Unpopular opinions/thoughts

What if the Disney Star Wars films and television shows and books aren't actually that bad and it's just because of my age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Star Wars has always been bad.

>Empire Strikes Back
>bad
Lol okay

no no if they were genuinely good like the original trilogy all ages would enjoy them like they did the OT

>3rd highest grossing film for TFA
>kids and adults aren't enjoying them
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

You nailed it op. Return of the Jedi is legitimately awful, and the prequels are fucking dogshit, but people who saw them when they were 10 think they're great. The new Star Wars is pretty great, it's just a fairly obvious morality play that is dull when you're over 20. People are expecting to be moved like they were at 10 and it ain't gonna happen.

Many of you are way too into perverted shit

Haven't seen a single ep of GoT and I'm not sure I'll ever pick it up simply because it looks really boring and needlessly longwinded.

they're not bad, but they are way overhyped. Everything since ESB has been hype overkill.

Watch GOT, S1 to S4 is fantastic television

its not its fucking garbage dont listen to literal redditors

If TFA was the first Star Wars movie it would have made half as much money.

S1 to S4 is not garbage you fucking retard

it is you redditor watch a good show once in a while

How do you rationalize that when TFA made more money that every OT film?

The BLACKEDposter is one of the best things about Sup Forums

Calm down

Fucking this

Yes. They are childrens movies but I seriously cannot fathom how George thought the prequels were a good idea.

Although when you adjust for inflation, A New Hope is the third highest grossing movie of all time.

You sure?

>What if the Disney Star Wars films and television shows and books aren't actually that bad and it's just because of my age?
But I still love the OT and enjoy the PT.

What if they're bad because they've been turned into globalist propaganda?

>muh globalist propaganda meme
Nah, might just be a YOU problem.

>But I still love the OT and enjoy the PT.
Well, the OT is timeless and the PT is only enjoyable as a comedy...if that's what you meant.

>the Empire has literally been canonically xenophobic for almost 4 straight decades.
>this triggers kids now,all of a sudden, because of identity politics on both ends of the autism spectrum.

>tfw no one will ever know my nostalgia of watching the original star wars movie in a econoline wagon on small CRT tv during a family trip across the nation

>i approve of feminism, race mixing and social justice being injected into my aimed-at-children space monkey movies
kys you brainwashed commie

>I'm so fucked in the head by Sup Forums where I think race mixing is bad or something kids can't see in movies.
It's okay to be triggered.

no, The Force Awakens is that bad. Its premise (First Order and "Resistance")doesn't make ANY sense. While certain parts of the original trilogy didn't make sense, the overall story did and followed some kind of logic.

>literally makes sense in the Aftermath books.

>While certain parts of the original trilogy didn't make sense, the overall story did and followed some kind of logic.
I feel like you just answered your own question in 3 years from now.

Fight the power, queen.

I wonder what compels you to leave your board and start shit just to get offended at?

>literally nothing to do with Why race mixing is apparently bad.

>leave your board
>literally a sjw shill on 4chin
probably the ree-ing libshit shill invaders like yourself that keep giving him replies
just a guess
but you can't resist replying because you're fucking insane and are on a sjw crusade to silence all dissentors
again, just guessing

>arguing with myself

Wew, lad. You sure do sound excitable.

In A New Hope, links are established between Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan, and Darth Vader. The empire murdered Luke's guardians, and his father (technically) so it's clear who is good, bad, and why Luke should even be involved.
We know nothing about Rey, she has no reason not to surrender BB-8 immediately to the First Order. Her only problem with Kylo Ren is that she won't give up the droid, but why not? Why does it matter to her?

So 2 things:

1. Rey has more than enough established for why she wants to leave Jakku in any capacity and join others.
2. There are still 2 other films with the same projected information that the OT offered later on.

In TLJ, we get to find out who Snoke is, what Luke's deal is and Rey's more than obvious origins about her brain wipe.

>The new Star Wars is pretty great, it's just a fairly obvious morality play that is dull when you're over 20. People are expecting to be moved like they were at 10 and it ain't gonna happen.
Bullshit. I saw A New Hope for the first time last year, and that film has 10 times the gravitas that TFA has. TFA has nothing on this:
youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8

Or when Han comes back to save Luke from Vader and his men. Or Luke's arc in general. Or how Leia perfectly works off of Luke and Han's characters.
>Somebody has to save our skins.
Get fucked, man.

>In TLJ, we get to find out who Snoke is, what Luke's deal is and Rey's more than obvious origins about her brain wipe.
Sounds so awesome! I already preordered my tickets!

Literally nobody is comparing the two.

There is more to life than complaining all the time, faglord.

>The new Star Wars is pretty great[...]People are expecting to be moved like they were at 10 and it ain't gonna happen.
If you do not see the obvious implication I was replying to, I don't know what to tell you.

god i hate modern hollywood

>I honestly believe that Hollywood dictates people's private Twitter accounts.

Not that user.

>There is more to life than complaining all the time, faglord.
>If you do not see the obvious implication I was replying to, I don't know what to tell you.
take your meds, degenerate

>take your meds, degenerate
???

There are 15 posters here, buddy. What are you even on about?

What exactly defines something as "degenerate"?

TFA managed to invalidate the prior six movie's events. On that ground alone it is an utter failure of a film

What does any of this mean?