Herbie the Fat Fury StoryTime Extravaganza~

Well, since most of Sup Forums is eerily slow (at least to me) tonight over the election I thought "Well shit, I finally have time to do a story time".

So sit back, relax, take you're mind off the world for awhile, and enjoy what Alan Moore calls "the most powerful comic book hero ever created."

This is Herbie Popnecker; The Fat Fury issues 01-08!

How's everyone doing tonight?

I'm doing great! You're a credit to your people for this storytime, son.

Is there any hero that could defeat Herbie?

maybe I should spring for a Sup Forums pass to make this go faster, iunno fuck it

Maybe only Castro himself

the next 3 pages are ads, but I thought I'd keep them in just for a little flavor

Thanks op!

alright guys, that's issue 1! I'm gonna take a short break for a drink and order some food. Bumping is appreciated so the thread hopefully doesn't 404

Be back soon!

bump

>Herbie's parents are unaware of his great powers and fame. His mother is reasonably supportive, however his father, Pincus Popnecker, repeatedly refers to him as a "little fat nothing" and wishes he had a son who "did something". Herbie's father, despite his wholesome and conservative "1950s dad" appearance, constantly engages in harebrained schemes and fails. Herbie is always obliged to bail him out in each circumstance, though the clueless Pincus always takes the credit and believes himself to be a financial genius.
Herbie is practically always shown with a lollipop, and lollipops are the main subjects of several stories. Herbie can "bop" adversaries with his lollipops, immediately defeating them. Herbie intimidates his adversaries by asking them rhetorically, "You want I should bop you with this here lollipop?", which almost always results in them backing down.

>Powers

>Hypnotic eyes that can defeat opponents by staring
>Famous throughout history and able to depend on the help of others
>By talking to animals, able to gather information and use animals' abilities
>Powerful lollipops (particularly hard-to-get cinnamon) provide superhuman strength and other special abilities
>Punching, often very rapidly
>Time travel (using a special lollipop and a grandfather clock)
>Indestructibility — Herbie is often unaware he is even being attacked
>Fly, but doing so by walking upright. In addition to being able to walk on air and through space, he can walk underwater. Herbie can also fly underground and often breaks through walls
>Invisibility — early on, Herbie could become invisible, but stopped using that power by the third Herbie issue
>Magic — visiting the Unknown, a mysterious spirit world

In a review of the Dark Horse Comics collections Herbie: Volume One and Herbie: Volume Two, The New York Times described Hughes' Herbie Popnecker as,
>...a corpulent kid with half-lidded eyes, thick glasses and a hideous bowl cut. His father calls him a “little fat nothing,” not realizing that Herbie is actually a colossus striding across the cultural landscape of his era. With the aid of his super-empowering lollipops, Herbie punches out Sonny Liston, confronts Fidel Castro and gets sent on a secret mission by U Thant. Hughes took a while to perfect his stories’ tone of deadpan absurdity, but Whitney’s slightly stiff, matter-of-fact artwork improves the gags by understating them.[3]
Collections and revivals[edit]

>Herbie was stated in an interview with Alan Moore as Moore's favorite Superhero.

issue 2 is official in the history books!

Would love to hear how you guys are liking ti so far

Stay tuned!

Issue 3, punks