/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Nevar forgetti /ourguy/ Edition

strawpoll.me/13879597/

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pXth84G7dkM
newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/david-lynchs-haunted-finale-of-twin-peaks-the-return
youtube.com/watch?v=U1-31cSNhPU
youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
mega.nz/#!hSAmVJII!y7e62KgfUz68hDXbB8iRy2LTWRd-kUkFQ52ttee78sM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for judy

A collection of rambling and samey set pieces amateurishly glued together by a frankly adolescent conviction that weirdness in any form – hey, let’s not bother with a plot – can pass for clever and interesting, it should never have been made (and, having poked about online, I detect weariness setting in even among those who hailed its promise at the start). People love to talk – The X-Files blah, True Detective blah – of the influence Twin Peaks has had on television in the years since it first screened (1990-91). But this is silly, overstated. Television changes for myriad reasons, and is changing still, thanks to Netflix. That Lynch seems neither to know of these changes nor to care does not make him a hero, or even an auteur. It makes him a fool, and a dinosaur.

Rhonda best girl

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

/ourguy/

they were too golden hearted for this world

>Doesn't bring back Nazi midget
>Doesn't bring back Josie despite her wanting it badly
>Doesn't bring back Annie
>Doesn't bring back Donna

>Brings back the original actor for an autistic lodge spirit who has a total screen time of about 45 seconds throughout the entire series

Lynch is an absolute madman

Sorry for being a brainlet, but why was Mr. C looking for Judy?

/ourgal/

t.Reddit

That metal clanging noise in part 17 during the Jeffries scene is so satisfying. How does Lynch do it?

>Over the course of the series’s final sprint, Lynch turns this story into an elemental drama of dramas, a distorted and refracted version of the lone American male hero on a relentless quest to rescue an abused woman—he turns “Twin Peaks: The Return,” in other words, into a modern-day version of John Ford’s “The Searchers,” and the tragic depth of his view of the solitary and haunted Western hero is worthy to stand alongside Ford’s own.

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen youtube.com/watch?v=pXth84G7dkM

I have several theories regarding mr c.

The "he is cooper, just willing to use violence" theory. According to this theory of mine, he is not too dissimilar to cooper. His main drive is curiosity. What he's after is having the complete picture. Only difference with cooper is that he is willing to kill and use violence and do evil to reach his objective. Maybe he wanted to find wtf Judy was, literally.

The power madman theory: according to this theory of mine, the coordinates were supposed to bring him to naido. (in fact, tp police find naido there). According to my intuition naido is the real portal to other timelines\worlds, not the key + door. So he wanted to reach her to achieve the power to alter everything to his liking and have unlimited power

the Judy Minion theory: according to this other theory of mine, he is simply a minon of Judy and wants to kill naido to impede coop from time travelling and resurrecting Laura. Assumptions for this idea: naido is the actual portal to other worlds (see my previous theory), the laura dragon ball was supposed to kill judy (so when cooper wakes her up he kills judy)

The time traveling BOB theory: according to this last theory of mine, BOB simply wanted to travel to the past (see my previous intuition regarding naido) to attempt possessing Laura again.

>user thinks he can convince people by reposting reddit reviews of TPTR
sorry dude, kino is kino, no matter how much it irritates your autism

Is Nadine thinking she's back in highschool after her suicide attempt considered a good storyline?

Reminder that Coop has now moved into the same universe as Chet.

I feel like the presence and absence of Cooper's FBI pin is key to understanding MIKE's question "Is it future or is it past?" ... But I can't be bothered to rewatch and try and work it out, can someone else do it for me please?

Yea it was awesome, Lynch's sound design is unmatched, vital.

if Audry is just dreaming... who the fuck is Charlie?

based vedderposter. i love you

Hello, Buella

> People still posting ugly-ass Sheryl Lee

When will this meme die?

Sheryl really is wonderful

Anyone else want to rewatch the finale but are kinda still reeling emotionally and not sure if you can go on that journey again quite so soon? Is, is this what being Lynched feels like?

/ourguy/

Sets up Mike "The Man" getting laid, leads to some decent Ed/Norma buttfrustration, so yeah it's pretty based.

What's this from? a The Searchers comparison is spot on Tbh

Is Jeffries is opposed to booper/Judy/etc why is he above the convenience store which is like a super Judy black lodgey place going off ep8

____!

when coop goes back in time and tells lara flynn boyle not to accept botox surgery, then maybe your waifu can be on top once more.

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/david-lynchs-haunted-finale-of-twin-peaks-the-return

Yes, season 2 is extremely underrated.

The return was originally going to have 9 episodes, do you think it was lynch or showtime that made it 18?

the CUTE squad has arrived!

I'm starting to think that the Fireman told Cooper to go to the other timeline just to trap him there, so he would stop interfering with shit. Same as what he did to the Doppelganger.

I've heard about you

A madman with a coat.

Obviously some sort of lodge spirit.
>is a weird fucking demi-midget
>says weird shit like "Or will I have to end your story too, Audrey?"

Has there been any info on whether there was any deleted footage for The Return?

well he killed only badguys, but
>doesn't likes coffee
>wanted to shoot the sheriff

So if this scene was a dream was BOB really destroyed?

where was his season 3 cameo wtf lynch

CUTE, not lewd
You know this, user

>Ray
>bad guy
c

The convenience store is like a neutral zone where all spirits can discuss garmonbozia
Not even sure if the convenience store counts as the same place as Jeffries' dream motel besides

Too golden hearted for this timeline

Bob just went back to the lodge.

Rapist! Sheryl is a rapist!

>yfw Charlie was originally supposed to be played by Michael J Anderson

You're missing someone.

looks like ronald mcdonald

>tfw when the FWWM ending was only made more powerful by TR because it also shows Dale finally at peace with Laura

He was finally able to let go and accept what happened to her, and got to be there when her angel came ;_;

Nothing implies that DoppelCoop doesn't like coffee. He just had more important things on his mind than having a good cup of joe

Nah user, they only shot 18 hours of footage. very efficient!

I feel like Ray being an FBI informant is the most ultimately pointless, confusing, and unnecessary addition in the finale two-parter. And that's saying a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=U1-31cSNhPU
He's wearing the pin in both scenes

doppelcute!

eww
only CUTES allowed in the CUTE squad

because lynch is rayposter

cute poster can you share your gettyimages trick?

it made perfect sense wtf are you on

>"If I disappear, come find me."

Does that mean that Cole's lore-dump scene in the beginning of episode 17 chronologically comes AFTER the Great Northern scene near the end of the episode (the one on pic related)?

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Vedderposters were right. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen: youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Your first theory is pretty neat. It makes sense because he has Cooper's memories, he knows they put together a plan to destroy Judy and has a general idea of what she may be, but he doesn't know if she could be inhabiting a person or could be a living entity.

But your second theory is mine personally.

Horrible worthless garbage. Season 1 was fun and a phenomenon back in the day. Most don't remember, but David Lunch promised to resolve the story in 1 season, then didn't. When they dragged it out into 2 seasons people started getting annoyed and the story went downhill. This new version decades later is just awful. It's nothing like the original. No funny dialogue (not much dialogue at all), extreme violence, and an absolutely nonsensical story. They attempt humor at certain points but it falls worse than flat. And the look of the show is very different. The sets. It does not look or feel anything like Twin Peaks, or like a good show of any kind. There are also long scenes of nothing, like a man spray painting shovels. Some of the worst junk I've ever seen. The commercial breaks are refreshing. I'm half a dozen episodes in and at this point I'm just going to give up.

Ray is the powerful bring in Twin Peaks lore when you examine the evidence

reminds me of the sounds the guild monster thingy was making in dune

Wow, what an editing goof!

what about the other diane? the one that went slutty in fwwm? does she also lost her charm?

Not the guy with the high resolution images from last thread but check out the link in this image

>Mooothhhhaaaaw... do you wanna bang heads with me?!?!

What did Mr. C mean by this, and is it the key to understanding The Return?

>donna was the only main character from S1 to not show up in any form, not even a flashback
What did Lynch mean by this?

Nah, he had he's chance, but then he proceeded to fuck it all up because he's a dum-dum retard-o head.

Ray being an FBI informant confirms that MIKE is in on "The Plan".

about 1000 pictures of Sheryl
mega.nz/#!hSAmVJII!y7e62KgfUz68hDXbB8iRy2LTWRd-kUkFQ52ttee78sM

?

heyyyy i remember most of these posts from a month ago. thanks for the reposts, fellas

This is the worst of Lynch by far. Avid fan of the first 2 series but this one does nothing for the show. Bringing back the old actors and giving them obvious token roles just added to the doledrum. The entire focus is on Bob and his arm, as far as interesting character developments as per original twin peaks, well there is none. Watching some brainless goon of Agent Cooper walking around like a douchbag for an entire series and with nothing at all interesting on the horizon for the show makes it obvious this is a cash grab moment.

Got to congratulate Lynch on showing us all how stupid the average consumer is going by all these positive ratings. Most of these morons voted when the first episode aired. This review was written at the end so its covering the entire season proper.

This, isn't not to say I don't mind the horror angle, being a horror fan and all but Twin Peaks is more than that and this series has been a total boring let down with mediore acting at best. It actually feels fan made to me.

Nothing to see here, move along.

So, what happened to Leo?

idk, if this were any other director, the fact that there's so much "unnecessary" footage would point towards the network, but with Lynch you don't really know

why did the power go out when laura screamed at the end

t. reddit

Don't talk about Lynch like that.

The universe broke forever.

i mean other Donna

i'm trying to download pictures of joanna newsom from getty images, thus requiring the "getty images trick" to download full-res images for free

no electricity

Did she deserve it?

will cole find coop again? will he save him?
this make's me sad on rewatch, coop wanted to be saved ;_;

I loved the original Twin Peaks from the first 5 minutes of the pilot to a title bit into Season 2, when it went from being perfect to just better-than-average TV with characters I loved. It did NOT take 5 episodes before it started to get good.

Season 3 is unfathomably bad. Sure, I don't know what Lynch's master plan is, but I CAN see horribly written dialog, failed attempts to recapture the spirits of old characters, scenes that are 2 to 5 times too long (and not in the good way David Lynch used to do). I started each of the first 4 episodes with my fingers crossed that it would be where some of the old magic returns. But after about 4 hours, the only bit of the old magic I saw were parts of the glass box thread and a new motorcycling character (not James).

Maybe a miracle will occur in the remaining episodes but I feel more and more like a sucker for watching the first 4...

wasn't it extended to 18 after the funding dispute? that suggests lynch imo

Because Laura destroyed Judy.

I know this isn't /r/ but could someone remind me in image form exactly how the Giant/?????/The Fireman tried to create the perfect little girl, in image format?