What's been the best comic series this year, Sup Forums?

What's been the best comic series this year, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicastle.org/manga-the-flintstones.html
comicshoplocator.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vision

Pic unrelated.

Not muh Flinstones.

Fleentstones has been fantastic but I wouldn't put it at the top of the list.

Personal favorite: Gwenpool

Objectively, probably Vision or Sheriff of Babylon.

well
what would you?
this is a praise thread

Superman Rebirth has been nothing but good so far. dunno if id call it best of the year, but it's up there.

Vision Family or Babylonian Sheriff.

How can people still type with King's cock so far down their throat. surely that blocks their eyes?

ROM.

He's a good writer without being overly pretentious.

years of practice

I'd suck Tom's dick. He's pretty hot.

Damian is the absolute worst mary sue Robin, even Duke is a better character

Not according to sales

For DC, it's either Sheriff of Babylon or Flintstones.

For Image, it's The Fix though I'm also partial to Island' if only because it's nice to see a return of anthology books. Hype as fuck for Dustin Weaver's PAKLIS next year.

For Marvel, it's either The Vision or Gwenpool

For Valiant, I'd probably go with Archer and Armstrong, but Britannia and War Mother both had really strong starts.

Overall, it's hard to decide though. There were quite a few great comics this year from all publishers despite all the doom and gloom shitposting around here trying to convince people otherwise.

I'd have to say Vision or Flintstones. Flintstones felt so out of nowhere that I think it's earned its praise. I remember collective groaning when the Hanna-Barbera lineup was announced.

>Waaaaaaaah stop liking things i dont

>implying sales = quality and not the reverse
Maybe stick to Sup Forums, kid. It's probably a bit more your speed.

>Civil War II is among the highest art in the modern comic medium.
What did you mean by this?

Sonic Mega Drive.
Shut up, Boco. ROM isn't even the best comic from IDW.

>All these Sheriffposters
Is it really all that? I haven't gotten the chance to read past the second issue (or whichever one ended with the cat eating corpses)

No, YOU shut up. ROM is amazing so far.

Tf vs gi joe and dark corridor
eye of the majestic creature:time clock and panther for book releases

If I was suckin his dick, I'd probably say something crazy like that he can actually write action.

I think he was baiting user alot of good comics aren't getting good sales like Vision, anyway wasen't Flintstones really populat with normies people are posting stuff in facebook at least they're know

I think you underestimate quite how stupid the Sup Forums crossposters are. These are people who have convinced themselves that the greatest metric for judging a movie is how big their box office is, and they have no other point of reference when approaching comics so they just do the same thing here.

It's the same mentality that gets us people rampantly shitposting about how "literally who's" in comics are somehow a bad thing and everything should be nothing but A-listers. Obviously people who actually read comics beyond the most casual of levels know this isn't the case, but they don't read comics outside of skimming storytimes for shitpost material.

>Tf vs gi joe
Shit, I forgot that came out this year. Changing my answer to this.

waaaaah Fleenstones insulted mah Drumpie, I hate it waaaah

Gwenpool is my pick, too.

>the greatest metric for judging a movie is how big their box office is
That has to be bait Kubo have horrible box office and is an amazing piece of animation, now movies about B or C characters are a risk for studios, but sometimes they can work really well specially if they make it like the comic even if it looks cheesy sometimes people actually like that

>Low quality post
check
>Related to politics
check

please get out and go to Sup Forums

I tell people to buy the Flintstones fairly regularly. It's good shit.

user, you know that, and I know that, and most other non-retarded Sup Forumsmrades know that.

But Sup Forums crossposters don't know that.

ROM is just okay. It isn't up to the standards of Micronauts or Action Man. So: shut up, Boco.

>Tf vs gi joe
Correct answer.

No one can be retarded enough to think that a movie that made a lot of money is automatically by that Adam Sandler movies are good, not anymore but that movies use to make money for some reason is like believing in rotten tomatoes or IMDB for animation quality

dont forget the ones who try to claim Martha: The Movie was somehow Kino and everyone who thinks it was a poorly paced poorly written piece of shit just dont understand cinema

they do the same retarded song and dance every time and people try to debate their stupidity every time

Flintstones, Injection, Klaus

I've got to give it to Transformers vs GI Joe

>Martha: The Movie was somehow Kino
Oh i remember "comic books are a dead medium and you can accept that your children books are changed by a bold new take in snyder superman

I don't normally read comics, but the stuff I've heard about OP's picrelated makes me really want to check it out. Can someone give me a link or something?

Grumble mumble...fine, but for once I'm doing so with some reluctance.

comicastle.org/manga-the-flintstones.html

Here you go, pal.
comicshoplocator.com/

pic related?

my favorite manga of the year

My favorites, in no particular order, have been Flintstones, Deathstroke, Vision, and Gwenpool.

Ms. Marvel turned to shit real fast once CWII tie-ins started.

yeah I dunno what's up with that in the urls lel

Vision was so close to being amazing, but it kinda fell flat on the very last issue. Almost felt like if King had one extra issue it would have been perfect. Still probably the best thing this year. Kinda makes you wonder what the fuck he's doing on Batman

>Cannibalism: The Unknown Ideal
Is Pebbles a stoneage objectivist?

Too bad people with good comic tastes are parasites who don't support creators.

Thank you very much.

Yeah, thanks. Too bad they're all like on the other side of the planet from me.

Six-Pack and Dogwelder.

I don't count Sheriff because it started last year.

House of Penance
The Fix

Belief in humanity restored

It started in December of last year though, it's not like it had a whole arc completed already before 2016.

I'd say Mockingbird but its dumbass #misterybox issues were unreadable trash. I'd say Josie and the Pussycats but a mere two issues is nothing to base an award on - except by that logic no comic could ever possibly gain "best new comic of the year" awards if it doesn't debut before June.

So with that in mind I am reserving next year's award for Josie and the Pussycats, which means that the 2016 award for "best new comic" belongs squarel to Mia Goodwin's Tomboy.

For what it's worth I have not read a lot of Image this year, and I am also yet to check out Terry Moore's Motogirl, so it's possible next year's award will be taken from the Pussycats (more like definitely, it is a Terry Moore comic after all), but I firmly stand by this year's pick.

Is Gwenpool honestly worth the look?

It's okay. Better than the title warrants, and it's had some great issues, but I wouldn't even put it in my Marvel top 5.

>I wouldn't even put it in my Marvel top 5
damn, it must suck then

It's mediocre and nowhere near even DC's best(most of which would not be from rebirth)

pirate issue 1 and 2 and see if you like it.

It's way better than it has any right to be. Maybe not as great as its fans claim, but definitely one of Marvel's better books and worth checking out. Read the first couple issues and see for yourself.

Also Batroc is one of the main characters, and who doesn't love Batroc?

>Superbro died so we could get a lazy rehash of Reign of the Supermen from Jurgens, Superpandering ft. Gohan from Tomasi, and SuperSJW: It's OK When DC Does It Edition
At least New Super-man is good.

Transformers vs. G.I. Joe, Harrow County, or Rumble for me

Honorable mention Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy the Everything

Sheriff of Babylon

>tfw really liked the first issue of Superwoman but it immediately went to shit after
I'm still buying it because I'm an idiot who hopes it gets good again.

Nah, I just have higher opinions of some of Marvel's titles than most. Gwenpool's on par with or better than most of Rebirth.

you must have a terminal case of waifuism to actually believe that

Kill or be killed
Stray bullets
Deathstroke

Hate to break it to ya, but most of rebirth is pretty bad.

It's mediocre. Marvel is outright shit right now though.

It's not bad. Most of it's decent at worst. It's just... bland, really. There's not much that's ~really~ new or interesting being done.
SP&DW and Young Animal are by far the best things DC is doing.
Marvel, by contrast, is mostly shit, but their good books are actually vaguely innovative and doing interesting things.

>but their good books are actually vaguely innovative and doing interesting things.
examples?

What vaguely intriguing and innovative things?

>Gwenpool was made for the tumblr audience
>Flintstones drew in more attention

Not him, but I really like how the hammer from the Ultimate universe ended up in 616 after Secret Wars, so Unworthy Thor is all about Thor trying to get that one while Jane is using the one from 616.

Nah. Even though I agree with the guys saying that it's resoundingly decent, your terminal waifuism is showing

You realize that's entirely so they can say "ODINSON HAS A HAMMER GAWD SHUT UP ALREADY" and keep Whor around right?

>Gwenpool was made for the tumblr audience
She pretty much has more fans on Sup Forums than anywhere else. We storytime almost any new comic, so people gave it a chance and saw that it was good, while lots of other sites just turned up their noses at the concept.

What the fuck's innovative about that?

I just thought it was a neat way to make use of parallel universes, especially a dead one.

Captain Hydra's exploring its villainous protagonist and Cap's relationship with the rest of the MU, Carnage is using the title character for a Lovecraftian horror story, Vision is a suburban tragedy, Ultimates is exploring the Marvel universe's cosmology, Foolkiller is a compelling character piece about a broken man, New Avengers and Contest of Champions are going out of their way to avoid retreading anything... you get the idea.
Most of Rebirth is just "this guy from prior to 1990 in all the same stories you liked him in before!" There's a lot I like about it, but on the whole... nah.

It's not the hammer from the Ultimate universe. It's a Secret Wars hammer made by God-Doom.

That only proves that Sup Forums sometimes has shit taste, and that your waifu bias trumps all reason when making decisions about comics and cartoons.

>Hydra Cap tweeest
>Lovecraft
>innovative
Are you trying to ruse me?
>Vision building himself a family
truly something new
>cosmic stuff xD
oh user...

They're doing new things with the characters, yes. I'm not going to keep trying to convince you because clearly we have entirely different ideas of what counts as being new.

That sounds as stupid as people who claim that Superman is innovative since he has a son now.

Keep reaching for those stars, bud. Someday you might get there.

>most of rebirth is pretty bad.
Factually incorrect. Most of Rebirth is completely middle-of-the-road mediocrity. Not bad, not good, just OK.

Rebirth is basically DC applying the Jurgens' Law of Mediocrity to their entire line, meaning all of their bad books became decent but all of their good books fell to just being alright. Very little standouts one way or the other.

I only agree with Carnage since Vision is done now. Even Carnage is ending soon. The rest is cookie cutter Cape stuff.

Lovecraft shit and temporary status quo shake ups are not new things, Spencer.

>this is what Marvel shills actually believe
Face it, Marvel is finished.

Or that it's actually a good book, and you're hiding behind "w-waifufags" so you don't have to come to terms with the fact that you have shit taste.

>A Shakespearean tragedy starring a cold blooded assassin
>The whole Watchmen plot
>a political drama about a man trying to build relations between the earth walkers and the undersea world
>Batman and Wodner Woman trying to come to terms with the fact that their friends died and trying to trust this person from an alternate universe
>Superman in a fresh new role as a father
>Blue Beetle II and Blue Beetle III team up book
>Nightwing exploring his new role as a mole infiltrating the Court of Owls

See, I can make stuff look "new and innovative" too if I'm to lower myself to your level.

Cool opinion, my dude.

>waifufag
>calling someone's taste shit