Should I read this?

Should I read this?

Is it even canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wISs5vEIej8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is it even canon?
Does it matter?

It's atleast still canon to two people in the universe.

And yes. The Morrison through Kelly, 1-90 run of this comic is the best the Justice League has ever been.

Avoid the first arc like the plague, it's typical Bat-wank garbage. The rest of Morrison's JLA is good.

Like all good DC stories, it's been removed from continuity and there are only vague promises that it may be restored one day.

Read it if you want to see a JLA comic that's not boring shit and properly uses all the members.

It's all canon man

Also yes

>It's atleast still canon to two people in the universe.

Superman and Lois.

Wally's a bit weird and it may or may not apply to him, given his fluky memory.

>It's atleast still canon to two people in the universe.

?

Kadavra clarified that as him seeing the life of other Wallys and getting confused

>Should I read this?
Yes, it's quite good
>Is it even canon?
Why the hell would that matter?

You know the funny thing about "canon," OP?

Everything is canon.

For all the fretting, the only "non-canon" stories are the ones that cause contradictions, but you could figure that out yourself. Even then, if the story is good people will reference it anyway.

Read what you like. Don't worry about bullshit like "canon."

>the best the Justice League has ever been
Nope

>Is it canon?
Is anything?

Yeah, it's really the best Justice League has ever been.

I disagree somewhat with that to soem degree, while batman definetly got the most focus, morrison was great at giving pretty much everyone a "moment". Aquaman shutting down brains and flash knocking guys into orbit

Yes. It's a matter of what memories he does have. Speed Force gave him the memories, he's got Speed Force, so it's loosely canon to him if he can remember it.

It's one of the best, or the best, JL run.

Every character was on point and the dynamic was 10/10.

>Traveling at escape velocity
>Falls back down to Earth

Morrison confirmed hack.

Does it work as it's own separate thing

Does it have a good ending?

Even after all these years, this particular issue is still a perfect superhero comic.

Martians can fly. He probably maneuvered himself to not exit orbit but couldn't stop his momentum.

Or maybe Wally was bullshitting to himself in his head.

Stop this

Legacy fucking matters

I don't want to read the Flash and have to guess if Barry died or not in this timeline

>Legacy fucking matters
No it doesn't

I don't give a shit if I'm reading something from post or pre Crisis or Zero Hour or the New 52, or whatever. If it's good that all that matters

Whether Barry's dead or not is only relevant when the story calls attention to it. For all you know Barry never existed in stories that don't mention it.

Caring about how canon a story is just makes you fret about useless garbage. General continuity is fine and expected, but brushing stories aside because they "aren't canon" is fucking retarded.

please don't say "retarted" user, it's pretty rude. Thanks.

Everything is canon you fucking pleb shit.

Oh, sorry.
It makes you worse than an invalid.

Better?

>was this published between the years of 1986 and 2011
boy that was difficult

It matters retard

I could have more feels for Hal Jordan if I know he had his life ruin by a space bug rather than being a random douche

Yeah, that's basic continuity. You just assume things flow from one story to another unless stated otherwise. That has nothing to do with whether stories are canon or not.

Besides, like
said, big ass reboots are few and far between.

>Post-Crisis DC was only 25 years.
Feels weird.

Haha, I love this meme!

How is it a meme

Yeah the other heroes I can understand, but having Batman be the greatest and coolest hero ever and save everyone else by beating white martians is the dumbest, most wanking shit I've ever read in a comic book. It makes me wanna throw up.

I swear Batfags are the biggest bitches, defending that trash.

>Batman beats Martians with fire
>this is somehow the dumbest, most wanking shit you've ever read in a comic book

>capeshit
>continuity

>Batman surviving a plane crash and the White Martians can't even check if he's still alive from a distance
>White Martians are somehow perplexed that someone *gasp* USED THEIR WEAKNESS AGAINST THEM, Protex repeatedly pointing out that it was just ONE MAN who did something so INCOMPREHENSIBLE
>Superman outright calls Batman "the most dangerous man in the world", conveniently forgetting everyone that's ever ruined Batman's life (or, for that matter, his own life)

>Is it even canon?
oh, you're one of "those"

Anonymous, a few days ago I went to Vermont. A lot of flights. I was finishing my book, and decided to buy JLA to entertain myself. I heard it was good, but I wanted to be sure.

And holy shit, it was huge. Despite some HUUUGE nineties shit like Superman's mullet and becoming electric Blue briefly, it's definitely THE best run. It's pretty old school, it's a good price, you should definitely get it.

issue number 7 (superman wrestling an angel) is absolute greatness. only thing i dont really like is the anime tier art on wonder woman's face region.

Sorry, Morrison's Justice League is THE Justice League run. I don't make the rules here, pal.

too bad about the art

It mostly works as its own separate thing. There's a couple of issues here and there that crossover/reference something happening in other books (most notably when Gotham got destroyed and Huntress was there).

It doesn't really have an ending. The JL just breaks and splits up into component part and starts a new Justice League series. Just stop at 90, everything after Kelly isn't worth reading.

The writing's so damn good, you can easily overlook the dated artwork.

>best the Justice League has ever been
Why did I think casuals would read silver age.

You are so butthurt. Morrison did a great job with batman, great justification of the character being in the league.
Sadly now we have people like Johns doing 50 issues runs

>you can easily overlook the artwork.
Never, art is always at least half of a comic not just pretty pictures to gloss over while I read the text

Also Porter in the 90's wasn't dated, he was just bad. Whatever he did that turned him into the artist for JL3000 was an amazing improvement

>Never, art is always at least half of a comic not just pretty pictures to gloss over while I read the text
I bet casuals like you think older comics or Black and White movies aren't worth a damn Pretty colors and good animation = good anime/cartoon. No, unless the emphasis is on just visuals alone or largely visuals, one can easily overlook the artwork and enjoy the comic/cartoon/anime.

youtu.be/wISs5vEIej8 nice

Too bad he stole almost everything cool in this part of the run from Kirby.

>Morrison stealing from Kirby
SAY IT AIN'T SO!

>casuals
Talking about 20 year old comics and art.
is casual that your go to insult? Mine is faggot, faggot.

Wut?

>Is the best JLA run even canon?