/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

STOP BEING SO LOUD Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cu9C0y6v7xo
globalgoodnews.com/cultural-news-a.html?art=148148849869155849)
themadchenamick.com/single-post/2017/02/19/Mäd-Love-Balancing-Stress)
tmhome.com/experiences/actress-laura-dern-on-meditation-practice/)
braddstudios.com/2012/05/01/the-world-spins-an-interview-with-julee-cruise/)
chrystabell.com/dl-impact-on-my-life/)
gq.com/story/oral-history-of-david-lynch)
dailyo.in/lifestyle/david-bowie-wendy-leigh-the-man-who-fell-to-earth-love-affairs-mick-jagger-guns-n-roses-slash-kim-fowley/story/1/9510.html)
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1041345/My-style-Screen-siren-Naomi-Watts-reveals-fashion-secrets.html)
medium.com/@frahm9/i-have-collected-all-info-on-twin-peaks-coming-season-that-might-provide-some-insight-on-what-it-cac3e468b871
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/8/twin-peaks-actress-sherilyn-fenn-says-david-lynch-/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that David Lynch is literally a cult leader and most of the main cast members of Twin Peaks: The Return are in on it (suggestibility.org).

please cleanse your aura before posting in this thread
thank you

What was the monster that was being recorded in the box? Where did it go?

Who was the businessman that ordered Dougie's death and why was he killed?

What was the deal with Chad? Why did he exist?

What was the point of Norma and the whole RR franchise thing?

What happened to Ben's secretary that wanted to fuck him?

Whatever happened to that weird guy who did the coin thing to Audrey's son?

What was the deal with Sarah Palmer ripping that guys throat out?

What was the point of Dr. Jacoby and his show?

What was that terrifying monster in the car with the woman that was honking a lot?

What was the point of Audrey and her husband?

Who the fuck were those girls at the Roadhouse constantly?

Why was Coop talking like BobCoop at the diner?

What the FUCK was the ending?

I can't for the life of me make any sense of the Roadhouse scene with the chick with the rash

stop making sense

Can we agree that Annie is the most underrated character in the show?

We live inside a dream, /tpg/

WAKE UP

thanks

Reminder that Annie didn't return in season 3 because Heather Graham didn't want to join TM.

It's just DUDE RANDOM LMAO. Lynch just puts random shit on the screen and his fans call it art.

Is this a joke? All those things were answered in some way or another or are irrelevant.

CAN'T CLIMB TO HEAVEN

>excessive redditspacing
obvious bait

I think that's the point. They give you a tiny bit of info, just enough to make you think you have a grasp on it. Then you try to make sense out of it but eventually fall flat.

I don't know how to describe it, but this has been a consistent thing throughout 90% of scenes in The Return. It feels like everyone but the audience gets this hilarious inside joke. Almost as if the entire show's being is against the existence of an explanation.

So explain then.

I mean the first three are pretty obvious, but I dont know why everyone wants an an explanation or closure on literally every aspect of the show it isnt exactly a new concept to have small unrelated stories in a show/film as worldbuilding.

the only thing I am annoyed about is Red (coin guy) ending up being nothing because his scenes made it seem like he was going to be a big deal. season 4 when?

>What was the monster that was being recorded in the box? Where did it go?

That was Mother/The Experiment. Where did it go? Somewhere else obviously.

>Who was the businessman that ordered Dougie's death and why was he killed?

Seriously? Mr. C paid people to go after Dougie. This was quite obvious.

>What was the deal with Chad? Why did he exist?

He exists in the same way other people exist in TP so yes he does. We don't know if he's dead or not.

>What was the point of Norma and the whole RR franchise thing?

This is still TP. The characters still function and we're getting a glimpse into their future after waiting 25 years.

>What happened to Ben's secretary that wanted to fuck him?

Nothing happened to her.

>Whatever happened to that weird guy who did the coin thing to Audrey's son?

You seem to be under the impression that characters need to have some kind of closure. Nothing happened to him.

>What was the deal with Sarah Palmer ripping that guys throat out?

He fucked with her. She told him to piss off and he wouldn't listen. I mean, it is a free cunt-ry.

>What was the point of Dr. Jacoby and his show?

Again, we're seeing characters from before and how life has treated them since.

>What was that terrifying monster in the car with the woman that was honking a lot?

It was a child who was sick.

>What was the point of Audrey and her husband?

She is a dreamer, user. Keep up.

>Who the fuck were those girls at the Roadhouse constantly?

Part of Audrey's conscious. If you notice, there's a lot of parallel between scenes involving her and conversations that take place at the Roadhouse. They're all connected.

>Why was Coop talking like BobCoop at the diner?

The Coop in Carrie Page's realm/universe/dream/whatever isn't the same Coop we've grown to know. He's not even Coop anymore! We have Richard who isn't quite Coop and isn't quite Mr. C, but maybe a bit of both.

>What the FUCK was the ending?

If you have to ask, you don't deserve to know.

YOU'RE GOING BACK TO MISSOULA

>What was the monster that was being recorded in the box? Where did it go?
Judy, she fucked off
>Who was the businessman that ordered Dougie's death and why was he killed?
Duncan Todd. Because he fucked it up
>What was the deal with Chad? Why did he exist?
Why does anyone exist? Why do you exist?
>What was the point of Norma and the whole RR franchise thing?
What's the point of you and your thing?
>What happened to Ben's secretary that wanted to fuck him?
She got fucked one way or another
>Whatever happened to that weird guy who did the coin thing to Audrey's son?
He got Shelly puss
>What was the deal with Sarah Palmer ripping that guys throat out?
She's inhabited by Jumping man who is Judy's bitch
>What was the point of Dr. Jacoby and his show?
What's the point of David Lynch and his show?
>What was that terrifying monster in the car with the woman that was honking a lot?
she's sick and they're late for dinner aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh aahhhhhhhh
>What was the point of Audrey and her husband?
What's the point of you?
>Who the fuck were those girls at the Roadhouse constantly?
Paying customers
>Why was Coop talking like BobCoop at the diner?
Good and bad Coop had become one
>What the FUCK was the ending?
mindfuckery

>Seriously? Mr. C paid people to go after Dougie. This was quite obvious.
Right, but why? Why did EvilCoop have control over that businessman?

>He exists in the same way other people exist in TP so yes he does. We don't know if he's dead or not.
I meant what was his role in the story. He's just corrupt, is annoying, gets arrested, and that's practically it

>Nothing happened to her.
So why was she in the story? Why devote valuable screentime to that character when it's not going to go anywhere?

>You seem to be under the impression that characters need to have some kind of closure
You're absolutely right, I do

>He fucked with her. She told him to piss off and he wouldn't listen. I mean, it is a free cunt-ry.
Most women don't open their faces and rip somebody's throat out for being creepy

>It was a child who was sick.
Have you seen that thing? Seems like it went beyond "sick"

>The Coop in Carrie Page's realm/universe/dream/whatever isn't the same Coop we've grown to know. He's not even Coop anymore!
Alright that actually makes sense

You're supposed to suck Lynch's cock in this general ya idiot

what the fuck

:^)

You're fucking retarded.

he's just into meditation my dude
not like he's making people give up all their shit and kill themselves

>You're absolutely right, I do
you sound dense, why do you even watch things?

Please stop calling TM a cult. It is a simple relaxation technique.

Erm, user, what did you just say about me?

>Right, but why? Why did EvilCoop have control over that businessman?
Presumably he was paid to handle killing Dougie. Because he fucked up, his other hitman killed him.

>I meant what was his role in the story. He's just corrupt, is annoying, gets arrested, and that's practically it
He shows that Twin Peaks was corrupt (he was in kahoots with Richard Horne). It shows that not even the police force is safe. Plus he was pretty funny.
>So why was she in the story? Why devote valuable screentime to that character when it's not going to go anywhere?
To show that Ben isn't a pervert anymore, and is actually a good character?
>Most women don't open their faces and rip somebody's throat out for being creepy
It's a metaphor for how trauma causes people to behave violently (the cycle of abuse brings out the worst in people)
A lot of those scenes just give you a snapshot into character's lives at a certain point in time, to show how the progress of time changes things. They don't need to be wrapped up.
>Have you seen that thing? Seems like it went beyond "sick"
Idk, could be regular sickness or something drug related

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS

HE KILLED MILLIONS

Tons of money

>I meant what was his role in the story. He's just corrupt, is annoying, gets arrested, and that's practically it
He's a parallel of "it is in our house now". In the first two seasons, we didn't worry about an enemy from within the sheriff's station.

i'm really mad that Red/magic coin guy wasn't expanded upon. he seemed like a neat character

TO SAVE BILLIONS

Anyone else get chills and a huge sense of dread when Cooper/Richard says, "what year is this"? Or am I just a fag?

Who /pure consciousness/ here? youtube.com/watch?v=Cu9C0y6v7xo

We know Mr. C has plenty of cash at his disposal. Not to mention his powers. Remember the arm wrestling? Nigga can't even be killed unless you have a green glove on.

He was there to get in people's way, both literally and figuratively. He intercepted the letter implicating Richard Horne in the murder of the young boy. He was about to stop Andy from completing his mission so to speak. Your simplification shows you need to be looking at this series from a different perspective.

Then you don't know Lynch's style and you set yourself up for disappointment.

>Most women don't open their faces and rip somebody's throat out for being creepy

Sarah is not "most women." She's been possessed by Judy who is literal evil. If you remember the scene where she is watching the tigers rip apart another animal, it's very similar to the way she goes for the neck of the hillbilly.

>Have you seen that thing? Seems like it went beyond "sick"

I mean clearly the kid was sick. I don't know what to tell you.

not mutually exclusive

>A lot of those scenes just give you a snapshot into character's lives at a certain point in time, to show how the progress of time changes things.
A lot of it just seemed pointless. The return isn't like the original series, which is fine, but it makes the old characters seem out of place unless they're actually linked to the main plot

Yeah that bothered me too. He's in two interesting scenes, then never seen again.

>asking questions means you're retarded
This is why I hate discussing any media that's even slightly artistic, and Lynch fans are by far the most egregious offenders. You always act like pretentious, cunty sycophants and look down on others for not "appreciating the art" in the same way you did, or even questioning motives behind certain decisions, not even necessarily to criticize, maybe just to understand. I'm not even who you were replying to but jesus you Lynch dick-riders are the worst community on this board.

This is a donut. It is very sweet and very good. But if you've never tasted a donut you wouldn't really know how sweet and how good a donut is. If you've never had that experience.

Transcendental Meditation is like that. Transcendental Meditation gives an experience much sweeter than the sweetness of this donut. It gives the experience of the sweetest nectar of life. Pure bliss, consciousness. As Maharishi says: those who don't know, they don't know. Those who know, they enjoy.

Dude you're on Sup Forums, what the fuck do you expect from a meme board?

>He intercepted the letter implicating Richard Horne in the murder of the young boy
Nothing came of that though, because they figured out who the murderer was anyways and still arrested Chad, who they've been apparently "watching for a while". The letter wasn't even mentioned again, if I recall correctly

>He was about to stop Andy from completing his mission so to speak.
Oh please, it was painfully obvious as soon as Andy saw him that Green Glove Man was going to stop Chad

>Then you don't know Lynch's style and you set yourself up for disappointment.
You're right, maybe I did

Some of the actors who do TM:
Sherilyn Fenn (globalgoodnews.com/cultural-news-a.html?art=148148849869155849)
Madchen Amick (themadchenamick.com/single-post/2017/02/19/Mäd-Love-Balancing-Stress)
Laura Dern (tmhome.com/experiences/actress-laura-dern-on-meditation-practice/)
Julee Cruise (braddstudios.com/2012/05/01/the-world-spins-an-interview-with-julee-cruise/)
Chrysta Bell (chrystabell.com/dl-impact-on-my-life/)
Michael Cera (gq.com/story/oral-history-of-david-lynch)
David Bowie (dailyo.in/lifestyle/david-bowie-wendy-leigh-the-man-who-fell-to-earth-love-affairs-mick-jagger-guns-n-roses-slash-kim-fowley/story/1/9510.html)
Naomi Watts (dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1041345/My-style-Screen-siren-Naomi-Watts-reveals-fashion-secrets.html)

how is transcendental meditation different than normal meditation, plz answer

TWIN PEAKS: The Return Theory — COOPER NEVER LEFT THE LODGE.

The dude was asking legitimate questions in a non-inflammatory way to better understand what he just sank 18 hours of his life into.
If someone wanted to discuss a piece of media that I was a huge fan of, I would not immediately greet them with hostility for wanting to know more and appreciate it on a deeper level.

All of these are just theories, not actual facts.

It's transcendental

>mfw Dale leading Laura through the forest

You get a lesson teaching you how to repeat a mantra for 20 minutes for $2500. You get a brainwash making you feel very good doing that for free. Among other things, you can also learn to levitate. If you experience any health issues or the meditation ceases to work for you, we offer you you additional lessons for a very small price!

I see, you have autism.

he killed billions

Really pretentious bit of pop analysis for you: I think you can see Twin Peaks: The Return as a metaphor for all literary art after Roland Barthes, viz., the Film’s premise that the Film becomes conscious of itself as “conscious,” as having interests and an agenda; the Film becomes literally self-referential.

This is a theme already occurring in previous Lynch's work, Inland Empire. The Film is alive and is taking part in its own production.

"Audrey's Dance" is a prime example of that, alongside the final scene (as a matter of fact the entire final episode). What we see after that Roadhouse scene is Audrey's painful realization of being trapped inside a Film.

gay.

>not diving deep into consciousness
>not feeling negativity recede
>not experiencing pure bliss
>not catching the big fish
This is why you're not a great director.

To save trillions

I did.
Because Cooper is the extreme good character. He's been doing all the good and moral moves at every step but he's still getting majorly fucked at the end irremediably.

Sounds cool, how can I get in on the action?

I like to lick lovingly on the outside and then thrust my tongue in the middle

Does Michael J. Anderson do TM?

how do i levitate for free

How do we ensure she doesn't fall victim if there's a fourth season?

No shit, Sherlock.

I'm on the case.

Probably bc Getty is an insane former(?) junkie and that's all they could get out of him. Too bad his scene with Richard was one of the best in the series

I remeber all the reddit tier losers that though the window cleaner was a lodge spirit because he made a lot of noise.

did we ever decide on what the numbers mean

It's not, you can get the same experience for 10% of the price and 10% of the hoopla just by going to a class

>Chrysta Bell
>Michael Cera
Is a role in Twin Peaks a bonus reward for high level members?

2:53 = 2 + 5 + 3 = 10, the number of completion
315 = 3 + 1 + 5 = 9, not quite complete, you are far away

brilliant user

How much did you pay for your mantra?

Uncle Leland!

no

>not like he's making people kill themselves

You have to do a little extra to get that far.

There was a scene with Red in Pigeon Creek. It was cut
medium.com/@frahm9/i-have-collected-all-info-on-twin-peaks-coming-season-that-might-provide-some-insight-on-what-it-cac3e468b871

saves billions, though

Imagine rejecting most of your life (negativity)

Cera didn't do a little extra and only got a four minute cameo.

>He has all of us doing TM on set - Sherilyn Fenn

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/8/twin-peaks-actress-sherilyn-fenn-says-david-lynch-/

Holy shit, lmao. I thought this was just a shitpost, but after looking into it, it's fucking true.

Showing off Sparkle's side effects. Steven eventually trips out (constantly scratching his leg) and shoots himself.

The point of that scene was just to give some more of his TM friends a small role in Twin Peaks.

To anyone who haven't seen any of Twin Peaks series:

NEVER, NEVER EVER WATCH SEASON 3 A.K.A. "THE RETURN"!!!

I am serious. It will spoil everything. It is a giant, cruel hoax.

хaхaхa линчeд

Anybody got a download link for the Badalamenti soundtrack?

It came out today, along with the Roadhouse soundtrack

>VA - Twin Peaks (Limited Event Series Soundtrack) (2017)
>VA - Twin Peaks (Music from the Limited Event Series) (2017)

If the Twin Peaks pilot was released as a movie with the European ending, where would it stand in Lynchs work? Pretty low imo

doppelganger

>>VA - Twin Peaks (Limited Event Series Soundtrack) (2017)
>>VA - Twin Peaks (Music from the Limited Event Series) (2017)

where tho, where do I download this?

kickass cd or thepiratebay

Anyone else loved the cinematography of this scene?

what does the red writing say

iTunes. Spend some money, invest in season 4 and 5.

"wtf" and "253 yards?"