"IT" now tracking for an $85+ million opening weekend

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4322&p=.htm
>$13.5 million from Thursday night previews alone
Wew, this is capeshit levels of money

Horrorkino is here to save us from capeshit!

>tfw we witness renaissance of horror movies

What a time to be alive.

WHERE IS MY FUCKING CAMRIP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

is that a lot?

This is the Marvel Movie of horror movies. You go expecing something else but instead it's a fucking comedy.

IT now holds the record for the highest Thursday night screenings of an R-Rated movie. More than Logan and Deadpool

More than Logan, Deadpool, and The Passion of The Christ. Number one preview screenings for an R rated movie.

It looks like horrorkino is back on the menu bois

I appreciate that R-rated blockbusters are having so much success lately, but I wish they were taking advantage of that to make better movies instead.

Yes. It already broke the preview screenings record for an R-rated movie, and it's going to be the biggest horror movie of all time.

The comedy in IT is way more natural than Marvel, it's pretty obvious that Stand By Me is the inspiration.

Marvel has a joke quota

neat guess releasing it with no competition was a smart move

Fuck off retard

Horror is king again!

>Sup Forums says it's gonna flop
>Proceeds to beat Capeshit in Thursday screenings
You can't make this shit up

Well to be fair, any capeshit that it's up against came out at least two months ago.

No I meant it made more money than Logan and Deadpool did their opening Thursday night

Seriously they even have a fucking clown in it

Oh I see. I'm glad. I went last night and it's great. Way better than we usually get for horror movies this time of year.

haven't you learned?
Sup Forums is literally always wrong

>movie has all the tell tale signs of being absolutely shit
>turns out it was really good and makes lots of money

Any other movies like this?

Everything Sup Forums says is gonna be shit and/or will flop

Quads of infallible truth.

Wonder Woman was supposed to have been a mess, was part of DC, turned out kino.

For an R rated movie with a $75 million budget including marketing, yes

Well Stand By Me is based on a Stephen King story..

Impressive

quads confirm

>Sweden now has a horror icon
I'm proud!

>it's pretty obvious that Stand By Me is the inspiration

This

Took my date to see it. Took her home. Caught another showing to jack off to Bev in her panties.
Recorded it. Her not me masturbating. Damn.

What executives will see:
>A little bit of extra effort on Horror Movies goes a long way
>Doesn't have to be October to work
>People like the 80's
>Society can handle actors that arn't their age

This is HUGE, bring on the Horror Kino

Stephen King literally made Stand By Me

Good. It deserves it. It's faithful to the spirit of the book and the kids were great.

>doesn't even know Stephen King made Stand By Me
DCucks need to keep their mouths shut when they try to sound smart.

Exactly. The humor is organic and grows out of the characters instead of them all just being vapid mouthpieces for "witty" flippancy.

>It's faithful to the spirit of the book
No.
>the kids were great
Yes.

>It's faithful to the spirit of the book
>No.

Elaborate?

Was 'The Body' the story that pretty much established Stephen King's usual tropes of ridiculously over the top psychotic bullies and various forms of dysfunctional families? He uses that shit all the fucking time.

Not sure what that user is talking about. This version is a much more faithful adaptation than the 90s miniseries.

I saw it yesterday

Film was very good, honestly i kinda loved it

WHERE IS MY 360p PhonecamRIP

Oh i agree, that's why i'm genuinely curious to hear user elaborate how it wasn't faithful

>main antagonist is a fucking clown
>some comedic moments
Rlly mks u thnk

You have Max Von Sydow too.

Wonder Woman was mediocre at best. The last 20 minutes or so, especially, was just fucking terrible. I dont understand why anyone treats it as anything above mediocre. The only thing I can think of is they are so autistically hateful toward marvel that they will treat any competition as the second coming of christ.

>More than Logan, Deadpool, and The Passion of The Christ
all shit films

and there are literally no films in theatres right now, it isn't hard to get these numbers

reminder that anyone who uses the word "horrorkino" needs to go back to /r/movies

I liked a lot of aspects of it, but I fucking hated Finn wolfhard. All he was there for was to say fuck and talk about his dick. I get that's supposed to be the character but coming from him it just seemed like he was playing himself saying "haha yeah I was in stranger things". Pretty good otherwise though.

How can one post be so pretentious

That's literally what 14 year old boys talk about all the time

>stranger things is literally huge
>this is literally stranger things the movie even with one of the kids from stranger things

you fuckers actually thought this movie would flop? Seriously where the fuck are your analytical skills? fucking idiots sometimes i swear

Rushed and simplified.

How is it so popular?

Yeah, i remember having friends like that when i was 12-14, the same cringy jokes and all.

>Caught another showing to jack off to Bev in her panties.
but all showing are sold out or at least packed. how did you manage to jerk off without getting caught?

The box office will float too.

The Box OffiCe WiLL fl0at t00...

ThE B0X 0FFiCe WilL fl0AT T00.....

THE B0X 0FFICE WILL FL000AT T0000000!!!!!!!!!!!

That's barely an elaboration. Without any specific criticism, all i can say is rushed and simplified is what pretty much what always happens when you adapt a massive book into a movie, yet despite that it was still faithful to the book and a very good adaptation.

I hope this means WB stops being chickenshits and finally pulls the trigger on big-budget THE STAND.

After capeshit fatigue, horrorshit will be new fad,

So this means King cinematic universe?

>muh 80s
>muh kid actors
is Sup Forums more reddit than reddit?

I did that too! Sat in the handicap chair in the back row. Shot so hard landed in the back of this ladies hair. I felt guilty so I followed her home. Just waiting for her to fall asleep...

Dark Tower was a flop.

That wasn't King's fault.

The book's explanation about the macroverse and the turtle are a load of shit and hope the sequel takes a different route

OWH HA HA HAHA

I hope it goes there and further cunt.

It was genuinely good and people like evil clowns

Wasn't my point

Gee I sure wish the dark tower was at least on this quality

MAN HOLD ME. WHERE IS IT MOMMY!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Because I bought another ticket when I first got ours, in case there was an actual sex scene, for me to watch again. If not, I can refund up to 30 minutes before the showing.
No sex scene but that underwear shots sufficed.

The Stand when?

I'd rather horror remakes than capeshit any day. Hopefully this means Paramount will go ahead with the Friday the 13th set in the 80s they were supposed to make this year.

>Finn Wolfhard talking about his dick
Fuck, guess I have to watch it now.

Btw we saw it yesterday, my other ticket was for the morning. I sat in the back and bring a blanket, we have reclining seats.
I jerk it, not hard, to Bev. Once it's coming up I jerk harder, becoming full erect. Having been built up Im ready to cum by the end of the quarry scene. Good shit. Try it man

Excuse my grammer, im jackin it right now

this was really funny fyi

I don't know where this meme even came from, the majority of Sup Forums has been looking forward to this movie for months

I need a fucking gif of that dance NOW

This is how it always works on Sup Forums, some fuckers see like 4 or 5 contrarian posts about it being shit and think that's everyone.

It's like how this board would have threads about 13 year old actresses in 2010 and Sup Forums was the "pedo" board for like 5 years.

No. Rights are scattered across other studios.

>It's like how this board would have threads about 13 year old actresses in 2010 and Sup Forums was the "pedo" board for like 5 years.

Kind of a bad example considering we have 20 or more cunny threads spammed every single day here.

Based tucking Froggo saves cinema

That's a different thing.
Like foot faggotry, it's not the same thing as normal lusting over tits and ass of whoever is in the latest movie or show.

"Cunny" wasn't even a thing until like 2013 when it became the call-sign for anti-mod spamming. It just made everything worse.

Prepare for:
The Shining Remake
Pet Cemetary Remake
Alien Remake
Eraserhead Remake
Another Nightmare on Elm's Street Remake
Another Carrie Remake
Hellraiser Reboot
Movies based on The Twilight Zone episodes

>Slice of life montage of the gang cleaning up huge amounts of blood in the bathroom

That was fucking stupid lets be real.

>original was shitty and overrated
>don't know what this is
>oh god no
>um no sweetie that makes no sense
>can't be worse than PD's shitstain
>who cares
>can't be worse than the original's sequels beyond 2
>lol

>there are people in this thread that didn't see the special screenings of IT with included footage.

Must suck to live without a secret Kinoplex

>he and his buds never covered up a bloody crime scene
Did you even have a damn childhood?

>don't know what that is

Kill yourself, because in your case, dead is better.

And you type like a woman.

What? The Stand would have to be at least 10 hours long to get all the content in

>there are people

>renaissance
>typical jumpscares where we get a closeup of Pennywises face as he charges towards

There's a couple of decent jokes in IT, but most of the comedy is so forced and bad. They made the Strangers Things actor comic relief thats job is to either say something funny or "OH SHIT/OH FUCK" in a comical way in LITERALLY EVERY SCARE

I'd love to see HBO or Showtime produce a new miniseries for The Stand. The 90s version is terrible.

the genre is called horror, not dread

They'd make it a trilogy.