DC has its own spider-man and it needs to use it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8V7a2pxeNeE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best color scheme

Although i didn't mind the white shirt
It didnt mesh well into his pants evenly
Cool how they show the newbies gets more profesional at time goes on

They have Blue Beetle and Static WHOO WHOO and they continue to not do shit with them.

You have an entire generation who grew up with the DCAU and know Virgil Hawkins and Richie as heroes, fighting bang babies and doing their own thing in their corner of the DC universe and nobody is doing shit with their characters.

I'd watch the shit out of a CW series of Static or Blue Beatles

I like the OP costume even tho its generic black and gold

If DC/Milestone ever make another comic series for Static they should make it like the cartoon .

they already have nightwing
he's not that popular

The Milestone comics are going to be headed up be Hudlin so you will probably get the #BlackLivesMatter version of Static

Static is the best

Static has a great supporting cast and great villains. They need to do more things with him.

Maybe we'll see him again in the 3rd season of Young Justice .

the show had those kinds of moments though

A Static Shock movie has all the potential to be a exciting and lucrative film.

They could market the utter shit out of it and get underground rappers like Lil Uzi Vert, Denzel Curry, and Yachty (Whom are all self-proclaimed nerds that most likely have grown up with the show) to link up and mobilize and form the soundtrack and with a solid casting and well set up trailer it'd be impossible for there to be a large buzz around the film.

>Blue Beatles

nobody wants a sad fab four

>associating static with rappers just cus he's brown

Please no

He's a black kid who lives in urban Not-North Minneapolis/Oakland.

Static>discount batman

So, not every melanin enriched kid has to be associated with rap, associated with gang culture

>he's an asian character so he has to be a ninja

Those are two very different things and you know it.

Milestone needs to hurry up and come back so we can get more Static.

Firestorm was actually created by Spider-Man writer Gerry Conway to be similar to Spider-Man, with a twist. He lived in New York and got his powers from a lab accident while he was in high school, but Ronnie was an athletic football player and he was constantly harassed by this shitty nerd.

I feel he's been somewhat forgotten now.

Actually, technically Milestone owns Static. They license him to DC.

This is why you'll never see Static in a movie; WB would never put that much money into a property they didn't completely own, which is also why Black Lightning probably won't ever be in a movie and why they had to use Black Vulcan in Super Friends.

They do own Blue Beetle, though, and I imagine he'll be in a movie eventually.

Static won't be successful until people realize his name is Static and not Static Shock.

Blue Beetle has a comic, yo.

The thing about Firestorm is that he looks and feels a lot like a Marvel character, but specifically a 70's Marvel Character. He's hard to adapt and never really fit in.

They tried to give him a book during the nu52. It was canceled after only 8 issues. Problem is that most people that know him do so from his cartoon and were most likely not even aware of the comics , even with the show having had cross overs with the Justice League.

Just a friendly reminder that Static's action figure is coming out in April next year.

>forgotten
Hes in the new JL show and LoT. He'll probably be in a comic because of synergy. Might be in YJ too.

You know they're not
Even if you dont admit it
But shock is such a good last name

Stop this. NOW.

He's always been associated with hip hop

And Static has always been anti-gang. Fighting bang babies has always been about stopping gang violence

and dont forget his gay friend with a radical standpoint on racism
>10/10 for diversity

The seccond half of your post i agree with

He's got nothing to do with hip hop though, he doesn't even say what type of music he likes. And even if he did, its not a big part of his character at all. Very irrelevant.

Pic related. Lil Romeo was even on the show

Hell Rubberband Man's whole thing was that he went from betrayed rapper to metahuman criminal. And then he reformed and became a celebrity and a hero

Not really.

>all that trap music in my Static

Please no, I despite Lil Uzi Vert.

Well, Lil Romeo did sing the second theme song, and Static does listen to hip hop, among other things.

thats not batman beyond

That's the tv show not the genesis of the character
You realize he's from a comic book right? This weird thing made of paper that has pictures and words on it?

>a show that mixed electronic (i've noticed some house vibes every now and then, classic hip hop, and R&B into one fantastic soundtrack
>It will never be released

Kill me now.

Some of his villains can be a bit silly at times.

Done with nuance and taste because of Mcduffie who is dead

>horrendous mumble trap that doesn't even have a dancey let alone action movie tier beat in a cape film
Kill yourself

Not the guy you're replying to, but I feel like Dwayne McDuffie would have said something about Virgil's taste in music. I remember one episode where Virgil was talking to Richie about a rapper, and Richie's dad wasn't having it.

Batman Beyond?

Richie's dad was straight up racist in that episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=8V7a2pxeNeE

The show is the version of the character that is more popular and what more people are familiar with

And to erase any association Static has with hip hop culture is just sanitizing him for public consumption

Didn't they buy the rights for Static back not too long ago?
Plus DC has
>Blue Beetle
>The Flash
>Wally
>Nightwing

Little romeo is just a character.

And having 1 character who is a musical cleb in universe does not make static have anything to do with rappers. Or rap music

Using that logic if harry from spiderman liked rap music and wanted to make it his carrer you could say that spiderman is rap themed by using that backflip logic.

You're trying real real hard to distance him from hip hop, despite its clear presence and influence in the show.

He your self insert or something?

Its about popularity

When i graduated from HS a few months ago every person I asked loved static shock and impulsively yelled "SUPERHERO.....STATIC..SHOCK WHOOP WHOOOP"

I mean people like the flash
But on popularity static is DC's spiderman

>But on popularity static is DC's spiderman
Well not yet. Static needs a movie to really drive it home.

No, I just feel like you are projecting your racial bias that every young african american person has to be personally associated with rap, rappers because of false prejudemental stereotypes that don't acknowledge that people regardless of skin are individuals.

And that static has no affiliation with any motern day rappers or rap at all when he fights against the gang culture that has been promoted by rap music.

Yep, and it was a realistic racist too. I've seen more people like his dad, regardless of race, than people who do nothing but spew racial slurs.

So am I the only one who wants to see Donald Glover play this fly nigga?

Fuck off then casual

I'll have to see his dreads
But its better that thoes whom eyes are not

Honestly I just want some random good actor who looks like static to be static.
Not some Hollywood fresh princes kid pulling strings behind curtins

Oh and by the way I don't even have a problem with ip hop being involved in the character l, I like a good bit of hip hop and young black men tend to like it, but to try and say it's inherent to the character because if what a wikipedia article says about the score of the show is so fucking cringeworthy and stupid. When you trace the roots of a character you fucking do it right. Read some fucking Static

Not even the same guy you were arguing with, just a curious bystander.

I was about as nerdy as it gets, I was into show tunes and SNES era JRPG sound tracks, but even I was at least familiar with hip hop. Gangsta's Paradise is the only song I particularly liked though. Those choir parts were cool. The fact is, It's just as likely as not that Static had some hip hop that he liked. If nothing else, he was exposed to it.

You want him to reject it because of what it represents to you personally. To the casual observer like me, it makes you seem desperate to own that aspect of the character. That's why I asked. Take it as you will.

Na, i undertand that static as a human has come across some rap, hip hop, and whatever geeky music he likes considering he was written as a comic book nerd originally.

The other guy began proposing that static should be promoted by modern day rappers because the character is related to rap.

I haven't seen statics character care exuberantly or made rap an important part of himself. So clearly there's no reason to try to associate him with modern day rappers other than Virgil's dark skin.

I know it may seem that im making a very anti rap projection but im just trying to clarify that static as a character or really his universe doesn't have any rap associations like the original poster claimed.

I seem to recall the show's soundtrack sampling hip hop. Could just as easily be a throwback to that.

Well shit the show doesn't have to hate and energetic music
But there's a big difference between energetic hip-hop styled action music and being endorsed by modern-day "underground" rappers

Not him but that's retarded. Hip-hop is an intrinsic part of black culture, even if not every black guy and girl is into it. Thinking "ninjas" are at all a part of Asian-American culture is fucking dumb. They're throwaway Saturday morning cartoon mooks; they don't exist in any real sense.

Well a lot of african american people like rap music

But static is not someone to be associated with rap music and endorsed by ''underground rappers" just becuase of his dark skin

I'd say it's based more on relevance. Given how relevant the Speed Force and the Flash in general is to DC, I'd say he's their Spidey.

Not doubting your story, but it really isn't representative. Batman is arguably the most popular superhero here in the US (and for that reason would probably be the Spider-Man analogue on popularity alone), but internationally? Spider-Man is a fucking phenomenon. Easily the most profitable superhero in existence.

Mind you, these numbers are from a few years ago, so things like BvS, Suicide Squad, and Civil War have probably muddied things a bit. But still, Static isn't even on the radar next to Spidey, popularity-wise.

McDuffee's version is one thing, but this is motherfucking Reginald "I'm from harvard" Hudlin we're talking about.