So are they just going to sweep this under the rug?

So are they just going to sweep this under the rug?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BMU8TLaX_jw
youtube.com/watch?v=r_beum3_P3Q
youtu.be/6nqWNZl3Ou4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good, it was absolute shit compared to the original. Around that time Disney had a habit of releasing straight-to-video sequels that were really, really bad. They just didn't care about the IP at all and only wanted the money from gullible kids.

it was shit and you should be ashamed of even remembering it

The reprisal of Girl Worth Fighting For wasn't bad

shit disney thread?

Goddammit, what a waste of returning voice actors. EVERYONE returned, except Eddie Murphy (but fake Murphy was alright) and Pat Morita (who died).

The story was only TV series tier. Why didn't they make a TV series?

Simba's Pride was shit, this was playful at least

i found it quite fun actually

this song was good to: youtube.com/watch?v=BMU8TLaX_jw

>this song was good to

*this song was good too.

Fuck you, it knew what it was.

Donny Osmond didn't return

I thought we left shitty grammar correcting back in 2012

So what about Disney sequels that buck the trend and are actually good?

I like the 3 Aladdin films, I'd say 2 is definitely the weakest but it's still solid.

Can''t really think of anything else. I did when younger feel surprised that Jungle Book II was stronger than I expected, but I was too young to trust that opinion without going back and I'm kinda scared to.

Bambi II
Cinderella III

>Bambi II
this

101 Dalmatians 2: Patch's London Adventure is actually pretty good. Surprisingly well written from what I remember.

Why do people always forget the best Disney sequel ever made?

(Unless Empire Strikes Back technically counts now... or Winter Soldier)

Holy shit i thought i was the only one

>Why do people always forget the best Disney sequel ever made?
The topic of Disney sequels generally only covers straight-to-video stuff, not theatrical releases. Resucers Down Under has the budget quality you'd expect from the Official Disney Canon, the straight-to-video stuff, not so much.

Basically it's a league of its own.

Twice the...fun?

They managed to take an underrated classic and shit it up so thoroughly it almost soured the memory of the first one.

Pretty much this Disney treated it as a full blown theatrical release, so I never think about it when discussing the other sequels.

Do live action direct to video's count?

Being great as it is, why wasn't it released theatrically?

shit?

The only thing I remember about this movie is the part where the kids open a "secret" magazine with the shrunk parents watching in shock, only to reveal it's a science magazine

That said the first movie is god tier and the second one, despite the criticism, is pretty fun

These are the best Disney sequels. They also work as a perfect prologue and epilogue for the TV Series, because they were pretty much done by the same people.

King of Thieves is better than Return of Jafar by a good margin, though. More interesting plot, better songs, and got Robin Williams back after he wasn't in the second (not that Castellaneta was bad in 2).

>best Disney sequels
Personally I'd give the Lilo and Stitch sequels that honor.

It was.

>tfw the only way to get this and Hunchback on Blu ray is via a double pack with their terrible sequels.

If you're that passionate about it we have stand alone BD release for both over here in the UK that you can import.

>Personally I'd give the Lilo and Stitch sequels that honor.

>Stitch! The Movie

That was heinous trash. It was another one of those "lead-in to a shitty TV series" sort of "movies". Like Tarzan & Jane.

Krunk's New Groove was pretty bad, too. Atlantis II is the worst of them because it was the lead-in to a TV series that never happened.

The only good thing to come out of this movie was the tunnel song.

Wasn't that within the first five minutes?

As a kid I didn't even realize this was a sequel.

I'd say Adventurers Down Under, but that probably doesn't count because no one remembers the first one.

We're the only ones who watched it

Keep dreamin'.

The only thing I liked from it was this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=r_beum3_P3Q

>my older sister liked both of the DTV Lion King movies
>she's actively following that shit tv show
Fuck, I love the Toy Story series to pieces and even I refuse to be optimistic about 4.

no atlantis 2 was even worse. it wasn't an intro for a serie.

it was a serie turned into a movie.
they crammed 3 or 4 episodes together and made it into a movie.

Speaking of bad home video releases
>buy a two pack DVD of Muppets Take Manhatten and Muppets in Space
>Muppets in Space is in fucking 4:3

Never even know this shit existed. What the fuck was it about? Also Timon and Pumbaa already had their own movie, what the fuck?

Are blu rays region locked? That sounds just retarded enough to be exactly what happened.

I'm sure it's the same movie with a different title in another region. Look at the rating on the box.

I love Return to Neverland

I watched it a few months ago and had forgotten how it tried to be 'moodier' and 'edgier' than the first movie. Jane spends most the movie depressed and grumpy and doesn't even befriend Peter until like the last twenty minutes

and that soundtrack...

That's a lotta Dreamworks face.

That was damn amazi-- oh wait, I'm thinking of Fievel Goes West. THAT was amazing.

fucking moron it's literally rosencrantz and guilderstern are dead with animals

Some are. Assume "yes" unless it's advertised as a region-free version.

Reminder that Atlantis 2 was three episodes of a canned TV show stitched together and that the show was going to have a Gargoyles crossover where the gang fights Demona in Paris

Name one good reason Disney should ever bring any attention to that movie.

They did that same shit with a Space Jam and Looney Tunes Back in Action two pack

It was entertaining for what it was. And what it was is better represented by the other title "The Lion King 1 1/2". An irreverent take on the original story through the characters of Timon and Pumba. I imagine if you went in expecting "The Lion King 3" you might be a bit disappointed though.

Give em the LAAAAAAAAZY eye!

Which got the 4:3 shaft?

It was also suppose to have it's own ride at Epcot with a meet and greet characters from the movie area.

I actually really liked this movie but "Honey I Blew Up The Kid" was awful.

I think I also liked the tv show but I don't remember any of it.

good direct to video sequel

Those were surprisingly good.

I liked The Lion King 2, mostly for some of the music (Didn't really care for "We Are One", and "Upendi" was horrible.) also liked the two death scenes.

I liked "He lives in you" even if it sounded like a religious song.

The emperor's new groove

Wasn't the original Goofy Movie also direct to video?
youtu.be/6nqWNZl3Ou4

Lesson Number One was a very good song. Its the only part of Mulan 2 that I remember.

That was a sequel?

to the Emperor's Old Groove

That series was fucking silly nerdy schlock gold, I loved it. It's a shame the actors (or most of them?) never did much else, they did good work.

No, that was theatrical.

You're shitting me?! That was literally my all time favourite Disney movie since before I can even remember, and I could have actually seen it in theaters? That's a devastating blow to my soul

That's how I felt when I heard Iron Giant was re-released IN THEATRES
WITH NEWLY ANIMATED SCENES

and somehow I missed it

The Honey I shrunk the Kid TV show was fun, but I watched for the dual-waifu team of Barbara Alyn Woods and Hilary Tuck. Man, so many rude thoughts entered my young mind whenever that show came on.

I actually thought it was pretty bad for most of the film. Then had an amazing final scene surprisingly.

Since we're on the topic, this film had a pretty good budget for a strait to DVD mid-quel. It really felt like a natural sequel, instead of a corporate cash in.

That actually had a sequel, called Kronk's new groove. I liked it desu, it was fun

Wait, is it really? Because that's amazing on so many levels.

Yup, all Lion King movies were inspired by Shakespeare plays.

Back in Action

That's at the Submarines at Disneyland. At World, they were going to expand Adventureland for it.

What the shit?

that one was supposed to be theatrical, but it went straight to DVD since Jungle book 2 was shit

ey, this was pretty good

It was a sports magazine, silly. The joke was that Moranis's character wanted his son to be a scientist like him but his son was a huge sports fan.

>Alvin and Chipmunks did a spoof of the first movie.

>Years later, this came out.

I haven't watched it since a while ago. The reason I liked it when I was growing up was probably because I'm a spic.

I have it on VHS, I saw it again recently and I believe the whole thing is Donald doing drugs while reading about central and south America

To think that we almost had Aristocats 2

Fuck you, I liked it.

Shakespeare didn't write Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Undisputed winner

What happened in Mulan 2?

My bad, disregard that, then.

Mulan injects her obnoxious views, like Lisa Simpson, into Chinese politics even though there was a new enemy the Chinese needed to unite against and Mulan's stupid views about women marrying who they like instead of following royal law of politics could have risked the nation.

That and they made Shang even more incompetent and if you hated Mushu in the first film for being a jackass? You'll hate him even more in this one. This film explained precisely why the ancestors despise Mushu and its because he treats them like his literal eternal slaves. No wonder they were nasty to him in the first film.

HE ATE PEANUT BUTTER, HE CAN'T SING AT THE CARNIVALLLL

DON'T MAKE ME SAY IT

The original Pocahontas is one of the worst films in the Disney Animated Classics canon (before you get to early 2000s CG shit).

But Pocahontas II manages to be remarkably worse.

historic inaccuracy aside, what went wrong?!

The Jungle Book II was pure shit with only 2 redeeming factors

>John Goodman as Baloo
>Tony Jaye as Shere Khan

Admittedly, Jaye was just leftover casting from Tailspin, but still.

Anyway, Jungle Book II was bad, but it's not the worst Disney-related Jungle Book thing. The Jungle Cubs takes that honor.

I was under the impression that alot disney movies had awful sequels.
Of the top of my head, little mermaid, sleeping beauty, and lion king all did right?