Was Bennett gay?

Was Bennett gay?
Or just australian?

He just needed to let off some steam.

Heh.

There's a difference?

Yes

Let off some steam, Bennet.

He was obsessed with Matrix, probably wanted to be his power bottom.

This
It's also hard to tell whether he's retarded and inbred

Commando is probably the movie I've rewatched the most times and I always walk away feeling that Vernon Welles played Bennett as a scorned lover. He practically looks like he's creaming his jeans whenever Matrix is saying how instead of shooting him he could stick his big 'knife' in him.

The film makes it pretty obvious as Arnold penetrated him with a pipe. You don't get clearer context than that.

>Australian
>Retarded
>Inbred

Pick three.

for sure he wanted on matrix's shit. i've always read the film this way.

also in Predator mac & blaine were lovers.

Makes sense.
They never say why matrix kicked him out of their old unit

>im not gonna shoot you in the head
>im gonna shoot you in the BOLLZ

His "chainmail" is a sweater vest. A fucking SWEATER VEST!

>this is considered a threatening villain in the 80's

The funny thing is that as a kid I did think Bennett was intimidating as fuck. Sure, he wasn't as cut as Arnold but to me he was a big guy.

It wasn't until when I got older that I realize how ridiculous he was. It turns out that just having a crazy and intense performance goes a long way.

Did you know they originally casted a younger buffer dude but he dropped out?
the costume was even fitted for him, so its kinda baggy on vernon wells

I always figured Bennet was past his prime and kinda let himself go, but still held a grudge against Matrix for years. Kidnaps his daughter to prove he can still hang but obviously, he couldn't.

Meanwhile Matrix is lifting trees and shit and staying swole as fuck

>Slitting a little girl's throat is like cutting warm butter.

Rando Commando Thought: What if Jenny wasn't actually Matrix's daughter. She was his girlfriend in a weird daddy/daughter roleplay relationship. And everyone went along with it because Matrix was such a badass.