/who/ - Doctor Who General

B E E P edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Meme
youtube.com/watch?v=OnwL0W8x8Uw
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_and_the_Monsters_of_Ness_(TV_story)
youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=XLuBuTMJwhs
youtu.be/orhh6TZ6qCE
youtube.com/watch?v=u8QObK-CSfg
youtu.be/5XZ7yKPSyd8
youtube.com/watch?v=ONrjIs9glOM
youtube.com/watch?v=aA4nZ3EV7pE
youtube.com/watch?v=I0JVRcJLea8
thebespublishing.com/moments-of-passing-1
eruditorumpress.com/blog/drunken-whocast-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=cinJDxLUsNY
youtube.com/watch?v=q1lcF3iqjIA
youtube.com/watch?v=xzdTWJQOPOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Meme

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=OnwL0W8x8Uw

So how do comic fans rank the Doctor Who comic runs in quality? I know most people don't like the IDW run, but do they think the DWM ones are better than the Titan ones or vice-versa?

Youtube links for Heaven Sent recon pls. I missed part 1.

Titan is varying depending on book. 10th doctor is ehhh but has its definite ups. 11th Doctor is consistently good IMO. All of the minis are pretty good from memory. The events are either eh or rubbish. Can't speak for 9th/12th Doctors. If you want some Doctor Who media and you have some spare time, you may as well read the comics.

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_and_the_Monsters_of_Ness_(TV_story)

Does it exist, lads?

Doctor Who is dead.

Doctor Who is dead tired of you.

lads i'm caught up in some stuff but rest assured you will get your art at some point in the next 24 hours, I have a very large bottle of booze I can just re-juice myself for drunk art if irl shit becomes to demanding. Or y'know, can do it sober if you want me to put effort into it

The art for the monster in Ten's first story was terrifying tho

Wrong. Whittaker era will be GOAT.

Is there anything more to Abslom Daak than "Take the Punisher, and put him in the Doctor Who universe"?

If it does exist, then why are there no set photographs?

Doctor Whore

Which one was that again? The washing machine one?
Daleks injured someone he fell in love with so he has mad lust to destroy all daleks. He also has a chainsaw, I think

That is literally the of the backstory of the Punisher

Kind of but The Punisher goes about things differently. Abslom Daak is just an absolute slaughterer, not to mention he carries the body of the woman he fell in love with with him at all times.

Yep that's the one, it had some really unnerving artwork

>Heaven Sent recon playlist

youtube
.com/playlist?list=PLraneg_tvOTECzT6qnadxwTrgAoNMQcLa

Thanks. Excellent work.

Besides Beep the Meep, Abslom, and Frobisher, what other GOAT comic characters are there?

John Jones

Oh shit, I just found this. I'd been wanting to see something like this, actually, and I think someone else did too.

youtube.com/watch?v=XLuBuTMJwhs

Fuck, I'm so pissed at the BBC for deleting all these episodes.

What did they mean by this?

Why is it so difficult to find Doctor Who fans that can also animate well? The Sailor Moon fans could do this youtu.be/orhh6TZ6qCE
So why not us?

Lym, you've got so much talent. I'm starting to feel jealous.

Neato.

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

i'm sure we can speak in a mean british accent

What are you listening to, /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=u8QObK-CSfg

youtu.be/5XZ7yKPSyd8

Scaroth reporting in.

... 4...

Couldn't hop in the stream for part 2, sorry I missed it! Part 1 was brilliant though, going to watch this tomorrow

back to the Overwatch climb

youtube.com/watch?v=ONrjIs9glOM

Animating something of that quality for several hours worth of of missing television would take years.

who would win???

Wonder Woman

Is there a Troughton story as good as The Inner Light?

how about the one where he fights robot yetis

or killer sea foam

nah I got nothin

youtube.com/watch?v=aA4nZ3EV7pE

It's very sugoi

youtube.com/watch?v=I0JVRcJLea8

Imagine if TNG had missing episodes, and The Inner Light was one of them.

How come Human Nature and Family of Blood feel kind of boring?

I think they are.

If that post was bait then you bit the hook.

not really

Explain, please? How does it feel boring?

Who here has read the Erimem books? At first I was skeptical, but they're starting to grow on me.

What happens in them?

Also, in the latest book, Erimem says to a villain:

>"You appear to have redecorated. I can't say that I like it."

Despite the fact that Erimem explicitly has no memory of her adventures with the Doctor in this series, I love how the writers throw in references here and there.

Erimem wakes up in the 21st century, with a mysterious amnesia, and a mummified corpse that matches her own body in a sarcaphagas of the legendary Pharaoh Erimem. She's found by an Egyptian-American professor named Ibrahim, his wife named Helena, and a young teen named Andy (short for Andrea). With the mysterious ghost of her long-dead grandfather, she uses a time ring to travel through time and battle evil, when she's not in the 21st century, trying to deal with the culture shock of being an Egyptian princess in a land far far away, where her royalty means nothing, and her morality, though advanced for her time, is seen as barbaric today.

She's battled in space stations, in historical London, faced off against a creature that feeds on depression, met another creature who may or may not be a representation of Death, and had to endure the silly traditions of Christmas.

And there are no (direct) references to the Doctor, due to licensing. Although I choose to believe that Erimem's drive to defend the universe with time travel is probably inspired by her unconscious memory of the Doctor. Jim Mortimore will write for the series, and already wrote a superb free short story for it: thebespublishing.com/moments-of-passing-1 . (Note: Mortimore's characterization of Erimem is a lot colder than in Big Finish, and than in the rest of the novels. He really focuses on the culture divide between Erimem and the rest of the world).

Erimem has her own weird cast of characters. It's kind of nice. If we do that "alt Doctor and spinoff" Shit Trips 2.5 anthology, I plan to write about her.

Interesting, but what convinced Erimem's creator to make a spin-off book series about her? It'd be like if Jacqueline Rayner started a series of Evelyn Smythe books.

From what I can tell, he just liked that character. Apparently, they're selling enough to keep on going.

>mfw countless Who fans have never heard of Erimem

I've heard of Erimem.

That's the Rap God guy, yeah?

She just isn't as popular as Evelyn, Hex, or Lucie.

According to wikipedia, the most prolific Doctor Who screenwriters in terms of run time are:
1. Steven Moffat
2. Robert Holmes
3. Russell T Davies
4. Terry Nation
5. Malcolm Hulke
6. David Whittaker
7. Bob Baker
8. David Martin
9. Brian Hayles
10. Terrance Dicks

Yeah DWM had a feature on it last issue too

Is there a list of most prolific Doctor Who authors in terms of page count, or most prolific audio writers? If not, could anyone make a wild guess as to who would be in them?

Robert Shearman

...as most prolific?
Doesn't seem to be any easily found lists but it's an intriguing question and could be worked out with a little bit of time.

Terrance Dicks and Justin Richards would probably be high up on the authors list, and Briggs and Jonathan Morris for the audios.

holy shit good work

What if the Doctor landed in Japari Park

DOCTOR WHO

STARRING PAUL MCGANN AND SHERIDAN SMITH

Heaven Sent recon really is impressive. Final act feels different, it feels scarier and darker. Great job!

In another forgettable pastiche of NewWho?

What did they mean by this?

It means Kemono Friends is one of manliest animes ever made.

>New EDAs
>forgettable
it doesn't get more more GOAT than series 4.

What if John Barrowman played 9 instead of Eccleston? I guess he'd have to use his Scottish accent.

the show wouldn't exist now

Nah, a Barrowman Doctor would have attracted too many horny fans to get the show canned. We would have gotten a ton of newspaper articles saying "Doctor Who's a Sick Poof!".

You posted a response. Therefore you took the bait. Cry moar.

How much would you pay for a DVD of a single 4 minute minisode?
You do not know whether there are any special features or not.

You spent more than 3 hours thinking of a reply, only to tell someone to "Cry moar"?

How many real DVDs only contain a 4 minute thing?

Or I was just doing other things with my life

In the middle of the night?

Because it's a story about character stuff where the monsters are incidental and barely even appear until the second episode.

Timezones, my dear

People live in different timezones you know

Are all of these minisodes on other DVDS? I know that one was on the Series 7B one.

Still weird to reply to someone saying "not really" 3 hours later with "Cry moar".

Not sure sorry, the only NewWho physical copies I have are S1 and the 50th collection. Some of the minisodes are hard to track down even digitally.

Really? I thought most were on YouTube

>eruditorumpress.com/blog/drunken-whocast-3/
>Jack admits that the podcast contains drunken rambling, then ends the article with links to 4 Patreons
Imagine giving money to 4 Eruditorum patreons.

Sometimes YouTube has terrible copies (Born Again and the TARDISosdes, i i r c).

My understanding of the minisodes (not counting ones like the BAFTA clips or the Tonight's the Night clip, meta stuff) is:

Series 2 -
Born Again
13 TARDISodes

Series 4 -
Time Crash

Series 5 -
2 Meanwhile in the TARDIS minisodes
Space and Time
Bad Night and Good Night fit here story-wise, but were from the S6 production i i r c

Series 6 -
Prequels to The Impossible Astronaut, Curse of the Black Spot, A Good Man Goes to War, Let's Kill Hitler, Closing Time (kinda), The Wedding of River Song, and The Doctor the Widow and the Wardrobe
First Night, Last Night, Up All Night (which is more a Closing Time prequel)
Death is the Only Answer
Good as Gold (y m m v on how seriously to take it)
The Inforarium (from S7 production but I think it fits better story-wise after the finale but before the Christmas special)

Series 7 -
Pond Life
Prequels literally called "prequels" to Asylum of the Daleks, The Bells of Saint John
The Making of the Gunslinger (Town Called Mercy prequel)
P.S. (Angels Take Manhattan "epilogue")
The Battle of Demon's Run, 2 Days Later
The Great Detective
Vastra Investigates
Rain Gods (placement is arguable)
Clara and the TARDIS
She Said, He Said (y m m v if too meta or not)
Clarence and the Whispermen

Specials -
The Night of the Doctor
The Last Day
The 2 cinema introductions to the 50th

Series 8 -
Prequel to Deep Breath

Series 9 -
Prologue to Series 9
The Doctor's Meditation

Series 10 -
Friend From the Future