Is he right?

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=woc7wVMQfXI&ab_channel=CapriZone
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not an argument if I say so
I'm just happy it isn't a food metaphor

Being on fire isn't so bad

It's the same as saying "Oh cheer up, there are kids starving in Africa." Like how you're not allowed to be sad if you're not the saddest person in the world.

The problem with the "it happens to men too" thing is that it's used to stop discussion when it should instead be used as an impetus to team up and solve BOTH problems.

Maybe if the "It happens to women" people actually cared that it happened to other people we would, but these people are only bitching for bitching's sake.

>
The problem with the "it happens to men too" thing is that it's used to stop discussion when it should instead be used as an impetus to team up and solve BOTH problems.

You aren't wrong. But I think it's a valid point to bring up when you have women acting like it ONLY happens to them. Or that it's somehow worse when it happens to them.

I want to hate fuck white korra

>The problem with the "it happens to men too" thing is that it's used to stop discussion
I think the problem is that nobody actually use that argument outside of strawmaning against it.

So the joke is that women need to stop bitching so much?

No, it's a strawman. The argument, when used properly, is that no one has ever been accurately represent and CANNOT be accurately represented while still having the story that the person wants to tell. You know, because the characters are fictional?

'misrepresented' implies there's an 'accurately represented', which is never going to make sense outside of the context of their own mind

it's personal preferences pretended to be something more

No he isn't right and the fact that two guys are using their made up female character to spout their opinions about gender shit is frankly a bit distasteful.

The joke is that this bitch should've been charged for assault, because she literally assaulted a guy for claiming the very basic fact that men (all billions of them) do in fact get assaulted.

youtube.com/watch?v=woc7wVMQfXI&ab_channel=CapriZone

>it should instead be used as an impetus to team up and solve BOTH problems.
This. Instead of looking to solve underlying societal problems, people prefer to focus on the symptom.

They have been on fire for hours, clearly being on fire is not to so bad and she should stop crying.

What's the problem with being unable to accurately represent a large number of people who themselves are different? Isn't that impossible?

>BOTH problems

Usually the problem is only a minor discomfort effecting one side. In this metaphor, both sides are on fire, but one side doesn't mind and some prefer it.

and pretty much this

Critical Miss is a videogame strip. So I'll assume this is about videogames.

Representation of anyone in videogames in a non-issue. Man get used as enemy cannonfodder, women have big tits, big deal, get over it, it's not a social issue.

The issue is more that it happening to men means that issue isn't what it's presented as. It's more like the woman said "Oh fuck! Fire hates women!". There are issues with oversexualisation and unobtainable ideals being presented as the norm, but it's not women being oppressed or singled out, it's underlying issues that are present across all peoples. By ignoring those underlying causes any sort of attempt to band-aid the treatment of just one sub-group while ignoring everything else, is only ever going to result in failure.

When is he gonna finish that comic?

He's technically right, in the dumbest way possible.

In that it's not a counter-point to it being criticized, but it is a counter-point to it being a disproportionately women focused issue

What a terrible metaphor.

Fire good, cook meat. Yum.

Critical Miss is really back and forth at times.

Either way, I want to fuck white Korra.

Huh that almost seems like wgo ever read this is able to see logic and can take a contextual stance on things

.....is she our guy?

Why did they make her ugly? Piggy nose.

underrated post

No, he's left.

There's a comic?

That's kind of the opposite of what this strip is doing.

Just because some are used of something bad doesn't mean people aren't allowed to complain about it.

how is he wrong?
> and the fact that two guys are using their made up female character to spout their opinions about gender shit is frankly a bit distasteful.
Are you saying artists shouldn't be allowed to express themselves through the medium of their choosing?

Using a female avatar doesn't make a statement more or less true.

I have no idea what you are saying.

>Are you saying artists shouldn't be allowed to express themselves through the medium of their choosing?
Doesn't this mean that people can literally not be misrepresented because the author is just expressing himself?

>Using a female avatar doesn't make a statement more or less true.
It makes it funny because, using SJW logic, they wouldn't be able to accurately represent a female's opinion because they aren't females themselves.

>Doesn't this mean that people can literally not be misrepresented because the author is just expressing himself?
Of course there can be misrepresentation, but it's not the case here. If someone is wrong, you tell why he is wrong, but you do not complain about the WAY he express himself.

>It makes it funny because, using SJW logic, they wouldn't be able to accurately represent a female's opinion because they aren't females themselves.
But that's wrong. Not that it always success, but anyone can try and understand someone else.

That comic should end with the worldwide revelation that fire isn't harmful and all the societal implications that would have.

Shut the fuck up you stupid SJW piece of shit.

>conflating a grievance/annoyance with something gravely harmful

Guys don't waste all their time complaining because most know to just move the fuck on and enjoy other things.

>how is he wrong?

Because making a video game character with big tits isn't the same as actually lighting actual women on fire?

Because "Misrepresentation" is entirely subjective and what one woman sees as a gross mischaracterization may be enjoyed, either genuinely or ironically, by another woman?

Because the analogy being used is pathetically reductionist?

>Are you saying artists shouldn't be allowed to express themselves through the medium of their choosing?

No, I am saying that it is extremely deceptive and intellectually dishonest to take an issue that is all about a certain population group and the make up an avatar that is a part of that population group to represent your opinion on that topic despite you not being a part of that group.

This might shock you, but people generally take women more seriously when it comes to topics that relate to women.

To anyone that isn't aware of the who the authors of the strip are it creates the impression that they are speaking from their own experience and in their own interest, which they aren't.

i'm pretty sure i agree with his point but wtf is he trying to say? i htink this is a dumb comic

>Of course there can be misrepresentation
How?

>But that's wrong.
That's why I said "using SJW logic." You should have ended the sentence right there.

There is nothing I said that was SJW.

Why should she be jealous of Tifa when she's way hotter?