"Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange… anyone who is a threat to HYDRA!"

>"Bruce Banner, Stephen Strangeā€¦ anyone who is a threat to HYDRA!"
Wasn't Strange an ordinary, if famous, doctor with no strong political leanings at this point? He wasn't even rich.

Haven't seen Dr. Strange yet, but maybe its events happened before that movie?

He was a genius with a perfect memory and an ego. That made him dangerous to Hydra's dream of order.

It doesn't.
I think it's because he is a head strong asshole who would not play ball if HYDRA decided they wanted his advances in medicine to go away

Their algorithm was that advanced nigga

They definitely fucked up with the continuity / timing.

It's pretty clear that the whole movie was supposed to take place in present day but they retconned that it was the past because of that line in Winter Soldier. That accident he hears about on the phone is obviously Rhodey and the plaque in his office says 2016.

>That accident he hears about on the phone is obviously Rhodey
"Experimental armor". It's about the guys from Iron Man 2, dumbfuck.

>That accident he hears about on the phone is obviously Rhodey
No it's not.
Feige said it wasn't him

Do you remember that the whole thing with the algorithm is that it could accurately predict how pretty much everything would develop?

are you seriously questioning the continuity of the MCU?

>people really think they were referencing Rhodey

Feige was retconning because these problems were pointed out after filming was completed.

If I'm wrong then explain why his plaque is dated 2016 and why he's driving a 2016 Lambo, two things in the movie that date it in present day and couldn't be retconned without a reshoot.

It is set in the present day. It's just that it wasn't about Rhodey either way.

OP here. I didn't mean that the algorithm wouldn't catch Strange, I meant that it's strange (hurr durr) to mention a random doctor alongside the Hulk.

a wizard did it

problem solved

That massive attack they had planned was going to kill like a million regular people. It's no surprise that a regular doctor is on the list.

Think about it

>Can predict people who are or may someday be a threat

Gee, maybe pay attention next time.

Yeah, it was referencing Diamondback instead.

He has a memorable and alliterative name. Probably stuck in Sitwell's mind more than Eli Wirtham or Jackson Arvad.

Take a hard look at your life user

>He wasn't even rich.

What gave you that idea?

The girl doctor mentions that Strange "always spent money as fast as you could earn it."

You don't need millions saved to be considered rich. As long as you're bringing millions in, you're rich.

Strange spends "the last of my money" just getting to Nepal, which is expensive, but not "only a rich person could afford this trip" expensive.

If that's the case, then it adds credence to the sheer range of their purge. It's like if they'd said something like "Elon Musk, Sully Sullenburger, anyone who could be a threat."
The reaction in-universe shouldn't be "oh yeah, two super guys", but "Damn, they're taking down anybody".

Why the fuck would some mook know who Sully Sullenburger is, he'd probably be like "Okay Bruce Banner and who? wait fuck hes already gone now i can't ask who the fuck Stephen Strange is, ah crap it's allteration probably a super hero whatever."

It's implied by his empty apartment that he sold off stuff trying to finance experimental treatments for his hands before that.

Everyone knows who Sully is, the guy is milking the fuck out of his fifteen minutes.

But fine, maybe substitute Dr. Oz instead. Not dangerous, somebody who you'd know and go "Really? THAT guy too?"

Why won't leave?

Jokes i thought that was a made up name like Dave Davenheimer to prove a point, your point stands.

Well it does reference crushed vertebrae, which I believe is what happened to Rhodes.
I dont think a twist like that in IM2 would result in crush...more complete severance of the spine from rip and twist.

It does. Or at least the beginning does

No sense of right or wrong.

There's a dialog about War Machine's injury right before Strange's incident.

(you)

It's also possible that he was on Hydra's radar because of the fact that he spent what was most likely millions of dollars on experimental surgeries to fix his hands.

They probably figured that super-shit wasn't far from where he was willing to go

Here, have a platypus

Doctor Strange did a very poor job of showing how much time had passed in the film

White males

I don't think it's that too far off. If I was in the MCU, I'd keep tabs on every super-genius in any scientific related field of work. I mean, first we have a billionaire mechanic become a cyborg superhero, then a well known radiation scientist mutates into a gamma irradiated monster, and before all of that we've got another brilliant scientist who figured out how to shrink himself to the size of an Ant. So when a super famous and super rich surgeon with a photographic memory pops up, I'd sure as hell want to keep a good eye on him. Same thing with that own kid prodigy who built himself a pair of web shooters after being bit by a spider

He got turned down by the Doc for surgery.

Ofc he was going to be number 1 on the death from above list.

Nigger, he ALSO said a high school valedictorian.

They were clearly targeting any rando smart enough to be a nuisance to a fascist dictatorship.

>applying logic

That was your first normie mistake. Please stop.

Otherwise starts flying out the window like how strange allowed to suit up and nearly operate on TAO despite not being a doc or properly cleaned.

I was really hoping that he'd spend like a year getting killed by Dormammu or something

the director said that wasn't war machine

You guys suck at the no prize. Hydra obviously has some sort of time mirror technology, that, while not perfect, is good enough to show that Dr strange will become a powerful superhero, with the ability to shut down any plans hydra has with dark nazi magic.

The beginning of the film takes place in early 2016 (there are awards in his apartment dated 2016). The director also confirmed that Strange's training takes about a year.

Zola's algorithm analyzed peoples' internet history, phone calls, bank statements, career, etc, to determine whether or not they'd be a threat to HYDRA in the future. Stephen Strange could very well be a possible threat. Famous big-shot surgeon who has been doing groundbreaking shit? Yeah, I could see that.
As for why he Sitwell would mention Strange like he did, I dunno. Maybe Strange was in the news recently.

But that doesn't make any sense considering the Dark Dimension exists outside of time. He was reliving the same few moments in his encounters with Dormammu.

All things considered, Doctor Strange the movie jumps around in time a lot. For all we know, he could have spent a couple months or even a year training in the mystic arts while in Katmandu.

Day 1, he's a doctor performing surgery

Day 2, he crashes his car and has to get surgery

Surgery/Rehab could be at least 2 weeks or up to a month in time given the amount of progress he was shown

7 different surgeries, lets say they all take place a week after each other. So that's 7 weeks right there

Then he starts training in Katmandu, which is at the lowest possible amount maybe a month in time.

I'm really sure they say specifically how long he was gone while he started actually training, but for the life of me I forget what that amount of time was. Lets say its 4 months, since pretty much everyone in his life has already forgot about him and moved on and he's pretty much mastered all of his shit by the end of it. Once again, another rough estimate

Everything else that happens in the movie is maybe 2 or 3 days tops

All together, that's around 7 months all together

So if its safe to assume that the end of the movie takes place in present day, then the overall movie probably took place over 7 months total

My math is probably off by a fuck ton and I've probably forgotten a few crucial scenes that play out much longer or shorter than I remember, but you get the idea

Maybe it was predictive analysis. Stopping Strange from having the freedom to do whatever he wants (as he wouldn't be able to under Hydra) could lead to problems later.

He obviously was spending all his money on those procedures. That's what those doctor meetings were about.