So does Sup Forums still pretend this movies bad?

So does Sup Forums still pretend this movies bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OAGn3NCKE0g
youtube.com/watch?v=ent02yItm60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didnt see it until it came on tv because im a recluse. i liked it

Only contrarians hate it.

Mel Gibson would still have been better than TH though.

The best action movie of the decade

is this shooped?
it looks like it might be shooped

>tfw you will never be this swole

(((They))) hadn't forgiven him yet.

When did this contrarian board think it was bad? People praising it to hell and back is the only reason I watched this shit. It taught me not to listen to you fuckers about movies.

>pretend
Boring movies are bad movies, no matter how pretty.

It's great, got great reviews and had a woman in it. Of course Sup Forums hates it

BEST CGI I SEEN SO FAR!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=OAGn3NCKE0g

This alone makes it outfuckingstanding, groundbreaking for cinema future and technology. No fuckin idea how it lost Oscar race to Ex Machina

>fury road
>boring

Probably the only memorable original movie score in the last ten years. You know you can hear it in your head right now

The board is full of bigger plebs than ever before now so lots of people share your low cinema IQ opinion about it

There are however still some patricians left that know its videogame hogwash

Were you not for it? Sup Forums loved the warboys over half the posts were Witness

Mad Max one is shit

The sooner people realize this the better

Even thunderdome is better than that crap

Holy shit, could you please recommend me something you consider to be an entertaining movie? If you thought Fury Road was boring I'm in for the ride of my life.

>implying Pleb and Normal are different categories

Also, Mad Max 1 wasn't even that great. It was just a good start for the series.

your mom is shit

FR > RR > Thunderdome > MM

This

great action movie but lacks that desolate post apocalyptic atmosphere original 3 movies had and villain is now capeshit tier.

Also forced feminism. its no longer a max movie more like max and furiosa crew rebelling against a tranny.

This is accurate.

plebs, the lot of you

Mad Max one focuses on goose and toecutter more than Max

And in fact he doesnt do anything until the last twenty minutes

I maintain that had Mel Gibson played Max and it was about old Max going against old Immortan Joe it would be the best Mad Max movie. It was clearly written that way with all the flashbacks and the theme of the new world replacing the old. It could have been PERFECT. As it is it's a good movie but doesnt really feel like it's part of the Mad Max canon.

>Beyond Thunderdome
>Road Warrior
>Fury Road
>Mad Max

In that order.

They try to make Tom Hardy seem like he's some PTSD riddled wild animal that has been worn out from living in the wasteland for so long but with his age that doesn't make any sense and he just comes across as autistic or something. The timeline in Fury Road makes no sense. Immortan Joe was in the war after the world already started going to shit and Max is supposed to be from that time too but Tom Hardy is less than half his age.

Not quite, at the time of the War, Immorten joe could have been say in his 40s and Max around 20.

So Nux and all the people that don't remember the war/old world are all 15-20? Furiosa grew up with a tribe and Charlize was 40 years old

People who know what they're doing shoot fast-motion scenes by lowering the camera framerate (so motion is sped up when played back at normal framerate).

They people who made Fury Road, in what is AFAIK an unprecedented form of idiocy, shot everything at normal framerate, and then skipped frames to increase speed. This looks like absolute garbage. It's even worse than the 3:2 pulldown Amerifats think is normal, because it's inconsistent from scene to scene. There's no possible way to get used to it.

It's especially aggravating because Fury Road has some great stunts and effects. It's would have been a good movie if the motion quality wasn't unwatchable.

This... what the fuck were they thinking?

This was a stylistic choice, you fucking mongs... they used the same elements in RW and used it here to try to match some of the same aesthetics

>they used the same elements in RW
No, they did not. RW fast-motion scenes are shot conventionally. I am not aware of any other movie that uses frame skipping for fast motion.

Shame. It was really worth it to see it in the theater.

i always liked it.

>Mad Max 1 wasn't even that great.
Nah. It's pretty great, especially considering it was an self financed amature film in a country without a real film industry.
Also half the movie was paid for in beer.
It's genuinely my favorite mad max movie. Road warrior and fury road have better action, I really like the aesthetics of thunderdome, but my heart is always with the original.

>was a stylistic choice

>they did it on purpose so it can't be bad

Fuck off

I genuinely disliked it when I first watched it
then i saw it again recently and decided its quite good

however
road warrior is still miles better

As soon as I realized they were using CGI for the stunts, I got tired of this movie real quick. That was the main staple of the series, that the stunts were fucking real.

they still used real stunts
youtube.com/watch?v=ent02yItm60

If you break the rules for stylistic reasons, they have to be obviously broken. Otherwise it just looks like you didn't know the correct way. I'm not at all convinced they knew how to shoot fast-motion correctly. "Stylistic choice" is a suspiciously convenient excuse for incompetence. Instead of frame skipping, they could have used rapid jump cuts (eg. the machine gun fire scene in Vivre sa Vie), and then everybody would know that they could operate a camera correctly.

I agree, i fell asleep 30 mins in

Not him, but usually films with actual plot and character development for starters

Using CGI for just one stunt is one too many for me. Mad Max has always been about wrecking cars into other shit, not digital fuckery.

Several shots were entirely CG but the stunts are "CG enhanced"
I'm more triggered by the absurdely oversaturated color correction than by the CG, 3D gimmicks or grrl power
digital footage does look desaturated because high grade image sensors just work that way, but this is taking it too far in the other direction

I'm pretty sure the DP had never shot on digital before. It could be possible that was the only way they could think to recreate that look, since it is a trademark of the franchise.
I don't know a lot about the practical differences between shooting digital vs film. I could imagine undercranking the camera and then speeding it up on digital would just look like they shot it at regular speed.

>"CG enhanced"
They can enhance my dick for all I care. Keep your damn Jar-Jar digital nonsense away from the Mad Max franchise.

Witnessed

Frame skipping is not a trademark of the franchise. It's not a trademark of anything because AFAIK Fury Road is the only film that does it. Maybe you are confusing frame skipping with tight shutter angle + camera shake.

>undercranking the camera and then speeding it up on digital would just look like they shot it at regular speed.
It works exactly the same as with analog film.

>muh plot
the cry of the pleb

Lol
>Muh CGI, and fake stunts, and pretty red makeup
Whos the real fag?

I still can't believe how infantile this movie is. If it wasn't for the violence and gore it could be a Disney animation, or maybe not because even Disney animations are usually more mature

the first one is a bit too close to life for me. very disturbing film. i liked it, but i probably enjoyed road warrior more.

Rogue one was better than this steaming turd. Muh strong womynz! Le epic 2 hour car chase!

so are you a contrarian about everything, or just about things that are well received by nearly everyone?
Do you change your opinions when you find out someone you don't like enjoys something you like?

Not sure who you are talking to, but as a fan of the series (yes even the Return of the Jediesque BEYOND THUNDERDOME) this one was too different for me. If people like it, that's great for them, but the movie is not without flaws and those flaws were enough for me not to like it.

I hate old actors playing as action stars but this would have been an exception. Crazy old Mel with PTSD would have made Fury Road the best Mad Max movie.
Its possible Mel didnt want to because he'd rather direct.

Best music BY FAR of any MM.

Every single track was incredible