Champions #2

Why does Waid hate Cho so much? He writes him like a edgy Chad.

Waid doesn't know how to write teenagers at all.

He can only write young Cyclops, but because he's a silver age character that doesn't sound like a teenager at all

an*

He is young and strong. Waid is old and weak. It's easier to be derisive of him than understand him as a character.

Marvel writers shove characters into roles as opposed to writing roles around the characters.

Wait a second, doesn't Viv's crystal only glow when she's horny?

Robots can't be horny. That's a human trait.

>edgy Chad

from my understanding isn't this kind of the gimmick of Totally Awesome Hulk

Waid's just pissy DC won't let him back.

Okay, so here's young Cyclops in issue 1 of All-New X-Men. since that time there was the eight-month time-skip between Time Runs out and Secret Wars, and then there was the eight-month time-skip between Secret Wars and the issues which immediately followed from it. That's sixteen months, and let's say that all of All-New X-Men took up... let's call it six months, to be conservative. That means that the Cyclops we see in OP's pic is fully two years older than the one in the pic I'm posting here.

Is this a Benjamin Button situation here?

No. Amadeus can be arrogant sometimes, but he would never be an asshole without a reason

comic writers don't read comics. dude read "young cyclops" and thought he'd put him in his teen heroes drama without checking to see that young cyclops meant younger compered to current cyclops which is somthing like 25 vs 45 not 16 vs 21

I think Bobby was the only one of the O5 that wasn't taking college courses at Xavier's school because he was still a minor. Volume 1 of All-New X-Men made it abundantly clear that Bendis didn't even read the first 5 issues of X-Men and that editors have some kind of non-interference policy with him.

Hulkness intensifies your shit

>Bendis didn't even read the first 5 issues of X-Men

Seven issues, actually. And not only that, but he doesn't seem to have read all the way through issue 8, which is where this scene came from. It was in issue 8 that Iceman demonstrated his ability to 'ice up' rather than take on the 'snowman'-like form of the first seven issues, and yet we never see him demonstrate that ability in the course of All-New X-Men.

Didn't this exact same thing happened when X-Men first fought Unus?
I think I remember it fairly well, Beast quits X-Men saying these words exactly to Cyclops.

But yeah, anyway, Cyclops was never so young as he appears in the Champions now, even in the earliest days.

Yes, same issue actually.
Beast goes back in time to take them to the future before they he leaves the building. Bobby then talks about beating Unus even though they were whisked to the future like a week or two before they actually meet him.

Yeah, more or less. Here's the pages from Uncanny X-Men #8.

In ANXM didn't they keep talking about Xavier as if he was on campus even though he was in Europe hunting Lucifer? Even happened during Battle of the Atom when Raze claims to have saw him while testing the time machine.

Don't even try to figure out continuity in terms of Battle of the Atom. During that story, Raze claws Logan in the chest and then is like "Okay, I didn't suddenly cease to exist! Good! I guess that means I didn't kill him." And then later we see him talking to Xavier's son/grandson/son/grandson/son and saying "Well, you would be a year or so old at that time and I would be just a baby."

It's totally incoherent madness. A big part of what motivated me to start doing this parody of that series which I'm posting here:

It's the hair. Something about hair that looks erect causes people to think of Chads.