't actually LIKE this idea, the idea of everything being a dream is an obvious and easy copout - but the more I think about it the more it feels like the actual intended conclusion to the saga.

This scene is the perfect moment to declare it was all just a dream. If Lynch/Frost wanted to say it anywhere they would say it there. The big conflicts / storylines were resolved there. The Doppelgänger is back in the lodge, BOB is no more, Doomfist realized his destiny. Cooper and Diane are back together. Most of the important cast who are still alive and were in both of the shows are present. Bunny girls are bringing snacks and everyone's celebrating.

If you wanted to say "lul it was just a dream" it would be here.

>>the original show was shit anyway and didn't change the world of television at all

Sonic was never good!

Because underestimating your audience is the biggest crime in television and film

Objective ranking

I think The Return was never meant to "deliver" I think David and Mark just wanted to step into a world and explore it again, without having some ultimate point to it.

That's what Lynch loved about the original show, that he could just have a world to step into and explore, not answering questions. People can critique this by saying, well why wasn't all of it set in Twin Peaks if he loves the world so much? Well, it's not just the idea of Twin Peaks, but how it presented its world, it's very much unlike all of his films. The Return is no different, the Las Vegas storyline is just that idea again, establishing a setting, and characters within it and letting that breathe and just be.

To me the ending feels like Coopers search for answers and significance, he hopes he can save Laura by bringing her home and reconciling with her family but he doesn't find any of that, even those names "Chalfont/Tremond" mean nothing where he is.

I didn't read the rest of the quote chain, but to be clear "it was all a dream" in this case isn't the same as in most cases. In Lynch's mind, life is a dream, and so dreams are just as important and substantial as "reality" - which may not even exist.

I don't think you understand how ranking systems work. If you're only ever going to use three of the numbers you may as well just use a star system instead.

good production design coming through

Why are people forgetting all about Jeffries whenever they talk about this scene?

Cooper goes through the same exact thing, even the lights begin to flicker and he yells out "GORDON!" it's the same thing that happened with Jeffries.

Cooper and him even say the same line "We live inside a dream" and clearly what Jeffries experienced wasn't a dream, he disappeared and they all forgot he was ever there until 25 years later when it came back to Cole in that dream.

I figure a similar thing happened in that room, they all forgot about the one punch man defeating Bob, they forgot about Naido and Mr. C, and Cooper himself showing up.

Their lives continue, but Cooper moved on.

DOugei get happY ending

I wasn't under the impression this was just an internal rating of the episodes in relation to each other. I thought I was rating them in relation to everything else out there.

>spend 16 hours building up to a practical joke on the audience which is actively punished for enjoying the show and caring about it
man its so deep...

I can't remember what happened in each episode, sorry. The way the parts are segmented feels arbitrary.

It's one thing to present people with a situation in which they must organise pieces together to form a whole, but it's another to deliberately obfuscate meaning and crowbar in surrealist nonsense

>Cooper will never be home again
>Cooper may not even have a home anymore

No, I disagree with most of that. It continued the story in a way that made sense but was still unexpected and fresh and it avoided wallowing in nostalgia for itself. It have my issues with it, mostly that it seems so intent on avoiding any sentimentality for its own characters that it came across as pointlessly cynical on occasion but at the heart of it there's a good story that's mostly well told, some questionable relevant digressions aside.

It's good for mostly different reasons than the old show, but that doesn't mean it fails as a sequel.

Daily Reminder that's original Cooper.

I still can't get that ending out of my head.
Is this how Americlaps felt after 9/11?
Is this how libtards felt after November 8?
Part 18 will haunt me for the rest of my life.

This is my conclusion.

After BOB is defeated Coop's face gets superimposed and time starts glitching.
This is where Coop, having overcome his doppelganger, becomes a magician/spirit of the lodge.
He instantly teleports himself to the great northern and arbitrarily uses his "room key" to access a random door and enter the lodge.

There he is greeted by MIKE, who repeats the magician chant, officially accepting Coop.

The "reality" is like a dream to a lodge spirit. That's why Coop can jump through space like that and reality "falls apart" for him.

After that he is no longer concerned by mundane tasks and life and instead works directly for the Fireman as an agent of the lodge.

As such he is tasked with preventing Judy from torturing Laura further and corrupting creation overall.
He attempts to retrieve Laura in the past and fails. And then he uses further clues to go into Judy's pocket dimension/reality.
In order to achieve that he needs to perform an "evil act", same as how before you need to perform an evil act to access the black lodge.
He reenacts the rape of Diane by talking her into it and both of them are transported. Diane can't handle it and reverts to the host personality and leaves. He possibly merges with "Richard".
We know Judy reigns there because of a couple of clues. "Laura" has a white horse statue in her house and she works at "Judy's" which also has a white horse ride in front of it. This is Judy's realm. Because of that Dale/Richard doesn't hold any punches and swiftly deals with some random truckers and doesn't care about the corpse at "Laura's" house. He also doesn't small talk with "Laura" and just wants to finish his mission.

The end is open-ended but it implies the fake reality of Judy's making falls apart when Laura snaps out of it.

It's how people felt after the Sopranos ended

Jeffries and him achieved an ascended state of consciousness and became unstuck from reality/the dream.
Do some teachings about Transcendent Meditation say that reality is just a dream or something like that?

not a word

if it was like this then kyle would be kyle and sheryl would be sheryl in the end

I agree with some of the things you are saying, but you sound like a douche

>tfw twin peaks is just a transcendental meditation propaganda

Cooper did not become a magician, he became Phillip Jeffries. He is in the same exact situation as he was in fwwm, jumping through time, people forgetting about him and only being aware of him in dreams (which is why he lives inside a dream; when Cooper and Jeffries say "we live inside a dream" they're referring to fleeting existances such as themselves, not to every single person on earth) Cooper repeats the dream line from Jeffries, he seemingly teleports from one location to another and in the end he is confused about what year it is.
I guess Jeffries transcended humanity at one point but Coop is not quite there yet

It's not deep, it's fun tv, bozo

What does the white horse mean?
(No, don't quote the fucking woodsman, please.)

I am a douche. If my life wasnt messed up at the moment I would never even attempt to convince someone of my opinion. I'm just using the internet to distract myself. Also, I am very sleepy and not a native speaker.

Either death, as it's been a signal of oncoming death and the Horseman of death rides a pale horse, or cocaine/drug abuse, or it's just an incarnation/symbol of Judy

He didn't become Jeffries, he came to be in the exact same position as Jeffries: displaced from time and space

pale horses have symbolized death for centuries

This makes sense

>although
I think what you wanted to say is despite kek

Original Cooper was unambiguous in his farewell to the Jones family.

Denial.

Sarah sees the horse, refusing to accept the reality of the situation, suppresses it and goes on allowing the abuse to continue.

Laura whispers to Cooper in Part 2, he sees the horse and the scene literally starts over with MIKE asking "is it future or is it past?" he then enters the story in denial and comes out into the world as Dougie.

Part 18, back in the chair with MIKE "Is it future or is it past" and then The Arm "Is it about the little girl who lived down the lane?" Cooper remembers what Laura whispered to him, but this time he doesn't see a horse, he leaves the lodge fully conscious of her words, which is why he's much more stern in Part 18.

In the end he fails, because he couldn't save or undo what trauma she lived through and he finds himself back in the chair with Laura whispering into his ear what he'll never be able to accept.

"That's where you'll find Judy" Judy is a symbol for Infinity, Judy is the loop that Cooper is stuck in, the denial that is enabling the cyclical abuse to go on forever.

That's embarassing. Thanks.

>Now I am become Jeffries, boiler of water.

Explain giving Part 12 equal scoring as 3.

He said he is Sonny Jim's father and he would return.

Seeing how it's pretty much just hinduist mysticism regurgitated for white yuppies, chances are there's something in there but Lynch has been depicting dreams as reality and reality as dreams in his movies before he got into meditation.

You should really confront and work on your problems instead but I guess you know that already. I wish you the best of luck.

But he isn't, Dougie is.

>Implying "the horse is the white of the eyes" is a proper answer.

But reality very much is a dream to the lodge spirits since it is malleable to them and they can alter it significantly.
They can alter past events, make people and places appear and disappear, they view it from outside and so on.

Bear in mind that the "dream" does not refer to a literal dream, but rather how they view our reality, which to us looks realistic and tangible.
To them it's just something they can manipulate with their mind or invocations.

It was generally assumed that "the white of the eyes" referred to the sclera, but what if it was actually referring to the pale clouding effect that we see on dopplegangers?

Dougie is Coop's double user.
They share the same DNA and shit.

>There's probably many /tpg/ anons who have killed themselves already
Press F to pay respects.

>Is it the story of a girl who lived down the lane? Is it?
Cooper is trying to hold onto the old story of Twin Peaks, while it's time to start a new story, of Richard and Linda.

/tpg/ fags are cancer

>be jeffries
>share the info you gathered about maybe the most important thing with incompetent, senile guy

>killing yourself before reading Frost's book
they were never real fans

How does that relate to Audrey though?

So sending Dougie is keeping to his promise.

Do you guys think Season 3 would have been better or worse without Mark Frost?

Say he wrote it with Robert Engels again like he did Fire Walk With Me. Would the season have been more psychological if it was? Feels like Lynch tries to return to that in Part 18.

yet here you are.

I hate fags like you.

Let's meet, I'll fucking beat the shit out of you!

The last word

it would have been the same, except the few scenes with the old cast would have been replaced by sweeping and window cleaning

The return was turning twin peaks into a David lynch film
There's always the comfy stuff at the start and then the weird end third that makes you rethink it all

Pretty much, except 17 should be 8 or 9, it's retrospectively saved by superimposed Coop's face.

Frost is a treasure, and a vital part of Twin Peaks.

Do you think they fucked? I think they fucked.

>there are Anons who offed themselves before it was announced that there'll be a 3rd season and never got to see it

No it isn't, the first half is still garbage, even if it is on poropouse
It actively punishes you for caring about the first 16 hours of the show, obviously if someone really enjoyed those he would rank 17 lower, people who hated all the dougie shit and subplots probably have a higher regard of it

There is no such thing as homosexuals.
It's all media created to destroy the nuclear family.

Nah, he went himself because fuck all that Judy shit, Janey E is a qt, Doppelganger 3 can deal with that nonsense.

I don't get the hate for Part 17. People are taking the fight against BOB at face value, when Cooper's superimposed face and everything after he wakes up fuck with all that.

Audrey scenes were funny

As opposed to the shitfest that is the rest of Sup Forums? lmao

He's pretty much right, other than it being a disappointment. Lynch went out of his way to shit on everyone in the process of jerking out one last hurrah.

Wake up to yourself, clown.

Did Laura's scream signify that she became aware of the dream/reality and that BTFO Judy or did Laura's scream signify that Cooper failed and Laura will forever be the girl that was raped and killed by her father, as the final picture is of Laura whispering into Cooper's ear (probably whispering what she had whispered before, that her father was killed)?

Sad ending :(

I was thinking more about the fact that the Arm said it. Audrey, I think, also realized that the dream of Twin Peaks was being altered and in the end of her story ended up crossing into the new dream together with electricity.

It being stupid on porpouse doesen't make it smart, I don't understand that argument. Seeing Bob being erased as a joke after 50 hours right before being told that nothing in the show ever mattered, as much as I understand how it can be fascinating and subversive, did not need 18 hours of runtime

House of Judy, place where Booper wanted.

I loved all the subplots and I think 17 was pretty great.

It was one scene.

Was it funnier than Mr. Jackpots? Was it better than the fucking purple world sequence? Than Dougie getting replaced?

Stop being contrarian.

I don't know. I have to admit, I only have a very vague idea as to what Frost actually contributed to Twin Peaks as a whole.

That's clearly a tulpa. No need to complicate the story more than it already is.