What's the best Philip K. Dickino?

Best: A Scanner Darkly
Worst: Man in the High Castle
Overrated: Blade Runner
Underrated: Minority Report

The Adjustment Bureau is really good. So is Total Recall, although it deviates pretty hard from the source material.
Did Radio Free Albemuth actually get made?
Also, they've been trying to adapt VALIS for a long time, and if done right it will be the best. It won't be done right.

this exactly

Defs A Scanner Darkly.

Best: Blade Runner
Worst: a scanner darkly
Overrated: total recall
Underrated: screamers

Johnny Mnemonic is underrated as hell.

>adjustment bureau
>actually based on something

huh. I thought it was just a Source Code ripoff.

It's really not. It is rated accurately bad. Also not pkd.

>still no cry my tears kino

A scanner darkly is one of the most direct adaptations I can think of and translates a truly weird fucking story to film.
It's nearly page-for-page.

>Did Radio Free Albemuth actually get made?
Yes

The film is also really fucking good. NOBODY could capture PKD's weird drug induced atmosphere like Keanu/RDJ/Woody.

worst:

P A Y C H E C K

Well you're half right. It was a William Gibson story.

Paycheck was awesome.

Doesn't hurt that Linklater is a huge PKD nerd either.
I remember re-reading the book after the movie had come out and realized how well they compliment eachother. Trying to reconcile them both in your brain creates a pseudo aphasia kind of effect.
I still really want to see Gilliam or maybeeven Gondry do the three stigmata. I think either one could really capture that weird fucky fluid reality vibe while making you give a shit.

How fucking dare you

>He hasn't seen Impostor
It's not complete dogshit, and has some good actors and the story is kind of interesting, but holy shit it looks like a made for tv knockoff M. Night Shamamalamadingdong movie.

Top marks. I feel like a scanner darkly is super niche though. I don't know if any of my friends have seen it and it has some stellar performances.

+Rory. Every major hollywood druggie coming out the woodwork.

he's had a weird track record on film in that only his most conventional stories have been adapted, with the exception of a scanner darkly. when i think of PKD i don't think of stories like the minority report, we can remember it for you wholesale, and paycheck, i think of the crazy shit that came later.

How come he didn't mention Total recall

ubik when?

back to plebbit

A scanner darkly was definitely the best attempt. Blade Runner is a great sci-fi movie, but the K Dick aspect of it is rather watered down.
Most of the rest is not worth mentionning.

>A Scanner Darkly
One of the worst movies I've ever seen, I finished it only because it was visually interesting.

Was the book like that?