youtube.com/watch?v=2SW8L_kp4Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=V4jH0WeV67I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YOU JUST KNOW

Tom > Jerry

Best episode coming through

why is the animation so good

OH HELL NO

remember when they were named Jasper and Jinx?

Because it's 1950's Theater shorts. Cartoons for the cinema had a bigger budget back then (and nobody had figured out all the various tricks to cheapen up animation yet).

>all them episodes that hint at Jerry having a secret cat fetish.

What emotion is this pic trying to convey?

Same reason in Japan OVAs have a bigger budget than TV shows, and thus look better.

>Still waiting for volume 2 blu-ray

great scene.

they're on amazon video though
someone ripped them desu

They seem to be standard definition only on Amazon. I'm talking about actual HD remasters which they did a first volume of on blu-ray but never released the second volume because of dumb bullshit.

well, shit

They are in SD, but they are indeed remastered.
Fuck WB for not bothering to release Vol. 2 though.

If it's not in HD, I don't care. I already have the Spotlight Collection dvds. I just want HD and in chronological order.

>ywn look this good

>not enjoying DVD quality over BD quality

And those two other shorts that WB refuses to release because of said bullshit and I doubt Amazon has them.

amazon germany does have those shorts though

DO YOU WANNA HAVE A BAD TOM?!!

l-lewd!

1. They're prime exclusive.
2. There's no indication whether they're in HD or SD so I assume it's the latter.
3. I don't want streaming anyway. I want a fucking physical disc.

Blame WB. They're honestly terrible when it comes to releasing stuff on home media.
The fuck Tom and Jerry spinoffs from 1975 and 1980 are still not even on DVD yet.

>The fuck Tom and Jerry spinoffs from 1975 and 1980 are still not even on DVD yet.
Well that part is understandable because those shows were shit. Otherwise yeah, totally agree. Disney is also just as bad with everything besides their newer movies.

Even if they are shit, there still isn't a reason not to put it on DVD, or hell even iTunes.

Looking back, the food was always so delicious lookng.

Let us not forget the beauty and grace that is

The Tom Scream

youtube.com/watch?v=CMWoAvgD0A0

That was one of the most tense episodes I've seen from any show.

I also remember really wanting to see what on board that train was like and what was beyond that down the track.

enjoy ur ban

This scene was so sick that I was shocked as a young kid

What a waste of a cornet. At least it wasn't chocolate.

youtube.com/watch?v=2SW8L_kp4Ew

shit.
same.

um.. how the hell did you get this picture

japan OVAs look so good because they are one offs made using money the original anime made a completely different reason tom and jerry had

I took a selfie

Jones > MGM > Deitch
This is the true order.

>Selfie
>Both hands are visible
Oh, I get, you're a SUTANDO TSUKAI.

No, user. Just no.

WHAT'S JUMPIN', CHICK?

>jones era
>not better than MGM
Faggot.

>Anything above MGM

>2016 and not having telekinesis
What a fag

I can't read you over the sheer heresy of your post.

>Jones better than MGM
that is fucking wrong and you know it

youtube.com/watch?v=V4jH0WeV67I

Sounds like hes squeezing out a coffee shit

not remembering the goat episode 'The Night Before Christmas'

Been trying to practice drawing on-model with Tom and Jerry references, but it's really hard for me to get their proportions right and still takes way too long.

Classic animation characters are notoriously hard to draw.
Are those your drawings or the references?

looking bretty excellent user

>tracing over frames
why

Have you practised drawing real animals and people beforehand? It's good practise before you draw cartoon characters.

>tracing
You can see the "skeletons" below the red ink

i'm pretty sure he's using the frames as a reference and constructing them on his own which is actually a good exercise

Referencing stills is honestly one of the worst ways to practice.
Just use a model sheet instead.

The model sheet can teach you the basics, but if you don't sketch the actual frames how the hell are you supposed to know how they actually work in motion?

You use your fucking head. Fill in the in betweens.

nigga it depends on what you're trying to get out of the exercise. if he's just trying to learn how to draw the characters, sure, a model sheet is fine, but he's studying the poses as they appear in the animation and trying to learn how to apply the designs in practice.

If you want to animate, you trace over scenes.
If you want to draw, you use a model sheet.

I need more Tom and Jerry reaction pics

>The fuck Tom and Jerry spinoffs from 1975 and 1980 are still not even on DVD yet.

The moment Warner releases this junk in a standalone set is also the moment they start mixing these shorts with the earlier, more classic cartoons—and at least relatively better modern cartoons—in their T&J anthology releases.

We personally may not care because we already have a lot of T&J anthology releases, but this will mean the lousy 1970s cartoons are actively turning away the kids who buy the new releases.

Warner is inept enough to let this happen, so I don't think we should give them the chance.

They need to release the entirety of T&J Kids desu

Jerry is the actually the bad guy
I hate this fucker
tom is my man

Those are mine.

They're not traces and with the exception of the bottom Tom which came from a screenshot all were drawn by looking at model sheets.

Practice for character layout, which requires being able to draw characters in a variety of poses and angles.

I haven't but that sounds like a good idea.

One question, Sup Forums...Tom or Jerry?

Tom for me.

cat>mouse