Did you know that the Venture Brothers is problematic?

Did you know that the Venture Brothers is problematic?

fandomfollowing.com/2549-2/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B4YR2BHH1kw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everything is problematic to someone.

Help me, Sup Forums! I'm trapped inside the Problem Attic!

ITS SIX IN THE FUCKING MORNING I DONT WANT TO READ YOUR STUPID FUCKING GARBAGE GO TO SLEEP ON TRAIN TRACKS

I ain't clickin' that shit.

Stills seems kinda weird that they would pick on Venture Bros of all shows. Sure the humor is pretty off-color and anti-PC, but most of the gay/trans/whatever characters are portrayed in a pretty positive light.

>[Trigger Warning for transphobia, homophobia, jokes about sexual assault, racism, child abuse, etc]

I've grown to instantly dismiss the arguments of anyone using the word "problematic". People who use that word tend to have a certain mindset that I don't agree with.

Jesus, this person can't write for shit.

Did you know modern Western culture is cancerous and self-destructive and deserves to be wiped from the face of the planet?

The only thing problematic about Venture Brothers is its shitty release schedule.

Seriously. Providing context and background ≠ telling us about how drunk you get at sporting events within an article about a fucking cartoon.

If you ramble when you talk, that's fine. It's the heat of the moment. Writing for a large audience should be SLIGHTLY less sloppy.

Sweet god it is a thesis.

A shitty thesis from someone who (if they got any degree at all) has one in Psychology or Communications or one of the other made up trash ones.

Yet sadly, some other mentally deficient trigger-happy psuedo intellectuals from the same over-educated-under-intelligent college program she came out of, will circle jerk around her and form an echo chamber of pure stupid by which they can all feel reassured in how correct they are in their opinions.

Sup Forums, why do you look for things to get angry about?

Because Sup Forumsmblr is real.

Can't this be something to make fun of?

I don't think Venture Bros is anti-PC. It's just that it wants to be very adult to contrast the setting of cartoons from the Saturday Morning cartoons era

because it's fun?

TL:DR "This show isn't PC at all and makes jokes about subjects that shouldn't be made fun of and touches on subjects that should be given more respect but for some reason I still find it hilarious and am a huge fan"

Ah man, can you imagine that. A well made show being....good? Who would have fucking thought.

Right?
It's like, people should just be able to watch something and enjoy it if they like it.

how do you assholes keep finding these articles

Wow this social justice ideology really ruins everything for you.

I almost feel sorry for her, she shouldn't feel guilty for enjoying a tv show.

Yes.

They keep writing them.

So the collective Sup Forums reaction to that article is "fuck off, we ain't reading that". With interstitial bits of disappointed people with actual problems and people who hate whining bitches.

I posted a comment
I think it's dumb that OP is engrossed in the problematic fandom that he encounters this stuff, but I'm not opposed to reading it
I'd just rather not see this stuff on Sup Forums, especially when OP just says "HEY CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE" instead of "Here's my specific view on this article and the topic of this article, what do you guys think"
Or even, "btw guys, to show that I'm not just shilling this article here for adbucks, I'll give you a handy tl;dr in the OP so you can get the gist of the article without contributing/supporting the site"

>Most jokes about the Monarch usually stem from how impractical and obsessive he is about Dr. Venture, and he is subject to the same “trying to be cool is totally impractical” jokes everyone else in the cast is. While he’s bisexual, he’s totally unapologetic about it, and actually has a pretty functional (for a supervillain) relationship with his wife.

>While he’s bisexual, he’s totally unapologetic about it

Did I miss an episode, when was it established that The Monarch was bisexual?

fuck off user. pseudo self awareness isn't any better than lack of self awareness.

proof the monarch is bi

Fuck PC

Ffffffffuuuuck it.

Fuck them in their humorless morality police asses until they die.

He's not bi. That implies he sees henchmen as men.
They're not. They're subhuman and therefore don't qualify

I feel like she missed the point of the venture brothers. It's all playing with the standard superhero/adventurer format while being deeply dedicated to it. In that sense a female heavy group wouldn't strike the same chord. By making it obvious that Dr. Mrs. Is the only competant one and still having her title show that in the hero villain structure she has to be attached to a man, its fucking hilarious. Some things like Hunter I've got nothing to say about, I thought the jokes about fake tits were funny and it seemed like a take on the "deep undercover" trope, but this show seems to do everything with purpose.

They swing

Swing is when you change partners.
It's straight

>trigger warning

Fuck off with this article just take the you and leave

We're not giving you h8 comments on your bad opinions so you can write a victim article, m8.

Hunter is actually trans though. It's unclear why she felt the need to de-transition to lead SPHINX, but she has mentioned since then that she is a woman.

All I see is Monarch's hot wife and a sex toy to spice things up a bit.

I know I'm just saying specifically, they've stated and shown them to be swingers.

There was also the cuckold incident, it didn't turn the Monarch on.

He was unconscious in that scene, arching Dr. Venture.

Now his dad was clearly bisexual.

And there may have been a comment about it at the end of Operation: PROM.

Hell yeah I did, its a problem cause when I put it on I can't just watch one episode, I'll watch the whole season!

being "trans" is like claiming to be black after years of tanning. people need to stop feeding the physiological hypochondriacs

>I know I'm just saying specifically, they've stated and shown them to be swingers.
You initially replied to a question that was specifically asking whether he was bi.

How does saying they're swingers answer that?

Sounds great to me.

>problematic
I am so sick of the way SJWs use this word. I feel like they've hijacked it.

We just had a season where the show's epitome of toxic masculinity liked to be pegged by a WW analogue.

What more do these mother cuckers want?

Don't do that, you fucking autist. That makes you just as bad as the SJWs.

One might say they appropriated it.

Probably Victor Echo November

>Nnnice ass, Samson

There's probably others but I can't think of any, it's probably mostly implicit, like when he has no problem with the idea that Gary and Mrs Monarch might've made out over his unconscious body. We could also argue that there are some weirdly sexual undertones to his hatred of Dr Venture. But yeah, I agree that it's probably a little reaching and I definitely can't think of like, a very definitive, solid example.

I think that was just a joke about how Samson was naked.

Also, he crushed a dude to death with his ass.
I think it qualifies as a nice ass, no homo

I thought in the ep where Dr. Girlfriend immediately thought he brought Brock and Hank into their room for a foursome, it kinda hinted of something along those lines.

She wants to fuck Brock bad.
That's a long running joke

>this show has shit I object to or find offensive, but I still enjoy it and shouldn't have to justify liking it

That seems like a fair point.

I just don't get why it's posted here. Yeah, it's Sup Forums, but almost any other board will get you a better reaction and more (you)s. This is Sup Forumsmbler, after all.

I'll give it a shot

> Yeah, I can’t really enjoy them. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even without loathsome episodes like “Handbanana”,

I'm out.

An actual fun video on why Venture Bros is great

youtube.com/watch?v=B4YR2BHH1kw

But it's not like OP wrote the article. He went out of his way to find it, get mad about it, and post it so that people here could get mad too

Imagine feeling the need to apologize for liking the things you like.

Ehe.