Hey there Sup Forums what do you think of the comic that I'm working in? (Gouache backgrounds + digital characters)

Hey there Sup Forums what do you think of the comic that I'm working in? (Gouache backgrounds + digital characters)

Hope you like it!

Are the self bump still working?

Well this page is gorgeous, I love it !

Nope, alas not.

It is beautiful user. How will you publish it?

Looks okay, dialogue is shit.

Coloring and designs are lovely but it takes more than eye-candy to make a great series.

Woman in question seems like an incessant chatterbox who's painful to listen to. Is this deliberate?

If you're coming to Sup Forums for reasonable criticism, you have made a mistake. 90% of this board is dedicated to hating comics.

That said, art's good and the dialogue is...interesting. Come back when you have a full issue/chapter done and we'll talk

>dialogue is shit
HoW you figure?

I think gouache is incredibly expensive, but you do you.

I think it's appropriate, at least not having anything else in the scene to go on. Art's fantastic, though.

I don't know where OP lives, but around here it's not more expensive than water colours.

use a slightly larger font size and generally either make the speech bubbles wrap around the text more efficiently or have the text make more economic use of the bubbles.

like, the very last panel, the bubble is elliptical but the speech could fit in a rectangle. that makes it feel off. if the bubble is elliptical then the middle line should be longer than the top and bottom lines,

Not a fan of the lettering. Feels crowded and too monotone.

The art looks pretty good, though I don't understand why you would use gouache for the backgrounds. The lack of outlines on the things that fall off the handbag is kind of weird, as well.

>debt yet
'debt for now' would flow more naturally, and both be more casual and more threatening
The line after is too flat. I'd suggest something stronger. 'You have two of my best men looking after you' or something

"he reminds me more of myself" is rather plain. "resembles my self at his age" for instance, is both a more loaded statement and conveys more emotion. though I have no idea the actual relationship between them so maybe you want a different emotion.

"will pray for" by itself feels only half there. I'd suggest either "shall pray at [religious site]" or 'shall pray tonight' if your intending to establish/reinforce that the character is religious, or just "I pray for" if its simply a turn of phrase

Your blog or gallery?

I'm not sure you're using the right picture to sell your comic.

WoW! Sorry for the late response, guys, I thought this isn't gonna work and I take a break from the pc.

I'm doing a crowdfunding to publish it (not sure if it's allowed to post this kind of link here). But you can see more of my work in my Facebook profile: fb/waroartwork

I using another picture cause you can see better how I used gouache in backgrounds, but you are right!

Here's another little piece.

You can search: "Caro Waro" in Fb or Tumblr

That's cool. Why goauches for the backgrounds? It seems too much work for a comic

The whole comic would take me like 100€ (I'm in Spain)
I love working with gouache and I thought it was a good way to differentiate.

It was, she is supposed to annoy the other woman constantly.

I am a native Spanish speaker, so my translations can be off, I admit it.

Fortunately, the dialogues will be translated by a professional once the comic is released.

It is a webcomic ?

Nope. I'm trying to fund the comic via spacemanproject but it will be only in physical format.

Bumpo

Well I like it so far, what's it about?

You had my curiosiry. Now you have my attention.

This is fucking beautiful, user.

You are gonna make me blush, guys!

It's about a curse that turn the index finger of some women into magic wands, making them really powerfull and dangerous. You have a video in the spacemanprojet page.

btw, if some of you have an idea of sharing this with lots comics lovers it would be awesome. It's hard to fund a crowdfunding.

Thanks a lot!

>It's about a curse that turn the index finger of some women into magic wangs

>It's about a curse that turn the index finger of some women into magic wands
Oooooh I got it now...

Great staging, colors, and overall presentation. Very professional looking!

Except for your lettering. I feel as though you're going for a stylistic choice with the font, but it may be better to get a neutral font or at least a font that fills the balloons better. It makes your pages feel spacey where they may need more impact, and with the strong moods of your staging I think it would really bring the most out of your comic.

I also think for a comic particularly like yours you should consider hand lettering. Type is much easier and much much faster, but you have such an organic feel with your pages that it feels like the type is choking the life out of it. You could have a much more powerful voice with hand lettering.

got it! Lettering still can change, is just an "alpha" version.

this page alone makes me want to read more. badly.

This comment makes me want reach my goal so badly. Thank you!

Here you have the mockup of the normal cover (I'll got special cover too yay!). Should I start a new thread talking about creating a crowdfunding proyect of a comic book?

Bump

Try patreon.

thats looks great

Art is really nice, but I don't get why those earings no-clip through the purse

What you do with the gutters is beautiful.

>Caro Waro
are u a grill?
pls be in londres