So what's the one thing that most people seem to frown upon when designing a character's costume that you love...

So what's the one thing that most people seem to frown upon when designing a character's costume that you love ? Fantasy bikini armor ? Pouches ? Boob windows ? Shoulder pads ? It can be anything, I'm not judging.

For me it's the jacket, especially a flight or leather one. . Wonder Woman during Odyssey, Superboy during Reign of the Supermen or Future Trunks during the Android saga - as long as it doesn't have a cape almost any costume can be improved with one if you ask me.

In principle, I don't have a problem with Wonder Woman in tights or with the jacket.

In practice, she just ends up looking like a knockoff of Jim Lee era Rogue.

MAH NIGGA

I liked the coat and the pants. JMS did a shit job on Superman but his WW run was good and promising.

Jesus, never noticed that. Although one is body suit while the other is pants plus corset (I think ?) and if she consistently would use her shield and sword she would really look different.

Not exactly a "love" but I never hated when an artist used current timed styles.

Like the 80 big hairsprayed rocking hair, or 90s mullet or 10s side cut thing.
They're never my favorite thing but I've never been rustled by it.

I love a 70s version (or 70s parody version) of a character that makes them look like a disco star with a giant afro.

I'm fine with tacticool costumes and I love jackets.

>Future Trunks
Fuck yeah, I want that Capsule Corp. brand jacket.

None of those elements are inherently bad as long as they are integrated into a thought-out, well-designed costume which suits the character, senpai.

No one said they're bad. Read the post again.

High heels. They just look cool.

I know they're impractical but so is going out to fight crime when you have no powers.

Are there people who DON'T want Trunks' jacket?

No matter the bodytype it's still rad as fuck

Well the classic one does end bellow your chest level so it can look silly on people in real life, especially if you're not thin and have narrow shoulders.

This is my favorite art of that costume because it shows it being torn off and tossed in the trash where it belongs.

The best looking incarnation of Katana yet and guess what she's wearing ? A jacket.

My favorite Rogue look and I'll never apologize for it

No one would ask you to.

Boob pockets. They always prompt the snarky scoff of "Pfft, clothes don't work that way! Have you never seen a REAL WOMAN?" and it's always so unfair and stupid.

1. Clothes totally "work like that". All you have to do is to sew boob pockets on them. See picture; totally doable.
2. They look FANTASTIC. They look so great that I wonder why the fuck they're not a common real-world fashion.
3. Shut up.
4. Fuck you.

I grew up in the early 90s. I'm down with the jackets, Gambit head thingy, swimsuits, pouches, muscles, and thongs

I am not from American culture and thing that weirds my jimmies is how crazy scared American designers are about the most simplest sexy thing.

And it is not just sexy thing. It is having the WRONG sexy thing.

Lesbian left handed eskimo albino mixed race gender spirograph yaoi fisting is good. Teenage genius showing belly button means time to call out the Mulllahs.

Crazy comic book lady writes Nuts about butts is good, but only if straight men are not too attracted.

I remember, she dress just like cyclops with jacket there, but one is too hot for the TV and other is fine. What is problem?

Other thing. Everyone so afraid of gun. Gun is for super edgelord only, like deadpool, punisher cable guy. Yet everyone ok with nuclear reactor in jcock strap. Something like a quarter of american own gun. And american cop in reals drive around with enough firepower to take over small south american village.

I don't care. I love the sexy long pants

And the jacket is an extra, mostly because of this

At least it was mostly well designed, unlike that garbage by Finch

I'm European and you're mostly making no sense even to me. There are gun weilding heroes, there just not too many of them since super hero readers prefer super powers, crazy gadgets and martial arts. As for sexualization of teens no one wants people look at his comic and ask him if he's a pedophile.

Same, I love all those designs you named for the same reasons.

I'm also a sucker for masks that don't cover the person's hair. Some examples would be Invincible, Kid Flash, Ultimate Spider-Woman (and I guess regular Spider-Woman too).

On the flipside though, I also enjoy the full headmask condom look that characters like Red Robin and Rex Splode sport.

Carol's costume was lovely, the only thing I didn't like that much were the high heels (though I didn't mind them either). She was beautiful and looked powerful and confident.

I didn't mind the new Captain Marvel outfit (before they went full bulldyke bondage mohawk) but this will always be my favorite outfit of hers.

...and?

I
jackets

I'll never understand Sup Forums's hard on hatred for more armored or textured suits, especially in live action where more simplistic costumes just don't work as well, especially on non-powered heroes or those that don't have invincibility and endurance as a power.

Everything about this pic is what I like and will never have again.

...underpants ?

people seem to frown upon superheroes wearing normal clothes, but I always like it when they do.

I don't hate it when it's done well, and looks like something you can actually wear and does the job. Same goes for spandex.

When it looks too busy or the designer went overboard on 'realism' it sucks.

It's usually done completely wrong. Like Nolan Batman having stiff plastic armor that he can't move around in very well. Batman operates at night and uses stealth; being able to maneuver silently should be a higher priority for him than being bulletproof.

i love pockets and pouches

Jacket Avengers were great. I want one of those jackets. Also I liked the frequent headsets and sunglasses.