/trek/

How would you have fixed Chakotay? edition

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kolinahr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Self-sacrifice for the Sky Spirits in S01E02.

Also:
-
-
-
A̡̛̝̼͓̺͕̻̔̆̋̌̈̒̐ͦ͛ͨͩ͆͒̉̄͛͟-̨̮̰̹̟̳̦̫̤̮̞̩̪͍̮̰̖̻͉̈́͌͛͌̒̎ͦ͗͞ǩ̵̨̬͕̭͎́̎͌̽ͮ̂ͣͪ͑̆͒̋́̚h̶͖̯̖͙̯̯̼̔̈́ͮ̑ͮ̓̚̕̕ͅơ̵̞̖̥͙̖͙̦̓̃ͩ̔́͘͜͟o̵̮̦͙͕̙ͬ͂́̂͗̈́ͬͩͣ͂̉ͅ-̶̡̧̧̱̺̻̦̞̪̙̹̮͎̮̫̠ͬ̂ͬͤ̔ͩͯ̓͟c̩̳͔̮̞͍͓̫̳̞͚̗̙̗̤̳̽͊̏̈̔ͬ͊̍̐ͬͣ̐ͯ̐ͧ̊͝h̵̯̩̯͓̗̺̖̖̘͖̳̜̰̱͋̾̋ͬ͋̊̾̔͌ͬ̈́̕͞ͅȩ̛͚̝͕̠͔̭̦̗̙̞͖̳̖͎̞̞̹ͨ͑̋̍͐̔̉ͮ̓͡e̢̦̞̜̤͕͕̫͉͓͍̪̣̯͛ͬͣ̔͌̄͂́̉̈́̾͑͟-̵̡̛͙͈̦̫̦͓͍̼͚͖̪̬̪͖͎̃̔̎̆͌ͭ̄ͭ̌̆̋͂ͫ̒͜͠m̨̞̙̼͓̭̖̥̩͍̻̰͈̥̪̈ͨ̓͑̌̊̑̄́õ͉̦̣̗̞̝̗̥̦̣̥̞͚͎̹̝̦̊̿͌̓ͧ̈͛ͪ̐͂ͬ́͛͗̓͟͞ÿ̭̯͙̝̰́̆͐̂ͧͫ̉͑̿̀͟a̧̺̝̳̬ͮ͐̆͆ͤͫͧ͊̍͛̾̊͂ͣ̀͟͜

Replace him with this guy

Get rid of him altogether, the mystical superstition doesn't match with the science of star trek or the values of starfleet. If you want to do something like that then just replace him with an alien who actually have abilities of some kind.

Less spiritualism, obviously (didn't work on DS9, why would it work on VOY)
Less pushing muh heritage (not even Sisko or Picard were that bad)
More conflict between Maquis and crew, where he has to mediate and maybe establish a character
An actor, that can act and actually gives a fuck about Star Trek

>More conflict between Maquis and crew, where he has to mediate and maybe establish a character
yeah, there are like two conflicts in the first two seasons
wtf, I thought maquis and starfleet were mortal enemies.

THEY BETRAYED THE UNIFORM

dey dook rr gerbs

I'M GOIN UP TO THE SPIRIT IN THE SKY

>That plastic surgery look

Yes, I'd be happy to post another picture at your request.

>replying to the skeletor-spammer

You want another one, too? Don't mind if I do.

>the "advisor" that the VOY writing staff hired was nothing more than a scammer and con-artist who wasn't even Native American to begin with
This, but in-universe. Chakotay’s a con artist who got in over his head. Basically a mixture of Moist von Lipwig and Ciaphas Cain.

Social protest groups in the real world love seeming to have Oppressed Minorities™ on their side, even if the actual oppression was against the present minority’s ancestors and the oppressors are long since dead. Unfortunately, I can hardly imagine this changing in the future.

Scamming the Maquis for a high-ranking position probably seemed like a great idea, right up until they went from a bunch of peaceful if annoying protesters to deciding to take on both the Cardassians and Federation Starfleet simultaneously while only equipped with a bunch of civilian ships.

Just before Chakotay was able to get out of this suicidal situation, he got lost in the Delta Quadrant along with his former Maquis crew, where for obvious reasons (being stuck aboard the same starship at years at high warp from Federation space), he couldn’t escape them, so he had to continue his act. This only got even more unpleasant for him when the Voyager crew also fell for it.

I want him to give me a hug and be my friend

Agreed. Frakes is like a big teddy bear.

that nigga chakotay isnt even a real native american nigga
nigga he doesnt even put a feather in his hair like this real native american nigga

sharpie in pooper

Eww, and double eww.

lol old people amiright

She looks pretty hot here. Sirtis looks like a fish.

He had the same problem as most of the cast, the writers never do anything with them.

The look on Tucker's face is priceless.

Delete all those native american mumbo jumbo episodes.

There I just fixed most of the problems with him.

With old people you really have to catch them at certain angles. This is probably the hottest picture of current Gates McFadden in existence.

Giving him an actual personality would be a start. Chakotay should've been a wily, charismatic guy who would've been competiton to Janeway for the respect and leadership of the crew.

They could have deleted him and I don't think anything profound would have changed.

Dude has no charisma, no tech or science skills.

chakotay marry janeway instead of 7 there is more chemistry between Catherine and him

He was ok

Give him big ol set of bolt on tits.

Janeway and 7 had much more chemistry with each other than either of them ever had with Chuckles.

Only the mauquis that defected from star fleet are comsidered enemies, it was a whole thing in TNG that there were a lot of star fleet members that sympithysed with the cause of people fighting for their homes.

>it's a 'severely autistic manchild with superpowers sexually assaults female crewmembers' episode

The Virgin Vulcan VS The Chad Klingon
someone make it

I was genuinely disturbed when he wiped that one girl's face away with his powers. You hear her muffled screaming, then she walks around the corner into view and her fucking face is gone. That's damn good tv.

Who DIDN'T Jadzia DAX?

He was too submissive to Janeway. He starts to fight back on her decisions. And then she gets turned on. They fuck. Tadaa some real fucking drama.

Chakotay should have forced his a coochie moya up Janeway's shitter

Okay, I need to know what this is about. I hope it's as hilarious as I think it will be.

*injun flute starts playing*

Who was in the wrong here?

I can't let a Trek thread die. I offer you my fattest Riker. I hope you like this image.

>Chakotay spends several months alone with Janeway on a planet where they are the only two people
>they don't fuck
I still can't wrap my head around this

She pegged him

The eagle wasn't telling him to.

how do you think they both got space aids in the first place?

THICC

can someone post it?

kill him off at some point
a sacrifice to save the crew

>the mystical superstition doesn't match with the science of star trek

But DS9...

riker, when the mcdonalds closed

>TOS
A young captain has to make his way in the exploration of unknown space showcasing how humanity has changed from its devious past, helped by a crew of normal people and the only half human vulcan
>TNG
An older captain past his prime is in charge of the federation flagship while he has to joggle between ambassadorial work, exploration and space security with a different commanding style. He is helped by a crew of normal people and the only known human made android
>VOY
A federation captain is stuck in an unknown region of space and will have to use her wits and scarce resources to survive while trying her hardest to not compromise her morals. She is helped by a bunch of normal people and one sentient hologram
>ENT
Humanity first steps in the galaxy. A young captain and his crew of normal people has to face the unknown with little to no resources and allies and pave the road for future generations
>DS9
Sisko is the chosen one created to bring balance to the wormhole aliens. He is helped in this by the magic shapeshifter member of an ancient super evolved alien race, a super enhanced human smarter than Data, the special unique Klingon raised by humans, the know-it-all alien symbiont in the hot lady etc.
He also has the most powerful ship in federation history and he doesn't give a FUCK about Federation rules because he is a badass!!!!!

Damn Sisko really is based as fuck

>a crew of normal people
Picard cherrypicked the best officers in starfleet you goon.

well now, I doubt Bashir was smarter than Data and Worf was a part of the TNG crew as well.
I do kinda agree that Sisko's storyline went to shit when they made him half-prophet. completely unnessecary development

Riker, when he was kicked out of Golden Corral

They bridged the gap by making their spiritual nature ambiguous. It was plausible for them to be transcendent entities because the nature of their existence was explained.

Picard's crew was a bunch of misfits
An half-betazoid that can only "sense" emotions
A blind engineer
A retarded klingon
A first officer that fucked up all his away missions
A security officer that literally died
Fucking Barclay
The most competent was the kid no one liked

WE

Delet

Chakotays actor hated trek, demanded better pay, and was generally horrible on screen

Why did they do this?

>Allies himself with the guys who said they would destroy Cardassia and made the klingons attack they in the first place

they needed someone really obnoxious to make their strong woman look good.

killed him off in the first episode

Dr Bashir?

You need to stop this, it makes google think the pave is in vietnamese

I'm Barclay

I know right, not like Kirk was a Christian, or vulans used magic to purge themselves of emotion or anything

make him become an alcholic just like his ancestors. he then grows his hair long and pisses everywhere and uses a bow and arrow instead of a phaser

Literally perfect.

You're unironically right, the Vulcans didn't purge themselves of emotion. They still feel emotions, much more strongly than humans do. Pay attention.

Humans don't bow down to the Borg.

>the Vulcans didn't purge themselves of emotion

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kolinahr
>Kolinahr (ko-li-naar), as a word, described both the Vulcan ritual by which all remaining vestigial emotions were demonstrated as purged, and the mental discipline whereby this state was subsequently maintained.

And only some of the Vulcans went through with it.

I never said they didn't, point is it's monastic quasi-religiousness is no different to Chakotay's spiritual, quasi-religious stuff

You also described it as magic and I don't see any indication of that.

One is fictional and alien, the other is supposed to really exist irl. Also, I can't recall when it is stated, that Kirk is christian, care to elaborate?

all kidding aside, lieutenant barclay is pretty cute isnt he?

>"Mankind has no need for gods. We find the one quite adequate."

>- Kirk to Apollo, on how Humanity has changed since Apollo left Earth

I mean technically he could be talking about Allah or the flying Spaghetti Monster, but he believes in one God, which be default I assume to be the Christian God.

faggot

Ah, so it's projection then.

>It's a Chakotay gets his ass beaten episode

I don't think so, explain how you reached that conclusion

You project your own Christianity onto others.

Fine. But regardless, Kirk is religious, so the original statement that "the mystical superstition doesn't match with the science of star trek or the values of starfleet" is wrong because Kirk was just as religious as Chakotay

I agree, but be accurate in your statements, please.

What Kirk said to Apollo isn't projection. It's just information.

I wouldn't say that is proof of christian belief, but I agree, that the Federation is far from an atheistic society. Whenever questioned about their beliefs I can't recall any situation where officers/personnel ever said they were atheists, they always deflected. The problem with Choucrouté's religion, is that it at times is basically confirmed as being a valid religion, not just some aliens/primitive humans reaction to higher evolved aliens and is shown in a fairly positive light, which I don't think matches the ideals of the series.

What Kirk said to Apollo isn't Christianity.

Explain

reminder he unironically has what the Doctor calls the "crazy gene". And this episode implies all indians are crazy.

We already concluded this argument, let it go

>oh by the way, one more thing Major
>i fucked your mom lol

>tumblr

>>tumblr

Fuck you.