Why can only based Jim pull off the strong woman character?

Why can only based Jim pull off the strong woman character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDQtrSKGOUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

James Cameron is truly the best Director of our time.

Because they're reacting out of maternal instinct and they're not glamorized. I believe there's a rule in screenwriting that says something like "before you write a story, you should make sure your characters have strong and relatable motivations". All the other strunk female characters doing CGI backflips in slow-mo shooting akimbo and beating up guys twice their size are usually just pretty girls with very poor character motivation, typically bullshit like "I've been experimented on and now I've got superpowers and must get revenge". The Scarjo syndrome. Who gives a shit?

I feel like Hollywood's idea of strong women right now is pretty much just cartoonish strong male characters from 80's action shit but they're women. I might be wrong but that's how it feels to me.

James Who?

We all know Gal Gadot was the first female heroin and finally broke the cinema glass cieling. Yaaaaas.

that only made money because she wears a short skirt.

James Cameron is truly based. absolutely best director of all time.

Because he wrote them as actual characters beyond being badass women.

Naw. It made money because Wonder Woman is a superhero, feminist, and American icon. It did not matter how poor the film was. A WW film was long overdue.

MY JAKE!

>praising a misogynist for writing strong women characters

lol

>only based Jim
that's not how you spell Gale Ann Hurd you fucking plebeian

James Cameron is a hack and has never made a real movie before. He has perfected the art of translating theme park rides to film and every main character of his goes into extensive detail to explain to the audience (theme park attendees) what, specifically, the danger is, and how to get out of it.
Characters like Ellen Ripley, Kyle Reese, Arnold from T2, Jack from Titanic, and the guy from Avatar are no more complex than an anamatronic Buzz Lightyear that must explain to the riders that they have to use their pistols to shoot aliens and rack up points. On the Aliens ride, the audience gets to go in the futuristic, 12 seater tank! At the head of it, an actress with dark hair and a square jaw explains to us her history with the xenomorph, and that we'll all have to stick together if we want to survive. Smoke machines activate from above and below and lights flash as we enter the alien world's turbulent atmosphere!
Seriously, next time you decide to sit through one of James Cameron's immersive napping experiences, just realize he's crafted this ride to be instantly relatable, filled with nothing but set pieces, chases, and close calls, and then fall asleep (as you typically do with one of his movies.)

t. roastie

MOMMY

lol didn't read

>guy makes the same movie every time
>"He's the best!"

>implying Aliens Ripley is a better character than Alien Ripley
In Alien she's the smartest in a group of smart characters
In Aliens she's the smartest in a group of dumbasses

he peaked with his first movie

This was literally one of two sane, valid arguments Gavin McInnes had ever provided to the world

A strong female isn't just a dude without a cock

>Hollywood's idea of strong women right now is pretty much just cartoonish strong male characters from 80's action shit but they're women
they wish they could emulate this shit

>Characters like Arnold from T2

>Cobra

that looks like the most fascist movie ever

how much did he get sued and lost for that?

he just had to give Harlan's book credit at the end of every rerelased version of T1 but he's still pissed about it I think he doesn't feel like he ripped him off that much

*TV episode not book I'm dumb

*shoots you*

Ridley also does great with female characters.

would not go to a theme park with you/10

Wonder woman did it better because Gadot is hot and she kicks so much but with girl power!!

>taking Cobra that seriously

SNIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF

super hero flicks are the biggest bait ever, any person will go check it out just because its fantastical and muh superpowers

Dem Clock Springs springing out her panties. What did she mean by this?

Even while sleeping she looks strong as fuck, how did based Jim do it?

Because feminist writers always go for the tough, strong feminist fantasy. Girl power, jumping around, karate kicking bad guys in the face. The characters start as perfect Mary Sues and have nowhere to grow. There is no character arc. Bad writers always skip the origin story.

Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor both started out as normal women, were traumatized, then grew stronger. They had real stories to tell. Bravo, James Cameron.

it's the unshaven mound you can detect on the side of her panties. tells you she's too busy with important shit to bother with superficial femininity

Or shop for the correct size of panties

Not posting the kino version:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDQtrSKGOUU

Is that Josuke?

She means strong women must have a strong smell

T800, but the movie never explicitly calls him that I think. Besides, everyone knows what you mean when you say Arnold.

>Thinking men care about women's opinions

lol indeed

No.