What are some art styles you really like?

What are some art styles you really like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSOxZBHeBEA
youtube.com/watch?v=RD1lNidA9Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=mNhe7UJUZEs
whatisdeepfried.com/2000/12/31/clarissa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I understand your frustration.
^

Art deco.

this

Well rendered generic animu style?

Ink with watercolour, in general. Does not have to be realistic.

Source?

does this count

Side art from Stand Still Stay Silent.

Stand Still Stay Silent fan?

Song of the Sea was prettier

.......... yes?

it wasn't

speaking of hand-drawn animation

not Sup Forums but this was easily the prettiest game I ever played

it's not like it's pushed the limits of technology either, it was just a solid art style and execution

I think despite the show itself being pretty divisive on Sup Forums, most people would agree that the art style had a lot of charm.

Not trying to waifu bait or invite people to dump pictures or whatever, it's just something I've always appreciated. I believe it was one of the last cartoons to do all hand-drawn backgrounds.

The show also had a great sense of color.

pepe larraz's style is gr8

yoshinari's a master desu, though not Sup Forums related

jenzee's gr8, though the studio's new game seems to be going back to bastion-esque aesthetics

>not Sup Forums related
Nigga, he is such a westaboo he miht es well be /ourguy/

Hos work dies not look cartoony enough, infact, being cartoony is being ugly on purpose.

Your post makes no sense.

what a thrill

I too enjoy looking at inkblots

i too enjoy well-placed ink blots

It's a rorschach test
If you happen to see two men it means you are gay

i'm a flaming faggot then

here's another rorschach test; if you see a white-haired twink fuckboy, you're gay.

I only see Raiden. Am I not gay then?

No, you are mistaken, it''s el ninja

This one. I don't know what it's called, but I really like it.

I'm not sure why, but I've found Mark Marek's style insanely appealing since I first saw it in KaBlam! as a kid.

Every since the old CN city bumpers, I fell in love with the practice of compositing 2d characters on a 3d background. Gumball and Kizumonogatari are the only two contemporary examples I can think of though.

This is a better example
Also this whole fucking scene
youtube.com/watch?v=zSOxZBHeBEA

Was just about to post CN City, though I admit Gumball's looks don't really do it for me, I guess it's the lighting?

Are there more of these?

>bottom right
>when you get the illuminated capitals just right

see, the thing I like most about MLAATR's artstyle is the amount of art deco it had going on. it really wasn't afraid to use some nice perfect curves and straight lines and have a whole retro futuristic vibe. I respect that.

Yeah, the whole mixed media thing is super well done in Gumball.
youtube.com/watch?v=RD1lNidA9Qo

I love the artstyle of The Oblongs

Can we stop with this "aged up by henry" Susie crap?
I like her as a loli.

What do you mean?

Seeing as somebody already posted Song Of the Sea, I might as well post my second favourite artstyle.

I could really hand this to any of Disney's movies from about the jungle book onward or An American Tail, but I think The Secret Of Nimh has the best possible implementation of this style.

I like it for its emphasis of absolute detail over smoothness, cleanliness or simpler, more immediately appealing visuals. The whole thing has an earthy colour pallette but never one that feels artificially muted and designs that keep the characters quite close to the animals they're supposed to be, facilitating some startlingly realistic movements, particularly with the bits where Mrs Brisby actually scurries about.

All that said, it never strays into Watership Down territory, where all the characters are all pretty much exactly their animals and the environments are as accurate as possible For extra horror and is all the better for it.

Also, not artstyle, but it's one of the few movies I've ever seen that does one thing SO WELL that everything that isn't that thing just seems tacky or weak by comparison. That thing being Mrs Brisby being a god-tier mother and all the intense stuff she has to go through for her family, versus just about every other element in the film. I'm pretty sure the entire NIMH/stone subplot could be cut in its entirety and the movie would be none the worse for it, but that's just me.

>furshit
>good
lol

REEE TALKING ANIMALS REEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=mNhe7UJUZEs

Fuck off autist, nobody cares to please you.

This. The character design is distinctly western, but the shading and attention to detail is on-par with manga.

I would love to see more comics like this one.

Whoops, image appeared sideways because I'm retarded

Nobody would even know who she was of not for him pedo

That type of art style only works when you've got a delicate touch for filling in children

wat

Isn't that the plot of the series? idk, it's been a while since someone's posted it to ylyl

I mean the artist really has a knack for putting value in little girls

Dammit what's this comic called. I see a everywhere.

>Dammit what's this comic called.

*Dammit, what's this comic called?

whatisdeepfried.com/2000/12/31/clarissa/

This. I have an unnatural love for just about anything out of studio trigger.

It's hard to beat Kerascoet.

I like Tom Monster.

I've been shamed.

I love weavers sketched out style. Its a lot of fun imo.

Idk why I like it so much. Its got some weird charm to it.

>I love weavers sketched out style. Its a lot of fun imo.

*I love weaver's sketched out style. It's a lot of fun IMO.

REEEEEEEEEE granmer natzi's leaf me alooon.

>Idk why I like it so much. Its got some weird charm to it.

*IDK why I like it so much. It's got some weird charm to it.

I like the dreary vibe I get from her comics. Really comfy in melancholy kind of way

Wow this is awful. Jesus.

Go suck henry's dick,I'm sick of his "aged up" crap,He's a killer of lolis.

>Go suck henry's dick,I'm sick of his "aged up" crap,He's a killer of lolis.

*Go suck Henry's dick, I'm sick of his "aged up" crap. He's a killer of lolis.

Meme.

Wahhhhhh my lolis

The Brothers Hildebrandt are truely amazing.

Wahhh my "aged up" fetish.

>truely

*truly

Animated George Carlin

Very much the spiritual successor to shows like and SJ in terms of the art style. Very expressive and evolves Gendy's style to a more modern era while still respecting Gnedy's principals (heavy caricaturizarion, simplicity over detail, effective combination of curves and edges). Helps that many people who worked on this show worked with Gendy, McCraken or other people who have similar design philosophies.

Genndy Tartakovsky design

Its efficient and gets the feel and look of a character in a simple way.

>Its efficient

*It's efficient

Whatever Moebius' style would be called. I love how even his simpler scenes (or things like Blueberry) have such complexity and detail. It makes things feel so alive somehow. Or lived-in. I don't know

I get the same feeling when looking at things like Tintin, or Akira, and Otomo's whole design tendencies, especially in backgrounds and props.

Oh my god

*Oh my God.

It's an art style thread you baby

Hussnasty

YEAH :D

>referring to a specific god
>ishygddt

dat Cyber Art Nouveau aesthetic

Reading the Prophet storytime reminded me how much I like this

It's like Tron mashed with The Great Gatsby

I love it, and it makes me disappointed that their next game is has such a pedestrian setting