Dredd/2000AD

Dredd Thread: Chocolate waifu edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm surprised Judge user hasn't shown up yet

I have started reading the Case Files 1 today, it's been pretty entertaining

Any stories in particular you have enjoyed so far?

Yeah, I love Judge Nestlé too.

You're in for a ride, bud.

The Krong one was cool, gotta read more

>that cape
Neat

Hershey is literally perfection

What's the best arc and why is it Block Mania/Apocalypse War?

Literally flawless.

Because it's a masterclass in story pacing, threat escalation, compression without excessive density, blunt and effective characterization and setting shift.
And that's just the writing. Ezquerra doing widescreen action comics literally decades before anyone else is a marvel to behold.

Out of the way fags, best Judge coming through

No reason for harsh words. Let's be friends.

Is Hershey asian?

Nope. You'll want to look into Inaba for that.

Or Psi-Judge Zheng.

She sometimes appears to have asian features in some art and it's weird

PUT
ON
YOUR
HELMETS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, Bolland did mean for her to have very sharp, angular features.

Judge Dredd: The Animated Series when?

>telling the Chief Judge to put on a helmet
>telling the Chief Judge to do anything
Better men and women than you have tried. That said, that bit of black bobcut peeking from under the sides of the helmet is the stuff dreams are made of.

>Bolland
>Judge Dredd

that's the good shit.

Right after Dredd 2.

Fair enough. When does it come out? 2017? 2018?
Please lie to me.

Early 2018. Starts filming in January.
We lie because we care.

It does have a fan animated series, doesn't it? I remember one with Judge Death.

Aw, man

>tfw hershey will never bully your dick

youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk

>movie Hershey
She can take care of riots by herself, that's amazing
Antje Traue as Hershey when?

Yep, Superfiend. And there's also Judge Minty, which is awesome.
The folks behind that last one are putting the finishing touches to their Strontium Dog fan film, too. Looks gorgeous.

Feels stomm man.

>you will never spend 30 years in the isocubes for trying to touch Chief Judge Hershey's butt

Dat tight, leather-clad 50 year old butt...

Have you guys played any of these? Dredd vs Death is fucking beautiful

Some pics

I met Wagner at the weekend and nearly passed out when i spoke to him, i was that excited

This is the first time I've ever seen the iso-cubes

Better add another 10 years to my cube time

Haven't tried Countdown, but I did play the shit out of Dredd vs Death. Fanservice-wise it's grand. Props to them for taking the trouble to program all six Lawgiver rounds, even though I only ever used, like, two. Three at most. And the levels are fucking great.
Also, I love that they used the VA's from the audio novels. Toby Longworth is my absolute favorite voice for Dredd, the perfect mix of gruff badass and sleazy asshole.

Too much excitement for your poor heartses!

Countdown is great, it captures well that Megacity 1 mood

RIP multiplayer mode, I believe I was playing as DeMarco in this one

>zombies in the mall
This mission had me crying

Any mission that let you use that judicial shotgun was an instant 10/10 for me.
>That satisfying as fuck "BDOOM!" noise followed by extreme ragdolling

My nigga.
Blowing up vampires and zombies with that shotgun's tha bomb

>That one Arcade level that's just you as Anderson in a banged-up building shooting zombies with that shotgun
My only regret is that there's not a give_all cheat or something to use it on all levels.

>This rampant consumerism makes my skin crawl

Yes, that's the ticket.

What happened to the multiplayer?

>total sentence: 5422 years

Even Dredd has slow days. Go easy on him.

Kek'd

You may contest why Hershey doesn't wear a helmet - but the psi division notoriously refuse.

Servers got closed.
You can still play it offline with bots or online with Hamachi, though.

Rob williams is being a fag.

Le clearly forced token innocent pure black character. This new character of his was completely pointless in Enceladus and is pointless now. Its forced as fuck. He doesn't even have a personality. I'm positive he gives himself a pat on the back because the character is black. Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he's gay in the future.

The current story mentions multiple times that he has set up an illegal private server BUT ITS FOR GOOD SO ITS TOTALLY OK wink wink if anyone ELSE set up a private illegal server then its not THAT BAD YOU GUIZ wink wink wink wink

Fuck off.

And in the same issue had a panel directing a citizen to the "Trump Crater Memorial" either implying Trump was assassinated or le evil Hitler Trump bombed a bunch of people.

Fucking pathetic these libcucks that aren't even fucking American can't keep their own political bias out of science fiction comics.

Thank god for Henry Flints god tier art or I'd drop this shit.

Calm down brah
There are areas named after everyone, one block is named after Hitler

The comic has never been un-political, you mongoloid. You would understand if you grew in England under Thatcherism

Its 2016, who the fuck has?

Yes I know the areas are named after people but the writer is anti trump and its a week before election. The guy just happened to have illegal servers and trump references amirite?

If you are this triggered by a comic you need to go outside

Fuck off faggot

10 years

>Yes I know the areas are named after people but the writer is anti trump and its a week before election
Yes, and?

I ordered the first complete case files on saturday.
I'm pretty hyped.

I hope you enjoy it, it's a fun one

Wowza

>tumblr: the judge

find the nearest trashcan and dive straight in

Unlicensed reading of a spoiler? That's 10 years creep.

>frivolous spoilering

you'll do heavy cube time for this, creep.

Keep going until you at least get to #5. That's my favorite.

What the fuck, Wagner!

Dark satire has always been a stable of Dredd.
So calm your tits - you don't get your knickers in a twist over (insert politician here) being lampooned.
Do grow up and enjoy Different Opinions Than Your Own™

dude chill, sam sucked in enceladus but he's pretty likeable here

Trump memorial centre is hardly anything more than Rowdy Yates block or McGruder street, its not pro or anti in any way.

seriously if you want to get annoyed by something like that check the recent beeby story, now that made me wanna drop the prog.

The difference is its not simply lampooning politics. I would be fine if there was an even share of shots taken. There isnt.

This is the writer injecting his own politics into the story.

Welcome to Dredd

Yeah, because that never happens in satire at all otherwise.
Also, Trump is universally an idiot.
But then so's Hillary and your entire, simplified-for-idiots political circus.
In Dredd such a fact will just be pointed out, laughed at, ridiculed and generally kicked as it's down.

I want Hershey to arrest me.

I want her to dominate me

Judge user, what was the story wherein some judges go to a perps house and see their fantasies?
I remember that female judge thinking about domming some guy

>you will never be dommed by a female judge

I need to see this now

I'm looking for it now
She touched some sludge or a plant or something and she ends up seeing herself in a very revealing judges outfit with a whip standing over a perp

Someone summon judge user.
We need candles and hersheys kisses

>You will never be a genetically enhanced fascist policeman.
>you will never have a tense partnership with an attractive street judge nor will you end up kissing under constant suppressed sexual tension.
WHY LIVE?!

if you wanna red some fapfics of Hershey go here
lewdgiver294.tumblr.com/post/146964923270/the-wall-featuring-chief-judge-hershey

oh baby

So when we went to see Dredd 3D none of my friends really knew much about Dredd (They liked the movie) but when that black lady who played the chief judge appeared I and like ONE other guy in the back of the theater started cracking up over Judge "Hershey"

I know it wasn't likely supposed to be her but I still had a giggle.

Hershey is sort of mentioned in the film
She gets assigned to a deal with a riot by herself.

If I like it I'll get the whole damn thing.
I really wanna read #3 because the dark judges look cool, but I can't read anything out of order.

It is now my head canon that Judge Nestle is the chief judge of that bizarro Judge dimension Dredd visited.

Complete Case Files Hershey Vol #1 when?

#5 has both an amazing Dark Judges arc and possibly the best major arc of the franchise almost immediately after it.

So, that Case Files has all Dredd comics ever? Or only stories with Dredd?

What are some good stories with off-world judges?

My personal head cannon is that she is sector chief rather than chief judge of the whole city

It's mostly the stuff with Dredd as the MC, though that makes up like 98% of the comic. They also contain the stories where he's a minor character.
The solo Anderson stories get their own books and I think the progs that are in the annuals are collected separately as well.

Just the main Judge Dredd stories that appeared in 2000ad and Judge Dredd Megazine. So almost everything staring Judge Dredd except some side stories. Most notably America and the Necropolis prologue story Tale of the Dead man are collected separately.
There are also a bunch of stories set in Dredd's world that don't feature Dredd, too many to list here. Some are collected for the rest you will have to seek out original issues

They vote now in Dredd?