Has Sup Forums ever seen an anime with legitimately good writing?

Has Sup Forums ever seen an anime with legitimately good writing?
I'm specifically asking here because Sup Forums is pretty much only about moe shit, masturbation fuel or shonen shit.

I used to watch a lot of anime until like 2015 and out of 300 or so shows i've seen i think pic related was the only one with good writing. Of course it has its flaws though.

princess mononoki
angel's egg

Shinsekai yori is trippy

Have you already watched Legend of Galactic Heroes?

No, but i know about it, and i'm not really interested in long running shows

Well if really good if you ever change your mind.

They made a couple movies if you want to see what it's about without investing in the whole series

Miyazaki is popular of course, but since he doesn't use a storyboard or script or anything like that i don't know how to judge his movies from a writing perspective.

Angel's Egg is so esoteric, symbolic and cryptic that i can't say whether it's well written or not either. It certainly is a good film though.

I've seen loads of anime with good writing, SSY was great but not the best. I won't tell you any though.

Why post then?

War in the Pocket

because he's lying

Jin-roh: The Wolf Brigade
A Wind Named Amnesia
Darkside Blues

No. The nips can't write characters that remotely resemble actual humans, which is why autists love anime so much.

Anime is always translated poorly
I recommend evangelion, the end of evangelion, and serial experiments lain. Evangelion is a bait and switch, it starts as a moody and depressed action show that evolves into a commentary on anime and japanese culture. Serial experiments lain is also similar to Eraserhead -- it has a very little amount of dialogue, and the dialogue that is there is meant to be very surreal and unnerving

op's anime is defs kino

The kara no kyoukai movies are pretty good if you can get your head around the time skips the 4th one in partcular is exceptionally good.

woops meant the 5th one Mujun Rasen

It's a laborious watch but very worth it. Very unique and a solid, if not exceptional space opera.

One of my all time favorite shows.

That series was surprisingly fucked up. Tempted to read the book.

It's not dubbed though. Like I always say, I'd rather just read a damn book.

Feelsbadman

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bobby's in Deep
Wings of Honneamise
MD Geist

>everyone is either a genius or retarded
>good writing

The writing is only good for that series because its based on an actual novel. I wish the Japs would adapt those more instead of shitty manga light-novels.

Even if it was translated it almost certainly wouldn't be a translation worth reading

Anime is like vidya. 95% have absolute shit writing and the other 5% have decent writing at best. Come to think of it, anime is even worse.