So I'm watching through Justice League TaS and I'm starting to want to read some comics about J'onn J'onzz...

So I'm watching through Justice League TaS and I'm starting to want to read some comics about J'onn J'onzz. What's a good place to start? Am I pretty much stuck to reading JLA because he's the Justice Legue's overpowered secretary, and stuck in the Watch Tower? I Realized I don't know much about comics Martian Manhunter.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/dc-sneak-peek-martian-manhunter/
viewcomic.com/martian-manhunter-001-2015-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want to catch up with him in the new 52 read his DCYOU run, is short but is a good read

Get a load of these virgins.

Fuck off Goyer, nobody likes you.

Here read his new 52 series.
cbr.com/dc-sneak-peek-martian-manhunter/
viewcomic.com/martian-manhunter-001-2015-2/

Cool, thanks.
*sigh* The awesomest characters never got large runs in New52.
Zatanna needs a fucking Rebirth already, I'm pissed that Brother Night is still on the lamb but hasn't been doing shit after such an epic escape.

I devirgined ur dad
Thanks dude!

Why not start at the beginning?

Read the Demattis Mini, American Strangers, and the 30ish issues of the Ostrander ongoing. Temper your expectations for the DC You run. And I think there's also strangers among us.

Ahahaha, as if it's ever as simple as that.
You're new to capeshit comics, aren't you?

You can do that for most MARVEL Silver age heroes. If someone asked me where to start with FF, Spider-Man, Fury or Thor I'd tell them to start at the beginning.

I don't know how it is a starting point, but Trial By Fire is one of my favorite runs of anything.

>start at the beginning.
Spider-man has over 700 issues, not even counting ultimate marvel.

Because the original series he was in was actually pretty fucking bad.

Check out:

>JM DeMatteis miniseries
>Late-'90s John Ostrander ongoing
>American Secrets miniseries
>Justice League: New World Order
>'80s Justice League International

And the latest DCYou series.

Adding JLA Year One to this

>Creating Ice Cream with your mind
>Bad

And starting from the beginning is still valid, because Ditko Spidey is GOAT.

I started Marvel with Marvel Comics #1, Marvel Mystery 2-onward, and the rest of Timely's Golden Age catalogue, including CAC, Mystic, Daring, USA, etc.

There's more good shit from the 30s-50s than most cape readers are willing to admit, mostly because they're too lazy to go back.

There are a few amusing issues here and there like that one, but it's mostly forgettable stuff or outright shit.

I hope you don't mean starting with Howling Commandos for Fury.

Silver Age Marvel in general was pretty hit or miss. There was some really good stuff, but there was a lot of bad too.

>Howling Commandos
>Bad
Take that back before I slap the taste out of your mouth.