Narcos thread

Narcos thread.

The Agent Pena / Pacho love scene was a bit much but a liberating and progressive voice of freedom

What episode? Think I missed this part first time around but probably because I can't be bothered to read all the subtitles.

this show is fucking brilliant

>reads a few reviews online which all slate the voiceover

?? how else would you deal with something this complex

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Was it autism?

>Pacho going full operator

This last season was the best thing I've seen since the first season of True Detective

Fucking 10/10

>that look she gives you when she wants to farc
______NACHOS______

It was really good.

I especially liked the comparisons they drew between Pablo Escobar and the heads of the Cali Cartel. The former is a man of the people, but the latter try to mingle in high society. The former will shoot you dead in the street, while with the other guys you'll just disappear and never be heard of again. It made this season more unique and all the bosses had their own style.

where can I find mamasitas like these?

SOY

Was Salcedo anyone else's favourite character?

Yes.

I really liked him.

I'm only up to ep 4. Does she get JAVI'D?

No.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, from a certain point of view, everyone gets JAVI'D by the end of the season.

What the FUCK was his problem Sup Forums? Was it autism?

he was my favorite character

should be cast in more shows tbqh

David? He's a spoiled brat trying to play a big shot but he has no idea how to actually do anything right. He faces everything with force.

David? His problem is that his father preferred Jorge rather than him, and that made him mad.

david was our guy, rip

pallomari was /ourguy/

david was a thug with too much power

IRL Sup Forums would be Pallomari.

both wrong, it was navegante

Ironic since Pallomari came off as a fucking jew

Are you dissing E L J E F E?

Are you mistaking Sup Forums for Sup Forums?

Pablo Escobar>>>>>>>>>>>>Cali Cartel

Chief Accountant >>>>Jorge>>>>>Pablo Escobar>>>>>>>>>>>>Cali Cartel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>David

I think one of the best things about Narcos is making excellent 'background' characters, I can't really think of any besides the constant literally who politicians popping up everywhere that disappointed. What was with that guy from Boardwalk Empire being in like three scenes before disappearing forever though? It would have made far more sense if they cast him as the main DEA duo with someone else, really bizarre choice by Netflix

I think we can all agree on:

Escobar>>Chepe>>>>Pacho>Gilberto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Miguel

I'd put Gilberto and Pacho as equals. Gilberto was a chad and knew what's up, literally the brains of the whole thing.

>Start the show
>figure Jorge was a made up character to show the inner workings of the Cartel and to have a good guy to root for
>after the show find out he was real

Holy fucking shit..

competent writing and direction

Is everything about him real, though? I imagine they invented a lot of stuff for the sake of storytelling.

Jorge's wife is a qt and devoted catholic IRL..

Makes me want to impregnate her.

Shea Whigham? I think he's just acting wherever he can at the moment, he was in Fargo too but his entire plotline was complete shit. He needs another big role so we can bring back the BB-tier performances

I'm having trouble getting into this season for some reason, I miss Pablo Escobar but I'm only two episodes in. Assuming it gets better

From what I read alot of the events were actually pretty accurate, but they did embellish a little bit.

Yeah. Tbh I kinda felt the same way after the first episode or two. But after that I got into it. I would say it's as good as the first two

Colombia obviously

I still can't believe Pacho is real.

>he's flamboyantly gay but the macho drug lords accept him for who he is

If this was fiction we'd all be calling bullshit.

I accidentally watched El Chapo a few weeks ago and unironically thought it was the third season of Narcos, it's pretty good and really similar. If you've got some time to kill give it a shot, if nothing else the opening creds are top-tier

I wonder how Narcos will handle Mexico though? I assume they'll do something with Chapo too

This. He was an informant. The only parts that are embellished for sure are him seeing Enrique's torture, and him being suffocated. And even those are only strong possibilities. He claims he didn't kill Navegante, but no thing I've read is conclusive.

So was the last scene of the final episode supposed to convey that Peña is not done with The War on Drugs™ and that he will return in S4? Or was it just a metaphor for the uselessness of trying to control drugs

>tfw I have learned a little bit of Spanish from this show
>It's mostly bad words

I really appreciate this show teaching me how to say "faggot" and "son of a bitch"

FUCK
YOUR
MOTHER

> I wonder how Narcos will handle Mexico though?

I’m thinking the next season set in Mexico will be the last for Narcos, with Netflix wanting to end the series in chronological order and on a high note.

If I were Netflix, I’d do 16 episodes and go balls-to-the-wall with violence and T&A.

MALPARIDO

>no Javi
>no fine Colombian whores
>Mexican chimps

Narcos worked so well because Colombia is an actual exciting setting that hasn't been explored much in television. Season 4 is going to be shit.

That's what they said about Season 3 not having Pablo Escobar. Considering the good job they've done this season, I have a bit of faith for the next one.

>What episode? Think I missed this part first time around but probably because I can't be bothered to read all the subtitles.
It was between the 8th and 11th reference Poncho made about his father calling him a faggot growing up

Am I the only one here who actually kind of liked Pablo?

see
I think the whole Mexico cartel thing has mostly been explored from the US side of things (not counting Breaking Bad and that was really only family related stuff), there's a lot of potential.

is it just me or did Miguel have a weird accent?

I always had high hopes for S3 because I personally always found Cali more interesting than Medellin

Did anyone else notice in this season that on several occasions the subtitles translated "hijo de puta" into "fuck" why?

He was more of a scumbag IRL. Shit like buying bombs from the Columbian airforce and trying to drop them out of a civilian aircraft on Escobars prison, etc.

I mean I noticed, but it didn't really matter. They were just cursing in general.

>Shit like buying bombs from the Columbian airforce and trying to drop them out of a civilian aircraft on Escobars prison, etc.
That's pretty fucking hardcore. Was he a revenge-fueled maniac?

That was the other thing that surprised me as well actually. At first I thought maybe Pacho being gay was just the show making an attempt to be more progressive (which I found odd since he was technically a bad guy). Then I found out he actually was gay.

EL

>after the show find out he was real

Plot twit, he is actually your 50 year old gardener and their daughters are going to be deported after DACA.

I fucked up, they were bought from El Salvador. But no, it was just a Cali plot to assassinate Escobar. They fucked up pretty hard too, the wrong plane arrived and they couldn't even load the bombs.

FUEGO

c-can they just bring back Navegante next season and pretend that last episode never happened pretty pls. just make him some mexican sicario or something.

>Navegante's long lost twin, el Mexicante

>Sup Forums is the cuckold Jew

I guess it all adds up

Someone post tata's tatas

My gf has a cousin who looks just like Tata. I enjoyed getting to see her tits.

>mfw I know who the traitor is since the beginning but no one believes me until the last second when everything goes to shit

I was trying to figure out where I saw the Pallomari guy before and he's Guitierrez from The Young Pope, small world

Why is Colombia and South America so gay?

Did David literally have the most punchable face on television?

Because in general everyone in South America is so attractive

>when he got gunned down in a driveby like the punk bitch he is

Yeah, he is honestly a really good actor. His facial expressions were top notch.

those guys ain't.

Most spanish to english translations or vice versa are completely wrong and just try to get the gist of the idea of what is being said.

It actually really triggers me.

Yeah, what's her name? I want more pics of FARCutie

him, pacho and chepe we're the goats for me.

If you make a lot of money then drug lords don't really give a fuck about sexuality. What it really comes down to in the end is the cashflow. Be a good earner and you can do whatever the hell you want. It also helps that Pacho is completely ruthless and amoral, just like them.

Why do people like Chepe? I'm not saying he is a bad or bland character, I just don't see the big appeal.

Lol, what if they do a Narcos/El Chapo crossover episode or even make it so that the series are set in the same universe?

Well does spanish have a literal equivalent of "fuck"? Mierda?

He was kind of like Pablo Escobar lite. And I think most people liked Pablo so that's probably why they liked him

"Joder". But that's from Spain spanish, I don't know if South American spanish has one.

Mierda = shit

I think Mierda. I know Mexico Spanish has piňche.

nah, many actually empathized with him

Escobar not being in seemed to cause a lot of people doubt that the season would be good, and also surprised people that Jorge etc carried it in spite of no Escobar. He was Narcos for a lot of people.

But am I the only one who instead of feeling this season was less interested because of no Escobar, felt this way because there was no Gaviria or interesting politicians or police?

I couldn't put my finger on it at first but once I finished my S3 binge I started S1 again and realized that I actually wound up being more into the government and police characters. I even realized I kind of missed Murphy now.

Probably because the whole government and police (except a few) were completely corrupted.

Idk. Personally I was always more into the Narcos side of things. The first few episodes were slow for me I guess because I was transitioning from watching Pablo to the Cali kings.

to me it just felt like he was this relaxed and comfy guy, not actually giving a fuck that's why he was so appealing to me.

I mean I know that's why they were compelling. I'm just wondering if they were more of the pull of the show for anyone else as opposed to the pull being Escobar, which seems all I hear.

And I forgot how fucking hopeless S1 and S2 felt. Shits making me depressed each episode again.

That's just what weirds me out. I thought I was more into the Narco angle too until this literally just hit me when I restarted S1. I do agree S3 started out slower, though. The Cali guys weren't as batshit as Pablo so the season was a lot mellower which I wasn't expecting at first not knowing shit about the Cali cartel.

I kind of like that Pena lost the "womanizer" aspect of his character after he almost got one of his informants/girlfriends killed in season 1. Subtle development.

First time we see him we know he has top banter. Then he has the whole New York thing going on too.

Glad he didn't die like that IRL. It's like the show decided they were actually the bad guys in the final episode when Peña was the villain imo.