I mean eh

I mean eh...
It was a good movie but it fucked with Canon so much. Bill Skarsgard and Finn Wolfhard are fucking great though.

Haven't seen it yet
Did they keep the handy in the junkyard and Hockstetter's dead animal fridge?

Nope. Patrick gets fucked over in terms of what his character does/importance

God damn it. What was the point of even putting him in the movie then if they aren't gonna explore him?

I just want a good movie at this point. The book is always going to be there. As long as the metaphysics are basically intact, I am happy. Gonna see IT tomorrow night

an endorsement of Skarsgard is enough to sell the movie, really. Are you sure you thought he was great?

just got back from it lads

how old is beverly in real life

asking for a friend

>canon

it's one fucking book. who cares?

This. Just do whatever you want.

anyone else think it was weird when the bullies were beating up the black kid because he's homeschooled?

Like there's NO OTHER way he stands out. Nope, he's just homeschooled. He's a homeschoola, yo

Bullies are tolerant

I was just upset the ritual of chud wasn't name-dropped or that the turtle was brought up, also wished they had the Jew dead in the bathtub to link it to the adult movie, the ending was abrupt

I didnt see them tolerating that Homeschooled-American

>they don't even keep the racism angle for Mike
That's a stupid decision. Even though it's the late 80s, Mike is still one of the few black people in Derry so of course he would be harassed by bullies for it.

>that the turtle was brought up

they alluded to the turtle during the lake scene

I think that user is misremembering or just lying, they definitely directly bring up racism. "People like you don't belong in my town"

Dude they were clearly implying it was his race. The way Henry talks about his parents and how he's treated by everyone it's pretty obvious. Not sure why they weren't as blatant about it but it was still there all the same

Not OP but he wasn't half bad. Acting as a whole was pretty great. If anything I just wish there were some traditional effects in the movie instead of all the shitty cgi but that's just modern horror films in general.

Just got back. Fucking loved it. Wasn't scary, but had all the heart and sincerity you could hope for. The humor was great, the kids were great, Pennywise was fucking fantastic, and the movie didn't waste any time. 2 hours well spent. God damn. This is why movies can be good. It felt like an adventure. I genuinely gave a shit about these kids and the first genuine fight with It was really well shot. The Stranger Things kid was great but that's also because he got to play Richie. All the kids brought it.

>Welcome to the losers' club, asshole!

Favorite scene.

And Bill dropped Georgie's lego turtle.

The director said that while he wasn't going to feature the turtle, he was going to have lots of subtle background stuff.

yeah, because they hate homeschooled people retard. did you watch the movie?

pretty much agree. had flaws but it was still fun. reminded me a lot of early 90s kid movies. everyone at the theatre seemed to enjoy it.

i was waiting the whole time for him to call him a nigger and it never happened. I want my money back

AYO

God, I can't believe that they bullied him for being a dirty fucking HOMESCHOOLER!

While it stayed fairly faithful, it did skirt along the edge of source loyalty sometimes. Nothing wrong with that, but the sequel needs to tighten it up a bit or it'll lose its grand scale and just be a monster movie. The end fight was extremely satisfying, despite some pacing lapses earlier.

Pennywise was hit and miss. He was a bit too goofy at times, and the boggly eyes looked good sometimes, but they didnt make him look scary in the way the pin-prick iris lenses they used with Tim Curry did. He never looked really savage and inhuman. Glad they had the deadlights though, and it was a great touch when the unloaded gun hurt pennywise, a clue to him being a slave to his own power.

It wasnt perfect, but it was pretty good. It'll live and die on the sequel.

>Turtle in the lake
>Lego turtle on Georgie's nightstand

>Killing the second biggest bad guy of the second movie
Why did they do this?

>NO MAN CAN KILL ME. I WILL FEED ON YOUR FLESH AND FEAST ON YOUR FEAR.
>*Bev steps out from behind the group*
>I am no man!
>*Delivers the final silver bullet into Pennywise*
>The show's over freakshow!

What the actual fuck were the writers thinking with this scene? The only thing worse was the fat guy sitting next to me chowing down on a bottomless bucket of popcorn for the whole movie. I actually enjoyed It a lot when I stopped thinking of it as a horror movie and more as a coming of age movie with horror elements. Pennywise and Richie and Bev are all great. Not to say the other kids are bad, but Mike wasn't developed enough and the other kids had a couple of lame lines, but nothing to spoil the movie. I would give It a solid 8/10 on the objective quality of the movie, but a 10/10 on how much I enjoyed It.

Who's the second biggest bad guy? I didn't read the book.

I could see them being retarded and still saying he landed in water, didn't die, and washed up somewhere, getting charged with the murders.

Henry doesn't die, only is imprisoned, so he stabs the fuck out of Mike in the book when they're adults.

DOUGIE JONES FOR CELEBB

Stupid way to finish his story in the movie but he most likely didn't die.

Needs to be made into a long ass mini series and every must stick to the source material to the tooth. I liked the movie and it was a good horror flick but it still doesn't get the feeling of the novel at all.

We will never get a perfect IT film/show

>ancient evil gets the shit beat out of him by a bunch of kids

How embarrassing. It was still a pretty good scene though.

Homeschoolers are pretty bad though. they are responsible for 50% of the crime in America

wow, he REALLY hates homeschoolers

I'm disappointed the Losers Club's historian shifted from Mike to Ben, not to mention his development in this movie was thin compared to the other losers. Perhaps in the sequel Mike will get more screentime since he's the only member to stay in Derry as the town librarian.

Mike was the token homeschooler, he was shoe-horned in enough as it is

Homeschoolers really are the worst, aren't they?

wtf, its actually true. what timeline did i wake up in?

My prediction is that in Part 2 they'll show a flashback of Henry being saved from the fall by Pennywise and being told something like "I'm not finished with you yet" or "You're still useful to me".

My only reason for thinking this is because Henry is a huge antagonist in the grownup portion of the story.

Once a homeschooler, always a homeschooler, am i right or what boys?

I'm a little pissed that they completely fudged up each of the Loser's initial encounter with Pennywise. The only one that stayed faithful was Eddie's encounter with the Leper.

I really wanted to watch Ben see Pennywise at the canal.

This was only "chapter one" maybe (but not likely) it will be covered in "chapter two".
This film is probably too high brow for a lot of people.

This.
The film could literally stand on it's own as a coming of age movie, all the horror bits removed, and still be phenomenal. How the FUCK did they manage to do that?

Maybe Patrick's past is brought up by Mike in the sequel and becomes sickened by his sadism and animal cruelty. Then when he opens the fridge (where Stan's head comes out of) he also finds the dead animals and winged leeches to scare him shitless.

Sad that we will have to wait 27 years for the sequel

Is it actually spooky or is it DUDE JUMPSCARES?

>make Patrick Hockstetter hot
>take out the scene where he sucks dick

Hacks.

It's DUDE JUMPSCARES but probably the best execution you'll ever see.

Who should they cast for Chapter 2?

>but it fucked with Canon
The book isn't even good, I'm happy the 1990 miniseries and this movie change it up from King's Cocaine filled rants

Bothered me too. I get that it makes sense because Ben's bookish but replacing his engineering prowess with Mike's interest in Derry's history is stupid.

ur mom

This is wrong.

The scares are never surprising, but deeply creepy and spooky. But they're never, ever out of nowhere.

In another thread, someone described them as, instead of "boo!" they're "oh no, oh no, oh shit, oh shit, oh SHIT OH SHIT!"

Bullshit.
My abandoned local theater actual had over 3/4 of all seats filled for opening night tonight, this NEVER happens, not even for meme movies like Wonder Woman. This shit is spitting out money and there's no way execs will wait 27 years to bring the cows home.

It's full of jumpscares.

Mike isn't shoe-horned in the book, he's given as much development as the rest of the losers and is practically the main character of the adult section.

Are they annoying?

Pennywise jumps a lot, yeah. Also a couple of dancescares too.

ALL HOMESCHOOLERS MUST HANG

I was never surprised at any jump scare. They're all the same. Either it will build tension with silence or the music will amp up really loud and cut out then boom back on. It's all the same in any movie ever. It's a fucking terrible gimmick I wish would die.

What made the movie so creepy was just the creepy characters always popping in and out. The jump scares sucked and the whole last part with the house was dicks. It was literally just fifteen minutes of jump scares and it just felt so out of touch. When he made the three doors that shit got stupid real fast.

>he doesn't want to see the boys tear up that firecrotch

This movie helped me a lot. Lots of spooky things have been happing in my house lately and I haven't been able to sleep without the feeling of being osberved for the last week.
I don't think I'll fear it any longer though.

>produced by new line
>timeline moved up to 1989 where kids would be scared by movie monsters of that era

Man, they had the perfect opportunity to swap out one of IT's monster forms like the wolfman for Freddy Krueger. They could've brought Robert Englund back for just one scene.

they even showed the poster for NOES5

>tfw homeschooled

>early 2000's CRT in Bills living room
>Late 2000's honda visible in background outside bevs house

NO
STOP THAT
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET SCARED
GOD DAMN I'M GETTING SO HUNGERY A"SAFD ASDSASDF FSDFF@%R

HOW HIGH IS YOUR AUTISM?

People(news sites) would've jumped on it so hard because who cares that the bad guys do scummy shit it's a big story about how It condones racism

I feel sorry for Finn. he's typecast.

I know IT came first but it just felt like stranger things.

Post panty mound pic

What should I get?

I upset they didnt tell Bevs actress to grow out her pubes.

Guys I just saw a clown outside my window doing the Charleston wha

Fucking really? That would've been perfect.

>they killed the bully too early
>that scene with Georgie getting his arm ripped off could have been done better
>the jewish kid had like nothing going for him, poorly fleshed out character
>could have had a better final battle, maybe have the kids throw rocks as it tries to crawl away

But

BUT

It was still fucking awesome.

I can't wait for the sequel when we see that Pennywise is not a giant spider but is instead a will-o'-the-wisp

There was no need to focus on the Jew since he dies in the opening of part 2

You open the next movie with Stan killing himself to establish a returning threat, screenwriting 101

For fucks sakes he was the first one to leave the group at the end.

didnt he have spider legs when he was trying to kill bill?

There's plenty of reason to focus on him in act 1, given that he's your emotional pull to get you back in. He felt like the weakest actor and the least fleshed out, also his monster was some hot topic bullshit.

They were more crab claws. Loved that shit though, even getting his shit kicked in It was still having fun.

Guy with good taste here.
This film was fantastic, and it actually is better than the original in many (but not all) respects. Anyone who is on the fence, give it a look, even if you just torrent it. It's the first horror movie in a while that's making me think about scary shit hours after I left the theater. In particular, the violent deaths of child characters I found pretty disturbing. Haven't seen a movie that did that outside of artsy Eurotrash movies.

Why didn't the Losers Club say that the nigger was getting beat up instead of saying it was the Home Schooled kid?

It was better than I expected, and miles ahead than the TV specials.

Since they were changing a lot of stuff, I kind of wanted them to wrap everything up in the child period, since the adult side of things was always the weaker side of IT.

who should they cast for the adults in chapter 2?

Jessica Chastain for Bev?

Henry Bowers survived right? They obviously have to pin the string of murders on him.

Saw it. Seemed like a very typical horror movie and of surprisingly poor quality. The cgi had the audience here laughing at parts (the beginning when Georgie's arm got torn off). Mike was underdeveloped. He appeared at the beginning, disappeared for the next half of the movie, then follows everyone to the sewers to fight IT (the other characters have scenes explaining why, but he doesn't). I found Pennywise odd. He was far too creepy for the purpose, seemingly, of scaring the audience. I thought he took the form of a clown specifically when stalking children because he could lure them more easily that way (and also scare them, since clowns can be scary for kids).

I also found the ending a bit weird... I'm not sure if I buy them being able to defeat IT the way they did. They do not allude really why they are able to damage IT. They do specify that he will not eat somebody if they aren't afraid (since they don't taste good) but that doesn't really explain why he won't just KILL them - for example, he didn't have to eat the unfrightened Beverly... he could have just killed her with his bare hands since he was strong enough to lift her off the ground by her neck with one hand.
The other kids defeat him by physically beating him up. I found that a bit dubious because the punishment he takes is extreme and THAT point being the cutoff seemed arbitrary. He takes a fire stoker through the face no problem, but then they beat him with some pipes and baseball bats (while he is throwing the kids several feet through the air into the brick wall, which they survive no problem somehow) and then he just is somehow at 0 HP and fucks off back to the sewer. I just thought it was odd... why should I believe that that would hurt him? He's a magic, psychic, telekinetic, cosmic entity who appears to be nearly invincible... but then some pipes and baseball bats hurt it. They left out the necessary part in the book: weaknesses of forms he turns into, and power of will/belief.

I enjoyed it, I'll go again this weekend.

Stephen King is a fucking hack, and I don't get all the autists vehemently defending the canon as if it's something worthy to be revered. Anything that is able adapt his shit books into something coherent ought to be applauded.

She would be perfect but i doubt she will do horrorshit

>He appeared at the beginning, disappeared for the next half of the movie, then follows everyone to the sewers to fight IT
Brainlet. He saw that shit at the beginning with his parents trying to get out as they were burning, remember?

I think the film assumes the audience can handle subtlety so it doesn't feel the need to paint you a fucking mural.

In your case, maybe they were wrong.

>Mike is still one of the few black people in Derry so of course he would be harassed by bullies for it.

I grew up during the 80s/early 90s and you have it backward. When I lived in a highly diverse place, racism was rampant.

When I lived in a mostly white small town, the one or two black kids were treated extra special, everybody went out of their way to be nice to them, and nobody would have tolerated anybody disrespecting them for a second.

Literally like pic related, I assume this was taken in a small town school without much diversity.

bc it was 1989 and some kids have decency. at least it seems the losers club do...douche.

I thought henry did mention him being a nigger and he said he wished it was him that torched down the house. maybe he never said nigga, but he mentioned the latter.

Bill literally explains now IT is afraid because it can no longer feed on their fear. How is that hard to grasp?