/trek/

No, seriously, what the fuck were they thinking with this ending? edition

Other urls found in this thread:

icollector.com/Star-Trek-Deep-Space-Nine-TV-Pah-Wraiths-Cult-Armband-and-Earring_i21744949
huffingtonpost.com/ellen-ladowsky/pedophilia-and-star-trek_b_5857.html
megaforcehq.com/megamisc_megad.html
twitter.com/trekdocs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go with the prophets, my child.

Was it ever revealed hwo Dikat got all hung up on the Pah Wraiths to begin with?
I don't remember

That whole plot arc was retarded.
I liked Sisko being the Emissary and I liked his growing belief in his own holiness

I didn't like Prophets and Pagh Wraiths having a Harry Potter battle in the middle of the Promenade.
I didn't like Dukat going full insane and becoming a Bajoran to fuck Kai Winn so he could steal her special book and bring about the Bajoran Armageddon

I think he was still reeeing after the events of Waltz so he went and started studying Bajoran shit to find a way to off them for good.

They really fucked up Dukats character when they turned him into the religious weirdo after his daughters death.

>So I was space-googling "all Bajorans must die" and guess what I found? There are these space-demons that want to kill all Bajorans. How awesome is that?

After "Waltz" he was gone for a while, in that time he studied Bajoran texts or anything else to destroy Sisko. He found out about the prophets mortal enemies and decided to channel them, in order to utterlydestroy Sisko, both as a SF officer and the emmissary

lol

I felt they fucked up Sisko's Emissary plotline when they actually made him half-prophet. Like, why? Wasn't it enough that he was put into this role and had to find a way to come to terms with it?
yeah, Waltz really was the start of that and season 7 just made it worse and worse. Marc and Louise acting together was good tho, I liked that. The ending was so awful.

Until she gets made a full commander in season 7 she's not expected to actually function as an officer - the rank is purely symbolic of her status as a councillor, same as Crusher's is as a doctor.

She fails in that episode because she's never actually had to be a "starfleet officer" before and has to rely on the helmsman and engineer to actually do anything.

Only once she realises that killing Geordie is the right choice in an emergency situation is she made a command officer and promoted to commander for the last 5 episodes of TNG.

>keeping the retarded Cardie pylon design

why, starfleet bases are meant to be built like clean, efficient fortresses

>I felt they fucked up Sisko's Emissary plotline when they actually made him half-prophet. Like, why? Wasn't it enough that he was put into this role and had to find a way to come to terms with it?
I get why they did it, but I think they just did it poorly. Like it was supposed to show the Prophet's non-linear nature some more by having them create the guy who explains to them how linear people exist.
That's some nice paradox stuff and also has the bonus layers of Sisko's life have never really been his own.
I think they just focused too hard on the "Sisko's mom is a Prophet thing" rather than "Sisko's life has been fucked with from the beginning"
Maybe if they changed it so that Sisko's mom and dad met on a crazy coincidence, but really it was the Prophets who made it happen.

Remember to always make sure your buttplugs have a flared base

Eh, my son looks weird

>Maybe if they changed it so that Sisko's mom and dad met on a crazy coincidence, but really it was the Prophets who made it happen.
That would actually fix a lot.

They said in S5 that "the Sisko is of Bajor"

They couldn't figure out how to resolve that besides making him half prophet because they too were described as "of Bajor"

They could hardly make him secretly Bajoran

I love this graphic,but that bastardized pig latin language ruins it.

yeah, I get your point. It didn't set well with me a lot for the reasons you pointed out, especially the
>Sisko's life have never really been his own.
part. There are good things you can do with this storyline, but Sisko never seemed much bothered by it.

>you will never own that painting

But we already know what "Of Bajor" means
Sisko creates the term when he negotiates with the Prophets to kill all the Dominion ships in the Wormhole.
He convinces them that they should care about the people of Bajor which is why in the past they cared about Bajor and why they told him before that they were "Of Bajor".

Sisko being "Of Bajor" just means that he is a protector/attached to the planet, just like the Prophets are

I understand what they tried to do with her, I just don't like her shitty portrayal as a happy little chocolate addict character being able to be a senior officer and getting to boss around actually valuable crew members

I never realized that the German word for "space" is just "raum". It makes sense, it's just a literal translation, but I never thought about it before

I wonder how these two went on with their lives afterwards. I mean, Dukat fucking fooled them (though I liked how suprised he was when he saw the kid had Cardie features, like shit man, your semen is strong, you didn't think for once the kid could be yours?) and left the guy to raise his baby.

>over several years Sisko grew from resenting his role as emissary, to embracing it, to trusting the prophets as much as any bajoran

>this wasn't dur to him living amongst the bajorans, building relationships with them and defending them, learning about prophets / prophecies, his many orb experiences and him finally moving on from the death of his beloved wife

>it was because a prophet possessed his mom and made her marry his dad against her will to ensure he was born and to make him half alien

Great work DS9

but it's not in English?

Is there any canon star chart of the galaxy

no

Well he's not LITERALLY half-alien.
His mom was all human, but she was possessed by a Prophet.
I don't think it ruins too much as it had little affect on Sisko's life up until then

She's not a senior officer though, and except in situations where it was necessary as a councillor, her bossing people around would get her a polite smile and a report to their department head.

It's the same in real life. Professionally wualified officers (doctors, lawyers, even chaplains) have hogh rank to denote the level of respect their profession deserves and to justify their salary and them geting nicer barracks etc., but they're not treated the same as any other Lieutenant Commander giving orders.

it's from the toilet seat

you can own his armband though

icollector.com/Star-Trek-Deep-Space-Nine-TV-Pah-Wraiths-Cult-Armband-and-Earring_i21744949

meant for

>250 dollars for a red flannel

get the fuck out of here

why not, how the fuck do you do multiple series and not include a map as a dvd extra or some shit

Honestly, that is a pretty shitty translation. Raum means space (maths/physics) or room. For space as in universe, it should be Weltraum (the space the world is in) or All or Kosmos

this one always seemed mostly correct for me

I consider myself officially burned.

Because it makes writing more difficult in the future.
Better to be vague about things.
Like, if there was a canon map released, the Cardies could never have been written to exist as neighbours and then we would have never have gotten DS9

How did the Cardassians and Klingons go to war without crossing Fed space?

How did the Romulans have an active front separate to the Federation one during the Dominion war?

Cardies need to be on the other side

Always struck me as way too big, there's got to be like 50,000 people living there

cloaks fella, that's the way to go, at least for the klingon empire/cardassia war

they go under or over

Feds got cucked and threw the Klingsikhs under the bus.

So "Raumdock" should really be "Weltraumdock"?

Also, I like how "Germanic" Weltraum is. The World Space.
Like Weltenschlange or Weltenbaum

What if there is?
It'd be like living in any urban environment
There's probably huge parks in it too

man, Jadzia is so pretty

Agreed
Second best Dax too
Best is Curzon

When are they going to show the galaxy the power of the Gorn

Yeah pretty much, but I guess the translator decided Raumdock was more "sexy" or whatever. Maybe it's just my autism (although they say Weltraum in the intros)

>Iconians

>ywn grapple sensually with a musclelizardman
jdimsa

PROMENADE

Reminder that mathematically, on the most basic level possible, Cardasians DID NOTHING WRONG.

that VOICE

That's a bit of a fallacy because all people die of something eventually.
It's like saying that if the Cardies killed 3 billion in 100 years, well that isn't very much at all because 3 billion would have been dead anyways.

Archer BTFO a Gorn

The point is that the terrible working camps weren't terrible at all. They were better than our working conditions today. There was no genocide whatsoever, just regular casualties of life pinned at Cardassians because Bajorans are subhuman dindus.

I'm sure Garak would've agreed with this. I imagine this is exactly why they got mad on that convention he attended.

I like how bashirfaggot's mostly stopped posting after pictures of her have been posted on here

well, she was the first one to post them anyway, so I think she doesn't care. she's probably getting high right now or killed herself.

Riker, when the girdle snapped

bashirfag is in at least one thread per day, dunno what you're on about.

their posting's changed

shes meeting with her meth dealer, just wait

>she

Did you know that Star Trek is associated with pedofiles by law enforcement?
If they've got a suspect and see he's a Star Trek fan too, they get real interested because the two are, for whatever reason, highly correlated

Thoughts on "the Squire of Gothos"? One of my favourites.

huffingtonpost.com/ellen-ladowsky/pedophilia-and-star-trek_b_5857.html

>he LA Times recently ran a story about the Child Exploitation Section of the Toronto Sex Crimes Unit, which contained a mind-boggling statistic: of the more than 100 offenders the unit has arrested over the last four years, “all but one” has been “a hard-core Trekkie

I liked the Futurama version better

well I liked your mum better!

Hazard a guess why?

Social outcats maybe. I can see some crossover there. But 99/100 is astonishing.

>In fact, Star Trek paraphernalia has so routinely been found at the homes of the pedophiles they’ve arrested that it has become a gruesome joke in the squad room. (On the wall, there is a Star Trek poster with the detectives’ faces replacing those of the crew members).

Also I'd like to think this applied to old school hardcore OG nerd/geeks who were really out there on the fringe. This geek stuff is much more widely accepted these days.

They probly watched TNG for the Wesley, truly the worst kinds of human.

that miri episode is why so many of them are pedos

dumb bradleyposter
>Vic and Ezri are pretty shitty additions to the show and I hate how much time was devoted to those fucks in S7
You just pointed out why I hate season 7 but not because I dislike Vic or Ezri but because the end of the show has half of the time devoted to those two ancillary characters

So I recently started watching TNG. What the fuck happened after approximately the first two seasons? Suddenly everyone became much more chill and significally less stuck up. I especially hated how during the early episodes nearly every single fucking one would have a SHUT UP DATA moment that came off as pretty cuntish. Just tell the fucker to be less detailed, goddamnit.

Rodenberry died.
Control went to other people after that.
Data's character (and Wesley) was a big part of Rodenberry's contribution

Is that Hillary's face?

Because of Voyager. Having a pedophile as a main character makes real life pedophiles feel welcomed and accepted by the franchise.

data does it on purpose so he can claim discrimination if he gets fired.

Head writer Maurice Hurley left and was replaced by the new head writer Michael Piller. Gene Roddenberry had a reduced role in the show and his lawyer Leonard Maizlish wasn't allowed on the set anymore.

Gene Roddenberry didn't die until during the 5th season.

Beware of false Trexperts.

Red flannel that was worn by Dukat.
This is memorabilia, not replica.

>How did the Cardassians and Klingons go to war without crossing Fed space?

>How did the Romulans have an active front separate to the Federation one during the Dominion war?

This is just the borders along thew galactic plane, Rom, Klink, and Card probably have borders with each other on a different level of the z-axis than that map is on.

I got REALLY drunk once night and serioulsy contamplated buying one of the "megaforce" cars.

megaforcehq.com/megamisc_megad.html

Given that no Trek writer has ever had a sense of scale or any mathematical sense (or they were trained to ignore it if they had) I'm willing to bet that the occupation was supposed to be deadlier than that.

>in 1992, during preproduction for DS9, Peter Capaldi auditioned for the role of Sisko
Blimey.

twitter.com/trekdocs

Whoa
I kinda figured he always looked old.

I think without Brooks, Sisko would have lost something.
Brooks is straight up crazy, and Sisko benefited from that

best villian to worst villian

ive never been so enthralled by star trek as when i was watching him have a breakdown from his daughter's death

some of the best character development of any series til they ruined it

Yeah pretty much
The only one they fucked as close was Picard from the show to First Contact

queers

It orbits Earth. When they're done at work they can beam home. It's mostly dilithium refining and energy production.