Is this good? should I watch the old ones?

is this good? should I watch the old ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=985Jq_1mrtc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>should I watch the old ones?
How young are you, junior?

You should watch seasons 1-5 imo
And remember, the early seasons are now available in 16:9 HD, so if you downloaded the older 4:3 in SD, delet.

1-2 good and comfy
4-5 consistent
6 inconsistent with a couple GOAT episodes
7 even more inconsistent with a couple great episodes

The Return or whatever they called it: The Weremonster episode is one of the series' best, couple passable episodes, and a couple dreadful episodes, i.e. Carter's shitty convoluted Mytharc.

>seasons 1-4
mythology > motw

>season 5 on
meme episodes > motw > mythology

Darin Morgan was always GOAT

Can someone please post the webm

lol get a load of this guy

"should I watch teh X files"

hahahahaha

the answer is yes kid

delet this immediately scully is PURE

watch season 1-6.

>Season 3
>The best season

yes you should watch the old episodes. and don't give me any of that autistic "which episodes should i watch", just start from the beginning and move on from there ya dummy. things get worse after s5 or so, but that's television for you. also agent reyes is awful but that's just how it is.

comedy episodes > everything else.
deal with it

i've only seen episode one from the new season, and it was so bad i decided to not watch anymore. i might try again later since some people are saying the monster episodes are decent.

WHAT IS MYTHOLOGY
WHAT IS MOTW
WHAT ARE MEME EPISODES

mythology refers to the story arc of the entire series, the main plot if you will. shadow government, aliums, invasion, clones, what have you. so they're the episodes that drive the plot of the show forward.

motw is short of monster of the week. these episodes are basically stand-alone episodes where they investigate an x-file, usually tracking down a monster. you could say they're fillers, but they're usually good, some prefer these over the motw episodes.

meme episodes, i guess this refers to the comedy episodes. they're like motw episodes but they're meant to be funny there aren't a lot of these.

this user explained it better than I could ever have.

watch ep3, it's one of the best comedy episodes ever, by Darin Morgan, with a shitload of Kolchak references.

ep5 (or 4 maybe, whichever has the terrorists and Mulder on shrooms) is Carter trying to write a meme ep, and it's so fucking terrible it's actually fascinating to watch.

Underrated AF episodes:
>Via Negativa
>Syzygy
>John Doe
>Avatar
>Red Museum
>Brand X
>Audrey Pauley
>Never Again
>Blood
>All Souls
>Nothing Important Happened Today I & II
>Scary Monsters
>Gender Bender
>Dæmonicus
>Trevor
>The List
>Miracle Man
>Hell Money
>Surekill
>Teliko
>Ghost in the Machine
>3
>Home Again

cont.
>First Person Shooter
>Babylon

i was let down by the new season because i didn't like the first episode and saw that the second was most likely just more or the same so i gave up, will go for ep3 though. might watch 1 and 2 first unless my obsession.

does the season actually "end" or is it left open for more.

Meme eps are the one where Mulder wears a pink polo with the collar popped and a sweater tied around his neck to fit into a planned community.

it ends on a giant cliffhanger.

only the first and the lest eps are myth. the rest are self-contained (and basically don't make any sense in Carter's newly established canon)

Season 1 is really underrated
Watching it on blu ray really shows how amazing it looks, wish the new series could have the same atmosphere

>Underrated AF episodes
The Field Where I Died

note to self:

they're making more new seasons

hopefully they resurrect this properly

best episode ending youtube.com/watch?v=985Jq_1mrtc

Yeah, i meant to say 3-5

The acting sucks and the screenplay is pretentious junk. Worst episode of the whole franchise.

that's not a meme episode. That's a MotW with fan-service. Hollywood A.D. is a meme episode

was that the one about mulder's ancestor, they're at some cultist's ranch or whatever? some revolutionary war thing?

that was terrible. i think it was the worst one, after 3