Jared Leto Blinded Himself to Get Into Character for Blade Runner 2049

Jared Leto Blinded Himself to Get Into Character for Blade Runner 2049

etonline.com/jared-leto-blinded-himself-get-character-blade-runner-2049-86828

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelter_(2014_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine how ridiculous Ford must find that shit

I'M ACTING

>Close eyes
>Blind myself
LOCK ME UP

Man he's trying too hard to be the next Daniel Day Lewis

Jared Leto got in character as a huge fucking faggot in preparation for playing himself in his own biopic

why do they keep giving him roles even though hes gone full bruce willis?

He only cares about paycheck at this point.

method acting is a crutch for people who can't act

quick lads, someone cast him as a eunuch

What did he do in preparation for his role in the Oliver Stone Alexander movie? Refused to wear pants while only speaking Greek? Fuck teen boys? Slaughter Iranians on the street?

"THAT'S AN ORIGINAL!"

Was it autism?

I loved him as The Joker

I want more

Some say Harrison Ford did nothing at all to get into character.

Absolute Madman

Tryhard of the year(s)

You can genuinely see his hatred for the character.

>Dustin Hoffman has long been known as one of method acting’s most earnest exponents. A showbiz story involves his collaboration with Laurence Olivier on the 1976 film Marathon Man. Upon being asked by his co-star how a previous scene had gone, one in which Hoffmann’s character had supposedly stayed up for three days, Hoffmann admitted that he too had not slept for 72 hours to achieve emotional verisimilitude. “My dear boy,” replied Olivier smoothly, “why don’t you just try acting?”

He did a good job when Christian Bale killed him in that movie with the digits.

There's isn't such thing as try hard moron. He does what works for him and you complain. He even said the rumors of his "antics" on SS set were 95% hype and weren't true

>"He could not see at all. He was walking with an assistant, very slowly. It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple," he recalled. "Everybody became super silent, and there was a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe. It was so beautiful and powerful -- I was moved to tears."
Is this a fucking joke I can't even tell anymore

Method acting is so retarded as a concept, but plebs go.

>hurr but my Daniel Day-Lewis

B A S E D

>Refused to wear pants while only speaking Greek?
>Fuck teen boys?
>Slaughter Iranians on the street?
Based AF

Lel

This is nothing new. I remember seeing in the director's commentary that Harrison Ford actually retired replicants for 6 months to get into character for the original.

>joker update

>mfw

he looks like he just finished beating his wife

BASED JARED SAVED THAT FLICK

who else is going to be sad when in a couple years we learn harrison ford has been dealing with earl onset alzheimers since 2013?

Donnie Yen did that for Rogue one and didn't make such a big fuss about it. Stop trying so hard, Leto

It's almost like the actor can act you retard.

I like to imagine he fought hard for his right to wear his own t- shirts during filming and refused to sign any contracts unless he could wear his tees whenever he wanted.

Rekt.

Literally showed up in the T-shirt and jeans he slept in the previous night then villeneuve says yeah thats good

I love it when actors go the extra mile, like how JConn got a bunch of guys of craigslist to help her nail this role.

>tfw dad looks exactly like him with different hair and acts the same way

>method acting
>Goose
>Nolan 1.5 directing

shit confirmed. Well, maybe we'll get some nice memes.

>Everybody became super silent, and there was a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe. It was so beautiful and powerful -- I was moved to tears
more like little joe the light guy didn't feel like getting yelled at by a diva today

lmao thanks

why does he hate han solo but likes indiana jones?

FUCKING SAUCE

It's not really that retarded, it's just so many hacks do it and it becomes this sort of goal to reach for amateurs.

"Man if I stay in character for 24 hours maybe I'll be a better actor"

Method acting is the lowest of the low. Try some Meisner you pleb.

Absolute madman!

noone will take you seriously leto after """"""""the joker""""""""".

Watch the Blade Runner 2039 prologue on youtube, he plays an interesting character

This reads like his x-treme practical jokes on cast and crew when he was deep into the tortured character of the joker. It's surprising no one has yet

MOM'S

I honestly like him for that.

2deep4me

Indy is cool.
Also, Ford gets to be the star instead of sharing screen time with a giant Yorkshire.

>it's real
fucking lol

What movie?

I need to watch the fight club scene again where he gets beaten to a pulp.
god, this faggot ruins everything.

Indiana Jones fans and kids im guessing are a bit more tolerable to be around than greasy starwars nerds

>get home after a long day riding around on the subway, staring intensely at cute replicants
>take off my trenchcoat and throw it onto my bedroom floor
>notice how worn the fabric is
>it's covered in rips and chinese food and still reeks of the time I spilled one of my piss jars on it
>pick up the coat and inhale deeply
>remember all the great times I've had wearing this classic trench
>put it back on, one last time
>one final bladerun
>stride mysteriously out of my room
>travel up the corridor
>step into my mother's room to ask her to drive me to the shops so she can buy me another raincoat I can glue cotton balls to
>my mother is on the bed, four fingers plunging furiously in and out of her quivering vagina
>she's shocked but too close to cumming to stop
>about to back out but the trench infuses me with the spirit of the bladerunner
>leap onto the bed and whip out my phimosis encrusted dick
>stab at my mothers engorged labia, ejaculating dark grey semen all over her hand
>collapse on top of her, whimpering "I...I've seen things you normies wouldn't believe... dumb frogposters getting banned off the board of Sup Forums... I watched cp spammed in tomorrow theme during gamergate... all those moments will be lost in time, like dubs in the archive... time to check 'em"
>take the coat off my face
>I'm actually lying in a gutter
>covered in shit and garbage
>my mom kicked me out six months ago due to my NEET lifestyle
>pop the collar on my crusty bladerunner raincoat
>point my fingers to the stars like a gun
>fire the gun and bring my finger to my lips and blow
>"See you, space robots..."
>tense my bowels as hard as I can and shit diarrhoea down my legs for warmth as I roll over for the night
>it's going to be a long 2049

Next up: Jared Leto cuts own arm off to play character in new movie "The Amputee"

>*impales self with shrapnel and metallic debris*
>*goes on a murderous robotic rampage*
Just method acting as a bloodthirsty android brehhh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelter_(2014_film)

Someone cast him as the headless horseman pls.

if true, that's just an ego problem.

he has plenty of memorable characters outside of han solo. just because solo is his most popular doesn't mean that it's his entire legacy: but his ego fails to realize this.

>For Jared's new role as a New York garbage man, he took out some actual garbage during the test read

Throw away the key on this guy! He's not right!

>me on the right

I lost every respect I had for Ford after he agreed to make an Indiana Jones 4.
Sames goes for Spielberg.
Stupid hacks that only care about money, atleast there are several interviews where Ford is honest about it.

why

I would sell out for $20 mill. Can't hear the critics from inside my soundproof mansion

>Jared Leto spent a whole week telling people he wasn't actually Jared Leto but his twin brother, "Lared Jeto".

>last day of shooting there's suddenly two Jared Letos on set arguing over who gets to play the scene

Jimmy: "Did you get emotional when you put on the..."
Ford: "No I got paid!"

>Jared Leto wrapped an empty box and gave it to co-star Cara Delevingne for her birthday. A note inside read "UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY, HA HA HA".

This guy is out of control

>already pulling the "Jared Leto did something insane for the role in a vain attempt at method acting" card

It's going to suck isn't it?

>Jared Leto went an entire week without washing his hands after urinating. After each visit to the bathroom he would make a point of shaking one of the crew by the hand then recoiling in mock disgust, shouting "Urgh, you've got piss hands!"

>Refused to wear pants while only speaking Greek? Fuck teen boys? Slaughter Iranians on the street?

>why do people keep watching him and giving him money even though hes gone full bruce willis?

Fixed that for you.

Ford has been pretty clear about the fact that he fucking hates Han Solo from the bottom of his heart. But the jews turned that into a marketing thing as well and people ate it up.

Harrison Ford probably has brain damage from crashing his planes all the time.

>sequel to a movie released 35 years ago, subject to a million revisions, and remembered almost exclusively for having good special effects
It's stillborn.

Why did they hire Ryan Gosling? Leto is more promising than that autist.

Whats with bruce?

Roger Daltrey probably did better acting as a Blind Tommy. Fuck Leto.

Using contacts that blind you in order to play a blind character is a simple, sensible thing to do.

He doesn't give a fuck no more and acts like a cunt in interviews.

Ford is very much the same, except like I said they made it a marketing thing so people see Ford's behavior as a good thing compared to Bruce.

>Jared Leto gets a role as a racist neo-nazi
>personally calls Obama IRL
>call him a satanic nigger to prepare for the role

what a pretentious attention whore, as if that would prepare him any better to play a role.
If you want to see someone play a blind man well go watch "the scent of a woman".
So far i loved every movie Denis Villeneuve has made, but casting Jared Leto and Ryan Gosling was not a good decision. But that was probably a decision by the pruduction company as big movies like this one are more of a commercial product, and these two guys were simply cast because they are popular.
Im calling it, the movie will have no own identity and it will just be references to the first one to cater to the fans. And just like the new Star Wars movies, people are gonna love it because they think reusing the same plot or the same vehicles or charactrs makes for a good movie

>bike touring in easteurope on a bike that costs a year's wage here

absolute madman indeed

>as if that would prepare him any better to play a role
Why wouldn't it? Actually not being able to see is better than pretending not to see.

did he do heroin for requiem for a dream?

I am going to cosplay as Deckard.

i've been doing it my entire life

>why do they keep giving him roles even though hes gone full bruce willis?
great agent

>"Get me the fuck out of here"

Isn't it like every old Ford character approach?