Tropes that you love

>Episode where multiple characters recount a single event through their prrspective
>Each story is vastly different and extremely contradictory
>Bonus points: The art style changes to fit the character telling their version of events

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/BookEnds/ComicBooks
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/BookEnds/WesternAnimation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Arguably one of the most memorable early KND episodes.

>Character hiding the fact they did something bad
> Start freaking out
> bad thing was completely unrelated to them in any way.

>prophecy about some chosen one that will save the world
>turns out it's bullshit and someone not mentioned at all in the prophecy saves the world because they weren't going to wait around for some prophecy to play out

The best rendition of this I've seen is still It's Always Sunny

>OP clearly says "Tropes that you love"
>that one user that comes in the thread to make a paragraph long rant about a trope he hates with all his being
That's my favorite trope

>characters become progressively prettier for no obvious reasons.

>It's a Rashomon Parody episode
Always gets me.
The Simpsons still has the best one-off Rashomon joke

For me it's "Bad Blood" from The X-Files

wow jojo straight up turns into a woman at some point

is it even worth getting into this series or is it justs sjw bullshit?

Boy, wait until you actually watch Rashomon.

>Chosen One Prophecy
>The Prophecy is some kind of scheme to create space in orphanages/control population in small villages
>Bonus Points: Despite the prophecy being bullshit, the Chosen One steps up to the fucking plate
The fact that Fell's Five will never continue hurts me.

I-is this a joke?

Different generations m8

Also no, it's as sexist as Japan is

>its a bottle episodes
>everything they remember is different from the original, or has never happened.

I was going to ask the same thing. I've seen so much dumb shit on here I can't even tell anymore

Of course it is user.

Bottle episodes and flashback episodes are two different things.

>Also no, it's as sexist as Japan is
> Part 6 has a female main character
> her introduction is her getting caught masturbating by a guard

I felt like Stone Ocean was a slow start compared to some other parts, but I really loved it by the end

it was hard watching Pucci wreck the whole cast.

That's just what happens when you use contemporary male models as a source of inspiration

It fucking hurt man. You get so attached to the whole cast.
Fucking Hermes, FF, Anasui... goddamn.

I man, if Bugs Bunny can do it, why not Jojo?

Is it weird that I don't see JoJo as being homoerotic?
Like, I don't even bat an eyelash when you have Johnny and Gyro scissoring on the cover. For some reason, it just seems like normal Jojo shit to me.
I mean, Part 6 is pretty gay. But that's mostly Narancia's fault.

>Part 6 is pretty gay. But that's mostly Narancia's fault
Well Narancia was a woman the first two times he showed up. She just got turned into a man because someone above Araki wouldn't let him go through with his plan of a lesbian romance for the main character

That was Anasui user, Narancia was a boy from the beginning.

Fucking love Cosmic Marvel for doing this

>A group of minor or joke characters who don't play that big part in the overall universe are involved in a crisis and devolp into utter badass.
>This devolpment stays and those characters eventually evolve into a major players in their corner of the universe.
>There is minimal shilling of these characters and they earn respect for actually doing things.

Also one thing I loved that was done by Cosmic Marvel
>A villain is always hyped as a major threat, but is always defeated.
>Under new writer, they remind exactly why they are seen as a threat.

My name is Emporio!
The final page alway gives me feels every time I reread it.

>someone above Araki wouldn't let him go through with his plan of a lesbian romance for the main character
>Somebody wasn't ok with a gay relationship being depicted in Jojo.

The scene with FF's ghost or whatever telling Jolyne how happy she was to have friends and not have her memory stolen was brutal

One of the saddest deaths in the whole series, and it was just a swam of sentient plankton controlling a dead girl's body

yeah, I mean, Giorno is literally Dio's and Jonathan's son. This level of gayness puts Naruto and Sasuke to shame.

don't forget Iggy's death as well. Polnareff's comments on Iggy's death are so brutal that I cried a little.

I'll bet an editor was worried they would lose desperate male readers if they learned their waifu liked girls

>Polnareff's comments on Iggy's death
No man, it was the narrator coming in and confirming that Iggy had a soul

So they turned the waifu into a girl?

>girl
Meant boy. Did they change the character into a boy?

>Narancia says he will return to his home and complete his elementary school after this revolt is over, even if other are going to pick on him.
>and he got killed afterward
ouch.

This is still weird to me because not only did Jolyne have confirmed attraction towards men incredibly early on, at no point did she ever actually show romantic interest in Anasui, the Annakiss situation notwithstanding

Part 6 JoJo is a girl. Her planned "love interest" was a girl. Said love interest outright appeared as a girl in her introductory chapter. She appeared later as a man with no explanation and spent the rest of the comic as a dude.

Batman: Gotham Knight, Episode 1.
Kids hanging around in a skatepark recounting stories of the Batman, and the way he appears changes each time (In one he is quite literally a bat-man fusion, in another he has a jetpack, in another he is a shadow with otherworldly powers.) but the real Batman shows up shortly afterward when a fight goes sideways into the skatepark, with the kid who says "Yeah sure he did" being the only one who sees Batman (Played by Kevin Conroy) through smoke.

You thought the divide was a good episode?

>it's a Rashomon episode

Same thing happened to Kakyoin, he was meant to be a girl but execs saw this as a risky move as main girl characters in Shonen is very to execute, and Araki at the time wasn't as huge as he is now.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we´ve reached the singularity.

>Strong as fuck character
>Isn't evil
>Just wants a good fight
>Pic related

>theme song starts to play in the final fight

Usually an anime trope, but its great for the rare western occasion.

>hero and villain have to team up
>bonus pts if it's just to merely survive

>Leave this one to me, you go on ahead!

There's a book like this. MC is just a villager from Chosen One's village who hates the Evil overlord for killinh gis parents and girlfriend. he helps the Chosen One out and arguably cripples the Overlord and his regime almost single handedly.

>person on MC's team and person on opposing team are flirty and you can cut the sexual tension with a knife

>timeskip/character wakes up in the future for some reason
>they're married with kids to that one character you had an OTP for

>character meets their doppleganger and no one sees the difference.

Often its an evil twin or fake robot trying to replace the MC

>the evil twin or fake robot is so obviously not the real character you'd have to be brain dead to not see the difference
>no one does anyways

At least Mistah lived.

>Character appears in obvious disguise
>Turns out it's an entirely different person

>Gyro as Part 7
>Not Johnny
top kek

>Weather's death
>Hermes is hiding trying her dampest not to cry.
That fucking got me bad, poor Aniki.

> Joke character gets serious
> Is actually a badass

Best trope

>series ends with the same scene/line it began with

Gyro is the real main character of Part 7

>The only one who can fight a powerful villain is a much weaker side character
>The side character has an option to flee but won't because this means their friends/civilians/whatever would get killed
>A real underdog fight commences

Bonus points if the character gets beaten (or even killed) but the villain was stopped in the process - allowing people to get to safety or whatnot. Double bonus points if the side character actually wins in a way that doesn't look like writer's fiat.

But Johnny's prettier.

>bad guy fucks up and pushes the pacifist past his/her breaking point

can you name a show that does this?
for real, i really wanna know, i love that shit too

Not much of a trope, but...

>Comic relief character is forced to be on the football team
>The number on their jersey is either "0" or has a "1/2" on it

Don't know why I love that, I don't even like football.

>The Simpsons still has the best one-off Rashomon joke
That's not how I remember it

ayy

When characters have to disarm or empty their pockets and one just keeps pulling out new weapons from improbable places. Bonus points if someone goes "the rest too" and they pull out one final tiny knife/gun.

Luther end of season 1 and season 2.

>Character is out of focus for an episode, doing something between scenes.
>The next episode shows us what the character was doing during the last episode

Whatever it's called when they had dig Aizen out of storage to fight off the eyeball monsters.

>it's a pro wrestling episode
>it's 100% real

I think the only one that did it well was an episode of the 2003 Ninja Turtle. Raph thought it was like the pro wrestling of his time, but it turned out things had changed in about a hundred years.

>Characters play a game together like poker, rock paper scissors or a board game
>Starts off casual
>Everyone slowly starts to treat it more and more seriously
>Soon all hell breaks loose and it turns into an all-out heated battle with intense music, shouting, battle auras and everybody cheating and trying their best not to get caught
Bonus points if the characters have superpowers and use them to help them cheat.

I think that would be The Godzilla Threshold, which is the point where the current situation is so terrible that any means of combating it are preferable to letting it continue.

What episode was that?

This, and:
>Someone sets up a obvious trap
>Person the trap was meant for pities them so much for the poor set-up they deliberately let themselves be trapped because they don't want to disappoint them.

>main character switch

Like seriously I love it when a secondary character is a primary character for an episode and viceversa. And I'm not talking about an origin or backstory episode. Just a regular one.

I'd love a Loud House episode where you follow one of the girls and Lincoln just pops up occasionally as a secondary character. Same for Star vs the forces of evil. Showing an episode focused on Janna or whatever while Marco/Star only pop up as a cameo would be great.

>I'm gonna get you, Kirby.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/BookEnds/ComicBooks
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/BookEnds/WesternAnimation

>villain makes the hero mad
>hero gets pissed and starts fighting hard
>hero gets ass kicked because fighting angry is bad

"Now I'm mad." is such a cheap pop. It's always satisfying when it takes more than that to win.

>hero makes the villain mad
>villain kicks the hero's ass
>hero gets mad
>they fight in a complete battle of rage

Massive props if it's not the main villain but rather the villain's sidekick/subordinate

the Halloween episode (where dee dresses up like a big bird)

No, you're not alone. You reach a point in reading where you think Dio's lipstick looks cool.

The poses and the fashion are more "bizarre" than homoerotic if anything. We've got plenty of western characters who wear only underwear and boots, so the Pillar Men didn't really faze me.

I mean, Bruno's wearing a keyhole sweater and Gio has a heart-shaped boob window and it just doesn't phase me.

I think that kind of shit is still objectively homoerotic. It's the fact that it is presented in such a way that we come to accept it as part of the character's wardrobe rather than something meant to be conveyed as sexual. Which is a sign that the characters are in such a way that their appearances are made cool because of the way they are written, rather than the other way around.

I think one of the coolest things about JoJo is the confidence Araki draws his characters with. I'm not gonna deny it's gay as fuck, but there's such a strong dynamic presence that it makes the characters feel more unabashedly hyper-masculine than completely homoerotic. Like with almost any other artist, this pose wouldn't work, but Araki makes it seem like Giorno is on his way to fuck your bitch.

And though he's forgotten how to draw his old characters, I think Araki's art in the context of part 7 and part 8 is incredible.

I completely agree. Honestly Araki could draw Giorno buttfucking Mistah, and I'd be like: "Damn, he looks cool." Gay as fuck, but still cool.

>powerful ally ends up losing in direction and went missing
>still able to save the hero just in time

>Episode ends with a cataclysmic event or otherwise very final Bad End
>Next episode acts like it never happened
Billy and Mandy was fuckin' great.

>Doppelganger takes on someone's appearance
>It comes down to the main character having to figure out which is the real one
>Main character kicks the shit out of both of them

Doppelganger takes on main character's appearance
>Everyone is so confused even the main character loses track of who's who

>Eyeball monsters

What the fuck happened in Bleach past Aizen?

Polnareff's death was the worst for me. Mainly because how bullshit Vento Aurara was ending, but him dying and remembering his travels hit hard.

Some asshole showed up and tried to do something evil and Ichigo stopped him and then some other asshole showed and and tried to destroy reality for some reason.

I like this post

Well, I mean technically he lived on.
He's a turtle now, but he lived.

>Animated movie ends with a dance scene.
>Villain is seen in his empty lair / jail cell dancing to the music.

>Animated movie ends with a dance scene
no.