youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk&t=141s
youtu.be/Nyns3F1CgSQ
polljunkie.com/poll/zwjcdq/twin-peaks-the-return-episode-ratings
youtu.be/R4nAvDXpvHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post the best song of the s3
youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0

iRkEd To No EnD

Literally the only bad song and it's in your guys' beloved Part 8. So everyone saying how bad the music was can fuck off

The Fire Walk With Me soundtrack is so good that even the songs that didn't make it onto the official soundtrack are GOAT.

Listen to this, please. The unnease it conjures up is mindblowing. I wish his output for The Return had been this good. It's great don't get me wrong, but Fire Walk With Me is his best work to date. The way he emulates the electrical humming noise that The Arm does with the strings playing in reverse is brilliant.

youtu.be/W5gIkozWIrk

Why is there not a thread for Ray Donovan? It's superior show objectively since it has more viewers and also on Showtime.

youtube.com/watch?v=4TBj1DveSng

Haha nineinchnailed

cutiepie!

Reminder to anyone that doesn't get the ending:

Leland - BOB
Sarah - Jumping Man
Palmer House - Judy

The strange sounds coming from the Palmer House, the ceiling fan, lesser evil spirits moving around at will, this is all because the house is haunted by Judy. The electricity going out at the end is Judy getting BTFO. All signs point to the Palmer House, not Sarah.

my favourite anyway
youtube.com/watch?v=WiwsQSXivmI

WHOOO BUILD THIIIS HEART

youtube.com/watch?v=Pu371CDZ0ws

Reddit episode scores.

>Part 5: 7.5
>Part 6: 7.5
>Part 7: 8.7
>Part 8: 8.0
>Part 9: 8.0
>Part 10: 7.2
>Part 11: 8.9
>Part 12: 5.8
>Part 13: 8.1
>Part 14: 9.2
>Part 15: 8.8
>Part 16: 9.8
>Part 17: 9.1
>Part 18: 7.3

How did they get their pupils dilated in that movie?

yes. heartwrenching

>The show directly shows Jumping Man's face blending with Sarah's
>Somehow there's still a debate about this
I personally thing that Judy is hiding in the Palmer's house rather than haunting the building itself but it's pretty much the same thing, anyone who didn't get this is retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk&t=141s

>reddit

By doing drugs

Finally a community that can think for itselves.

SEASON FOUR CONFIRMED

Best girl.

Is there a playlist with the roadhouse songs from this season?

Yeah search "twin peaks" on Spotify and you'll find it

There's even an album

>7.3
Wow, they got lynched pretty hard.

I don't get it. I've watched everything and read the wiki. Still don't get it sorry. What was that people place and the woodsmen and why did their names change at the end. What was the black lodge? What the fuck was anything?

At first I was mad

Then I was sad

Finally, I accept it

I thought I was immune to getting Lynched, or maybe I just thought he would spare us from a final Lynching, now I know I was wrong

Thank you based Lynch

Help convince me that Judy is the palmer house or that she's in it. I don't think she's in Sarah, Jumping Man and Judy are different beings. But why would Judy have to "hide" in the palmer house or whatever? She rips through those two kids in the beginning like they're nothing, if she was an actual entity/being with thoughts and goals the way humans have them she would've shredded dougie's face

she must be something more abstract, just this negative force
in which case all the talk of her "stealing laura away" just feels weird

PLEASE TALK ABOUT JUDY

>what was the black lodge

How have you watched the entire series and read the wiki and you still don't understand the basics?

Carrie Page was played by the same woman who played Maddy in Season 1

*purple place

What happened to jeffries?
What was the ring?
Why gave that guy the glove?
What the hell happened to audrey?

Too many questions and no answers

This show was worse than lost

Pretty much the same for me.

look i'm no NIN fan but it was a lot better (and fit the show a lot better) than fucking wild west by 'lissie' which was the actual worst song

NO SHIT

She's not a force, Cole clearly defines her as an entity

Judy being in the Palmer house is all conjecture, just like any theory. There's no way to prove or disprove it. For all we know, the alternate reality/dream Cooper is in during the finale could be Judy's pocket realm and she's everywhere at once.

Who knows

D....Delete this

She is more abstract. She was only so powerful to rip the kid's faces apart because the black box was right there. Think about the television looping while Sarah watches it. The house is haunted, user.

If you don't agree, that's fine. This is just my interpretation.

SELF-REFERENTIAL MASTERPIECE
>"Audrey's Dance"
>Bellucci and Albert/Gordon in general sometimes
>"it's a bad story" / "what happens in season 2?"
>"Palmer's house" owned by the actual owner

What? No, Carrie Page was one thicc lil mama unlike Maddy Ferguson.

Don't forget Cooper recognized Laura's Theme in episode 11

>inb4 that was a different song!!1!

I know, but the intro is clearly lifted from Laura's Theme, and this is the part that makes Cooper look up

youtu.be/Nyns3F1CgSQ

>purple place
Presumably white lodge, or another lodge realm
>Jeffries
became a lodge spirit
>Ring
Sends the wearer's soul to Black Lodge
>Glove
It was his destiny I guess
>Audrey
Probably in a mental institution

Can we all agree that Lynch made part 17 to appease the normies and part 18 to show them that he fucking hates them?

Let's get our own episode rankings going

I'm thinking back and that time Sarah went to the store, the kid says i can take her stuff to her house, I know where she lives.

Then later Hawk comes up to the door and theres like some muffles coming form inside, so did she kidnap that kid or what?

Obviously this.
youtu.be/R4nAvDXpvHk

Brainlet here, explain to me the purpose of Shelly dating Red and Shellys daughter and her boyfriend

People expected twin peaks s1 to have a satisfying conclusion.

It ended on a cliffhanger.

People expected twin peaks s2 to have a satisfying conclusion.

It ended on a cliffhanger.

People expected twin peaks FWWM to have a satisfying conclusion.

It ended on the same cliffhanger as s2.

Tell me why exactly people thought s3 would be any different?

No, you're right, user.

I'm inclined to believe that we're meant to think of her as a metaphor for this negative force. BOB was a metaphor for the abuse, and Judy is a metaphor for this negative force that exists in the world, hand in hand with BOB.

There's even some pottery in that, Bob is looking for Judy, Bob is looking for pain and sorrow, he is a walking negative source. He has no purpose beyond the garmonbozia, no actual agenda beyond getting stuck in the lodge again.

Looking for judy = looking for garmonbozia

He doesn't understand his own existence, he is just a force that keeps going.

They were both shit

>an hour of driving
>what year is this?
>the end

Fuck lynch

nigga I ain't gonna remember what exactly happened in what episode.

Because we thought Lych might be able to hold off on being a hack for once?

She is in Sarah Palmer. You see her face when Sarah opens hers. Jumping Man is not Judy, but a representative or conduit for her. When Coop heads up the stairs to go back in time, It's the jumping man who suddenly appears and rushes off. Scurrying to go warn Judy. We see "Sarah" freaking out after this, smashing Lauras photo in rage, then Laura gets stolen away by Judy (her noises happen).

It's all right there.

Because people are more stupid than a donkey

What the hell do you have against Wild Wild West?

haven't seen anything since like, e8?

how was the ending?

>Windswept starts playing

Easily.

I want 100 hours of my life back desu

I didnt see jumping man in episode 17

I want my entire life back

Rubbish. It goes nowhere

>why did their names change at the end

They changed reality, more likely our reality. By doing so they changed identities.

why does everyone thing laura disappearing in the woods was something judy or sarah did? the giant (and maybe coop) always knew that was gonna happen because "richard and linda" warning.

Also what is the signifigance of sarah stabbing the picture? I don't think that's what did it because A. sarah is jumping man not judy and B. the picture wasn't damaged

They both (still) make terrible decisions regarding men. That's it, just showing where the old characters ended up 25 years later. But everyone still screams muh unresolved plotline!

explain the new york box to me /tpg/.
evil cooper unknowingly had coordinates telling him that the mother was in the palmer house the whole time (before being tricked by briggs and sent to the station). if he knew she was somewhere on this earth why did he have a box to summon her? why didn't he ever return to the box?

Then pay better attention faggot

Because people assumed that if he came back to the show after all these years he might do so with the intention to conclude it.

i want nonexist

The point is to show you that there will always be a drug trade in twin peaks and that shelly will always be a slut who picks the wrong guy. also red is a RED herring LOL

>tfw I thought the return's ending WAS satisfying

>What was the ring?

Prevents bad Coop from healing from his wounds.

You can't conclude something that's infinite

This is some pilotredsun shit

great but not what we expected
watch it or fuck off

Makeup artists were GOAT this season

Kind of. I don't think there is any hostility to the audience. Lynch used his full power level for Part 18, but I think he just wanted to end with something very powerful and unique.

>Also what is the signifigance of sarah stabbing the picture?
stabbing picture = killing memory of Laura

Because he said itd actually resolve the series

What was your favorite credits sequence of the season? For me it's hands down Ed at the gas station.

And it did

>watching Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me to see what the hubbub is all about
>scene where the girl is having sex with her father
>"I Want To Fuck You Like An Animal, I Want To Feel You From The Inside" by The Nine Inch Nails starts playing

I thought people said Lynch isn't a hack?

wow rude

>He can't appreciate the masterful mood of Part 18

Episode defies logic, quite literally it is unconcerned with narrative threads, it places Cooper in another story, and the entire episode is carried by its mood. By far the most emotionally evocative episode of The Return.

I can't properly express how disappointed i was in that "finale". After Cooper coming back in episode 16 the Best of Twin peaks finale was a slap in the face and the big build up to literally nothing was Lynch spitting on his fans.

>"Palmer's house" owned by the actual owner
This meme has to DIE
It wasn't owned by the actual owner, it was owned by Alice Tremond who was PLAYED by the actual owner

Nobody's analyzing chrysta bell's songs to try and understand tammy's chacter

Audrey's dance backwards.

No it didn't.

>This show was worse than lost
There were single scenes in this show that were better than the entirety of lost

there is no show worse than lost

It most certainly did :-)

Yeah, but she doesn't make a dent, if that isn't beating it into the audience that the past can't be undone then I don't know what is.

This. On a level of expecting some resolution I was disappointed sure, but emotionally 18 is one of the best pieces of television I think I've ever seen. It's been almost a week now since the finale and it's all I've been able to think about.

>write a script where literally nothing happens
>film it with dark lighting
>add some subtle ambient music
>masterpiece

so whats the deal with laura when she removes her face and there is whiteness?

What was the point of her playing the character then?

It's beating into the adience that evil can't completely get rid of good (just like the other way around)

How long until you guys dissolve /tpg/?

Your dumb show is over and you are overstaying you're welcome

>Laura removes her face and there is whiteness, purity, light
>Sarah removes her face and there is darkness, corruption, horror

idk m8 not exactly hard to run the numbers on this one