youtube.com/watch?v=fYNGIzzRW8o
youtube.com/watch?v=ioKyxGkBRro
youtube.com/watch?v=iuDMb2FI4AU
youtube.com/watch?v=vRz3deg1crY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Never forget

friendly reminder that the Las Vegas storyline is set during 2003

Carrie Rage lol

okay so let me get this straight, the scream is Laura waking up?

LLORANDO

Doppelgangers only start appearing when the way to the Black Lodge opens and Cooper physically enters the lodge in the S2 finale, you never see or hear about any prior to this when Cooper only visits it in dream form. Considering that the Arm is physical in some sense (it's literally the arm of the guy MIKE posesses) it makes some sense that it has a doppelganger.

Considering that the door to the Black Lodge opens very rarely (it takes 25 years to open again after it opens in S2), it could be that this specific event of the black lodge connecting to the material world is required for doppelgangers to be made.

We live inside a dream

This band
youtube.com/watch?v=8K_47fSG5HM&feature=youtu.be

Flat out ripped off the beatles (AKA best band of all times)
youtube.com/watch?v=6STQwYCY2MA

vocaroo.com/i/s1qr2kSTTGVc
Reminder that Judy was the one on the phone.

First for Cooper's big ass!

SELF-REFERENTIAL MASTERPIECE
>"Audrey's Dance"
>Bellucci and Albert/Gordon in general sometimes
>Cooper recognizing Laura's theme
>"it's a bad story" / "what happens in season 2?"
>"Palmer's house" owned by the actual owner

its called meta

>been watching some of the main Twin Peaks actors movies for the last few days to recover from the LYNCHing
>watch Backbeat last night
>all that cute shorthaired Sheryl Lee walking around naked and generally domming Stephen Dorff

I-I think I'm on board now guys

youtu.be/LB2naaQZbfI?t=20s

Why is nobody talking about how it was sarah who called doppelcoop in episode 2

Yeah, there were set photos of him and Sheryl at the house too. I don't know how they weren't plastered all over these generals 24/7

John Carpenter's Vampires

first still is from episode 2, after the arm says "go now!", coop tries to access this area but is blocked.

second is from episode 18, after leland says "find laura", and he now has access to different lodge abilities.

Why did Hawk go to the Lodge woods in episode 2?

The one thing I can't figure out about the finale:

How did Cooper know that Laura was in Odessa, Texas of all places?

What's your single favourite scene? I've been thinking about it for a bit and mine is actually e17 when Sarah Palmer smashes Laura's picture frame but can't damage the photo itself. The sounds coming out of the next room are just astonishing, it sounds like Cthulhu having a tooth removed with no anaesthetic and the general setting is pure domestic horror. But at the same time it's uplifting because I'm pretty sure the scene represents Judy going apeshit because she can't corrupt / destroy Laura Palmer's spirit.

it was her

>tfw Lynch will NEVER EVER direct an absolute kino TV show about the evils of jews with Justin Theroux and Naomi Watts

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIHlB-wesGPVETlNFLsGCKL-SFjW8wrJf

I fucking cannot wait for this guy to start making videos on The Return.

>shit band rip off another shit band
woah

giv /lit/ gf

This
youtube.com/watch?v=KWy2DDYDXU4
But for The Return, it'd be cherry pie.

They were though, newfriend. Same as the webm

>leaving out Laura Harring
Yes, I too wish he leaves out the best part.

The whole sequence with the giant and the fat lady in episode 8 might very well be the most beautiful thing Lynch ever directed.

This is definitely the moment the story "starts" with MIKE asking Cooper "Is it future or is it past?"

Cooper is indeed stuck in a loop.

>Cooper recognising Laura's theme
When did this happen?

Because it wasn't Cooper, it was Richard.

Not nearly to the level they could have been. It was always just one guy posting it every other thread in spoiler tags.

Meta question...

How much does Frost resent Lynch for endorsing Bernie, but not endorsing Hillary? Keep in mind Mark Frost spends every waking money thinking about Donald Trump.

A Lynch endorsement could have gotten at least a few thousand key votes for Killary, Frost is well aware of this. I feel like Frost was mostly stifled in The Return.

Can anyone else hear it? I'm not 100% sure but I definitely hear a resemblance
listen to youtube.com/watch?v=fYNGIzzRW8o
and then

Same, his writeup on the finale was pretty good but just a viewing journal, I'd love to hear his theories. Those FWWM videos are pure kino.

If there's one thing I took away from that last episode, it is to not support creators that treat their audience like crap. I'm frankly done with David Lynch. If there is a new season, I won't be watching it without looking up spoilers for the last episode.

That was my thought too, that, just like Doppelcooper (Who I sorta think might have been the original Richard) was getting some of real Coopers memories when he entered his world, Cooper might have gotten Richards memories when he entered that world.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING NOW THAT THIS IS OVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mfw somebody's reaction to episode 16 and 17 before 18

Probably because it leaked in 2015 when they filmed, we've known for two years

accually was leaping lad

>You've gone soft in your old age
>Not where it counts buddy

fucking right

Why did she reeeeeeeeeeeeee? Did she realize Shitler Clitoris won in this timeline?

Watch kylekino and sherylkino, I watched The Hidden and Backbeat last night

Is Lynch /ourguy/?

youtube.com/watch?v=ioKyxGkBRro

Sarah isn't Judy, though.

I consider the scene amazing too, though. But I have a very different read, to me it feels like it's a reminder to the audience that Laura Palmer can't be conveniently erased and saved from her past. This is the physical evidence of it, Sarah is complete dismay, screaming and crying from the pain, trying to destroy her picture but being unable to.

What happened happened. The shot of Pete going fishing is a total fantasy, and this is the reality.

no it was great. A cultural event

The Hidden is a fun film
How's Backbeat?

If Sarah isn't judy why was Doppelcoop, trying to find Judy, led to the Palmer house

And then good coop as well, later on

sort of but I think the "we live inside a dream" doesn't mean everything is a dream literally, but that Coop changed the past so everything they are living will cease existing for real and only live on in the memory of the timetraveling characters (Coop, Phillip, ... =

After rewatching the last two twice and a lot of thought, here are some observations — no, not some bullshit fan theory tripe, not more “it could be” fuckery, no shit dredged up from other films, psychological quackery, 15th rate translations, or ancient Zoroastrian ritual practices — just observations from the shows/film:

>two pairs of people with the same two names: Mike & BOB/Mike & Bobby and Richard & Linda/Richard & Linda
>"Are you talking about that little girl that got killed?" in FWWM and "Is this the story about the girl that got killed?" in 18.
>"...owned it before...two Chalfonts" from FWWM, two/three Tremonds in original series, and Alice Tremond and her being asked who owned the house before in 18.
>the picture laura gets from Tremond in FWWM being of the room & door in The Return.
>log lady and briggs getting lost in the forest and losing time and jerry horne getting lost in the forest and ending up way the fuck out in wyoming.
>original reveal of what laura whispers being "my father killed me" ending with another hidden whisper shortly after her mother going all stabby on her picture.
>mike going on about "appetite, satisfaction, a golden cirle" in the original series.
>leland's doppelganger saying "i did not kill anybody" in the original series.
>’do you know him?’/’no do you know him?’ from leland & laura about mike in FWWM.
>”the thread will be torn!” from mike in FWWM.
>”you were manufactured for a purpose” & “i need you to make another one” in The Return.
>”i am the arm and i sound like this” & “listen to the sounds”.
>briggs saying he was taken to the white lodge, his face being in the fireman’s place.
>first time the giant actually said his name/who he is (the fireman).
>the fireman’s shitload of electric generators & “electricity”.

Pretty good entertaining little movie and I didn't know anything about the Beatles in the early days. It's a fun watch like Hidden and comfy, Sheryl's great as always and so was Dorff

because we don't know.
for sure.

So what was Mr C end goal? Enslave Judy?

She is posessed by Judy. You can see her face and stabbing nose when she opens her face in the bar.

Okay Listen to Sarah Palmer's voice starting at the 50 second mark here: youtube.com/watch?v=iuDMb2FI4AU

And then listen to the voice doppelcoop spoke with vocaroo.com/i/s1qr2kSTTGVc
and tell me it ain't the same voice

The real Lynching was turning these threads into a cancer

Maybe you should meta your way to reddit

There's the theory that the house itself might carry the spirit of Judy. Which sorta works, seeing how Sarah could very well just be part of it because she's living in it.

So when Laura screamed at the end and the lights flicked that means she is waking up back in 1989? What happens to Cooper though?

Judy is 100% either possessing Sarah or the Palmer house itself. I lean towards Sarah, but I can kinda see the case for both.

>her face
what? the face we saw was a new face. the experiment's face had no mouth or teeth

Cooper acquired some sort of omniscience. He trained his magic well during his 25 years in hte lodge

Coop is fucked

Not going to watch episode 18 because apparently it ruins the season.

Only if you're a pleb.

Sure, but I don't see any evidence for that being the case except for the lights going off at the end of episode 18, which even then is only evidence if you subscribe to a specific theory, the "they defeated judy in the end" theory

Thoughts on the Aleister Crowley theory?

When Sarah first opens her face, after the black smoke clears, you can clearly see a featureless grey shape with a black hole in the middle where the 'nose' jabs out a few times. It looks like pic relateds 'face'

She's "posessed" by The Jumping Man, not Judy.

The frogmoth is the Jumping Man, get it, frogs jump, it even had the pointy nose.

The judy theories fucking have to die, why are people so thick to it? SHES NOT JUDY.

only if you're a donkey honking chutney ferret

It's a pretty good conclusion. I would have hoped for something more optmistic but it's far from the worst way to conclude the season or the series as a whole.

The Trial was so disappointing, Kyle was perfect for the role

Hasting's wife recognizes Doppelcoop. He says "you did good. You follow human nature perfectly." then kills her

WHAT
WHY

youtube.com/watch?v=vRz3deg1crY

Why do anything eh?

>does something different from the norm and stands out because it's different
>best band of all time

Twilight is the best vampire fiction because no other vampires sparkle

Exactly, the house is Judy.

please give me your thoughts on this:

THE JUMPING MAN

ITS RIGHT THERE IN YOUR FACE

Jumping Man is merely a representative of Judy, not Judy herself. He wears her face as a symbol. He basically serves as her spy and spooky errand boy like when he snitches on Coop as he goes back in time.

I like the "feel" of this theory but feel like there is 0 evidence for it outside of the spooky ceiling fan

LITERALLY ITS RIGHT THERE ARE YOU BLIND OR STUPID OR BOTH

JUMPING MAN / SARAH / JUMPING MAN / SARAH

> 2003
> everyone is using smartphones

Because he manufactured her you fucking imbecile.

It's Sarahs voice. Because she's posessed by Jowday. (I missed you in new york)

Because she's also a doppelganger, this shit ain't that hard to follow user

If Annie knew that good Coop was in the lodge, why didn't she tell anybody when she got out?

It still hurts, bros.

It still hurts.

The season was already terrible, ep 18 is just par for the course.
The final episode of a season comprised of 80% filler and nothing scenes has a flaccid, unsatisfactory ending. Big surprise.

Jumping Man serves as a conduit. He's not Sarah or Judy, just a big fancy telephone.

We're not going to talk about Annie.